What's new

JazzFanz ESPN Tournament Challenge

Bah, next year I'm going with the first thing I put down on paper. Most of my edits were bad ones.

I really liked Gonzaga all year long, clearly this is Few's most talented squad, I thought they were the #1 team even back when Nova was still undefeated.

I'm O/fer since 2012.. Changing up the tactics next year for sure.

Purdon't fooled me 2 years ina row.. Carsen Edwards played so much worse than I was expecting... I'll probably have them making a run next year tho.. (If only Swanigan leaves)..

The last time I picked the champs correctly was when Kemba took 3-seed Connecticut all the way after winking 5 games in 5 days in the Big East tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Pretty much looking like of Oregon wins today I win this thing. This one and the one at work, too.

Let's go Ducks!

some exciting games yesterday - - glad the Ducks got it close at the end, but that finish was something else, UNC sure did a great job under their own basket

I guess there's a few of us with Gonzaga...
Should be interesting to see how the final standing line up once the game ends on Monday night

Crazy how much just getting the last pick right bumps you up. Pretty sure I was in the bottom 25% of brackets across ESPN but because I got the UNC pick right I got bumped up into teh 86%.

Fell to the 7th. Did a bad job of picking the final four. Guess it's not bad coming in 2nd and 7th for a guy who doesn't know what he is doing.

lol wtf I got 4th, I watched one total NCAA game this season (and it was to watch UK lose, double lol)

lol wtf I got 4th, I watched one total NCAA game this season (and it was to watch UK lose, double lol)

I finished tied for 2nd. I watched a total of 5 minutes of college basketball, and that was during the final four.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

so proud of the team from Loyola-Chicago for keeping it together and getting the win yesterday over Miami!!!!

online-shake-3-13-13-4_3.jpg

a bit of history... Loyola is the ONLY Illinois school to ever have won a National Championship in the NCAA Tournament. It was 55 years ago, 1963 and their first round game was played in East Lansing, MI on March 15, 1963 - so yesterday was the 55th anniversary of that win. What was especially notable about that game was that the team they played, Mississippi State, had defied a state injunction against playing in the tournament because the Loyola team was integrated and all Mississippi schools were forbidden from playing any team with an African-American player.

here's a wonderful story about that game: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ent-championship-50-year-anniversary/1973795/

It's more than a "Cinderella" story, it's sort of a moral for our times.

fyi, they won the National Champions by beating the top-ranked Cincinnati Bearcats in overtime, 60-58, on a buzzer beater put-back

so proud of the team from Loyola-Chicago for keeping it together and getting the win yesterday over Miami!!!!

online-shake-3-13-13-4_3.jpg

a bit of history... Loyola is the ONLY Illinois school to ever have won a National Championship in the NCAA Tournament. It was 55 years ago, 1963 and their first round game was played in East Lansing, MI on March 15, 1963 - so yesterday was the 55th anniversary of that win. What was especially notable about that game was that the team they played, Mississippi State, had defied a state injunction against playing in the tournament because the Loyola team was integrated and all Mississippi schools were forbidden from playing any team with an African-American player.

here's a wonderful story about that game: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ent-championship-50-year-anniversary/1973795/

It's more than a "Cinderella" story, it's sort of a moral for our times.

fyi, they won the National Champions by beating the top-ranked Cincinnati Bearcats in overtime, 60-58, on a buzzer beater put-back

Sweet 16 baby!!! Bracket busted but I'm a happy camper.

^

I’m not a religious person but the whole thing with the nun is really cool and I’m finding myself rooting for them big time.

Unless they end up playing Sparty at some point. Then **** them.