What's new

Jimmy Butler is in town..

We could get him.... it will be a challenge but it's doable. Many people have brought up that Boston can give the first overall pick. The thing is that Chicago may not want to trade Butler to someone in the same conference. We could give them several first round picks. Maybe something like:

2017 1st round pick
2017 GSW 1st round pick
2018 OCK pick (projected 1st round)
2019 Utah 1st round pick
2022 Utah 1st round pick
+any three of Exum, Hood, lyles, Favors.

Not sure they do it, but it's a fairly reasonable deal.

Guys Jimmy butler likes country music... country music!!!!!!

A buddy of mine said he spotted Jimmy Buckets today around downtown. I did some digging and saw some pictures on Instagram that he was tagged in and it's legit, he is in town. Obviously it could be for any number of reasons, but hopefully something is in the works for the offseason. A Hayward, Gobert and Butler core would be a force in this league. Easily top 2 seed with the Spurs getting older..

Spurs is getting older for the last 10 years, yet still the most successful team in the NBA.

Doubt there is anything of substance to this; but I think Butler is one of the few legit stars in the league that would actually sign a FA deal with Utah.

He'd probably love playing for QS.

He owns a chain of restaurants in Utah.

jb-s-restaurant.jpg

Don't want to get excited or anything, but Hill/Butler/Hayward/Gobert with Aunt Jemima would be an exciting team.

Sounds like some luxury tax though.

Aunt Jemima might have the size to play the 4 but I think her 3 pt shot is lacking to be the true stretch 4 we need. Pass.

You assume that if you haven't heard about something, that it must not be happening. Could be negotiations going on that even you have not heard about yet.

Utah most certainly talked to George Hill about the potential of re-signing in Utah before trading a first rounder for him.

Of course, it could be something completely unrelated going on, or perhaps where there's smoke, there's fire. Imma choose to believe in fire.

fire is a myth, an unproven mythical thing!

STOP BELIEVING IN IT!

dont think he is comming to utah why would he

According to the reddit thread on this, his step-dad is a coach at BYU, so he has family in Utah I guess.

Googled, Butler was adopted by Jordan Leslie's family (former BYU WR). Their step-dad coaches at BYU.

So there is the connection. His adoptive family lives in Utah.

see not comming to jazz, the whole fire thing is a myth

We could get him.... it will be a challenge but it's doable. Many people have brought up that Boston can give the first overall pick. The thing is that Chicago may not want to trade Butler to someone in the same conference. We could give them several first round picks. Maybe something like:

2017 1st round pick
2017 GSW 1st round pick
2018 OCK pick (projected 1st round)
2019 Utah 1st round pick
2022 Utah 1st round pick
+any three of Exum, Hood, lyles, Favors.

Not sure they do it, but it's a fairly reasonable deal.

Dennis Lindsey takes off his mask and reveals that he is actually Billy King.

Butler's girlfriend is from Utah. Maybe he's with her visiting family?
https://www.playerwives.com/nba/chicago-bulls/jimmy-butlers-girlfriend-charmaine-piula/

I went to high school with Charmaine. She was an awesome basketball player and I always though she seemed like a classy/good human being. Her and Jimmy aren't together anymore. I think their relationship might have been blown out of proportion a bit. She lives in BOI now and based on her Facebook account, it seems she is married to a guy rocking a BYU shirt and they are expecting. She also comes from a super LDS family so If her and Jimmy did break up, thats probably why.

I went to high school with Charmaine. She was an awesome basketball player and I always though she seemed like a classy/good human being. Her and Jimmy aren't together anymore. I think their relationship might have been blown out of proportion a bit. She lives in BOI now and based on her Facebook account, it seems she is married to a guy rocking a BYU shirt and they are expecting. She also comes from a super LDS family so If her and Jimmy did break up, thats probably why.

Poor Jimmy.