What's new

JFC Hall of Fame

babe

Well, some say if you can't beat'em, join'em.

Well, being a sort of pacifist believer in words and ideas as preferred tools in behavior or belief modification "change-agent causes", I'm pretty much out there in the wonderland trying to figure out what there is I can do besides "join'em".

I figure we need to at least showcase the spectacular posters who deserve credit for extraordinary efforts.

Of course I'll take nominations.

Dutch

For disproportionately representing more actual humans' views of the world than anyone else.

For lasting longer than anyone in JazzFanz history in playing the role of community dissident.

We've lost a number of less-persistent characters: Ain't in all his variations/alts. Sloanfailed in all his personas. PearlWatson, NCjazz.... But look at their accomplishments. Mods gone into hiding like Rev and SKA, and other refugees from reality who just can't bear with the idea of opponents who just won't go away....

Ain't

For bringing the blues to Jazz.

In more than one way.

Yes, he loved the Blues, but he apparently made some JFC members feel the blues. And now, as the years roll on, I'm a bit blue he's gone.

Smartest JFC member ever, did the best trash talk.

UB

One of the funniest posters this site has ever seen! He left and came back and posts here and there now. I love the guy, but he was funniest earlier in his JFC career. He's still awesome and a great poster.

So you know how there was MJ and he was the best, no doubt, then Kobe came along and people wandered if he was the next MJ? So UB was like MJ as far as funny JFC posters go, then he left and there was UGLI, who seemed like he might fill UB's shoes. It was like that.

YB

YB used to be a rock of enlightenment and humor on this site. He's like the Wilt Chamberlain of JFC, just old enough that a lot of us youngins know who he is, but we don't really "know who he is."

Sonofabitch never could make it to a ****ing poker game, though. I'm still salty on that YB.

Troutbum

I'm almost able to accept the fact that boris is Troutbum. If it's true, and it probably is, I hate you Dave. How could you do that to us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37SrQdIqKiU

I'm almost able to accept the fact that boris is Troutbum. If it's true, and it probably is, I hate you Dave. How could you do that to us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37SrQdIqKiU

Why are you so mean spirited? I read some ugly thoughts you write to [MENTION=3073]JustTheTip[/MENTION] an [MENTION=970]babe[/MENTION] an always at me. I do not get bothered by it but I want you an everone else to have inner peace.

You know, sometimes you need to go for a drive in the city an experience stupid drivers an simply accept that some do not think like you an maybe they are stupid an rude but there is no reason to get worked up an road rage. That won't change nuthin an prolly only bring you trouble so what is the point in tryin ta change what you can not control?

Ya git my drift?

Addictionary

[MENTION=2142]addictionary[/MENTION] is my favourite poster. She/he is always nice to everone an insightful. I try to be more like this poster.

Jesus Christ

Dude was a stud until the mods crucified him, ending his glorious yet short-lived reign.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wes Mantooth again.

Beer

Hands down the funniest person to post on this website. I think he might still be around but he doesn't post much anymore.

Why are you so mean spirited? I read some ugly thoughts you write to [MENTION=3073]JustTheTip[/MENTION] an [MENTION=970]babe[/MENTION] an always at me. I do not get bothered by it but I want you an everone else to have inner peace.

You know, sometimes you need to go for a drive in the city an experience stupid drivers an simply accept that some do not think like you an maybe they are stupid an rude but there is no reason to get worked up an road rage. That won't change nuthin an prolly only bring you trouble so what is the point in tryin ta change what you can not control?

Ya git my drift?

an insurance man would suggest people should stay home, off the roads, and take more naps. Especially when annoyed by knowitalls or the wife.

also, Trout moved to St. George and helps Dr. Jones look for the lost Ark.

cheers.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I just don't believe Peeks is Dr. Jones. Don't know what the Dr. did to PKM.

But Peeks had personality and pizzazz, and Dr. Jones hardly ever does a totally useless post just to run up his numbers, preferring instead a life of retirement, apparently, where he sedately rolls off the backroads of Mohave County touring ditches upside down in big fancy trucks. So perhaps I should nominate the astounding basketball data library that bled stars outta every pore for Kentucky.

Gawd I hope Trout is OK.