What's new

Jazzfanz Pickup Game Round 2

honz

Thunder Fanatic
Contributor
So, I recently started playing ball again and I want to try and set up another Jazzfanz pickup game to help get our fat asses in shape and to take out our frustration over the Jazz season on each other. I have no date, time, or place set, but just wanted to see what sort of interest there would be in doing this again. It sounds like last time Conan was able to get everyone into Jordan High or something...and that would be ideal this time too so no one has to pay and we don't have to play on a ****** carpeted court in a church somewhere. So, who is interested, do Saturday mornings work for most everyone, and does anyone have a place we could play for free?

My friends and I coordinated a group vacation day this past Friday and we played at our Community Center for about 3 and a half hours (the gym is open during the day but unfortunately during the evenings it's booked most of the time with classes like Zumba and Pilates).

We all took the day off from work and got about 14 guys. Played late morning and then went out to drink away the afternoon. It was awesome.

So anyway - have fun.

I'm in. I hope we can wait a couple of weeks, cause I'm pretty sure I tore my hamstring and I would like to be dunking on you dudes. There are places in Utah County we can play, but I know most people don't want to come down here. I'm down with going up to Salt Lake. The best bet is to get a church (with wood floors) and meet up there. That would be fun and we wouldn't have to worry about other people trying to jump in.

I better start doing some serious Plyo X so I don't get dunked on. I assume it wouldn't happen for a couple weeks, but we will see when it works for most people.

I'm in.

At the very worst, I can get keys to my ward. Unfortunately, it's one of those ity-bitty courts where there is no corner three.

I'm in.

At the very worst, I can get keys to my ward. Unfortunately, it's one of those ity-bitty courts where there is no corner three.

That's a seriously flawed model. Who came up with that anyway? The same geniuses that told them to lay down carpet on some of the courts? The shorter court length I understand, but the corner three is a must and your *** shouldn't be scraping the wall/broom closet when trying to shoot it.

So do Saturday mornings around 10:00 or so work for most people? Maybe about 2 weeks from now on the 26th, I believe it would be.

Archie., have you been to the doctor yet regarding your hammy?

No. I usually don't go to the doc unless I'm dying. I played a full game on Thursday last week, which wasn't the smartest thing in the world for it to heal, but basketball has been very therapeutic for me, especially right after my brother's funeral. I might be fine this week though, I don't know.

No. I usually don't go to the doc unless I'm dying. I played a full game on Thursday last week, which wasn't the smartest thing in the world for it to heal, but basketball has been very therapeutic for me, especially right after my brother's funeral. I might be fine this week though, I don't know.

Dude if you were able to play ball its definitely not torn.

I'd love to come play. I played last time. However, I'm not sure the 26th would work for me. I've got a funeral that day, but I don't know any other details about it yet.

Yes, I know that's a long ways out to know about a funeral already. It was my mom's aunt. She's died like a week and a half ago and has been cremated already. I have no idea why the hell they're waiting a month for the funeral.

I played at about 25%. No lie. I hobbled the whole time. It's strained for sure, which means it is torn.

Look man, do what you want to do, but if you're looking to have a lingering injury and maybe even a chronic one, continue playing.

C'mon guys, anyone else want to join? Archie is probably the only real ball player that will be there so no worries if you don't play that much. I certainly am not that good.

C'mon guys, anyone else want to join? Archie is probably the only real ball player that will be there so no worries if you don't play that much. I certainly am not that good.

Excuse me? Girl, you know I be dominating yo' ***, sho.