What's new

Jimmy Butler

Houston thinks that's too much

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

Which is crazy considering PJ Tucker's contract may not age well and Gordon has struggled with injury throughout his career. I think it is mostly about PJ kinda anchoring the team's defense.

I think they have been reluctant to go all in part because of financial impact. If they re-signed Jimmy Tax could get nasty.

Houston lost Ariza, Moute, Anderson and would lose Tucker and Gordon.

Who’ve they added? Carmelo. And Butler if this goes through. Did they add anyone else?

Houston lost Ariza, Moute, Anderson and would lose Tucker and Gordon.

Who’ve they added? Carmelo. And Butler if this goes through. Did they add anyone else?

Added James Ennis outside of that not really.

Brandon Knight is hurt again... not sure he has anything to provide.

They will pickup some minimum dudes after buyouts happen.

Oh no, you're kidding? Minny traded Markkanen, Lavine and Dunn to CHI. CHI wouldn't even traded Lavine for Gordon and Tucker, let alone Markkanen.

When they did that trade Jimmy had two years left on his deal... he now has one... they should get half what they paid. They will get less than that because everyone know he wants out and most of the teams that would be interested would rather have him for 4 years than on a 5 year deal. Why give up assets when you can try to sign him outright.

Honestly... I'd rather have Josh Richardson than Jimmy given the contract Josh has and the demands Jimmy will have. If minny had an offer of Josh a 1st and some filler and didn't take it they are dumb.

Yes they would. They were very divided on whether to match that offer sheet. Almost let him walk for nothing just a few months ago.
Agree to disagree. Lavine doesn't get a lot of love around here, but he's been great in the preseason. I think he's a very promising young player that has an all star ceiling, especially now that he's in in the East.

When they did that trade Jimmy had two years left on his deal... he now has one... they should get half what they paid. They will get less than that because everyone know he wants out and most of the teams that would be interested would rather have him for 4 years than on a 5 year deal. Why give up assets when you can try to sign him outright.

Honestly... I'd rather have Josh Richardson than Jimmy given the contract Josh has and the demands Jimmy will have. If minny had an offer of Josh a 1st and some filler and didn't take it they are dumb.
Me too.

Speaking of malcontents... didn't take Jabari long to start bitching about his role. Already upset he got moved to the bench... Lauri aint even playing yet and they benched him.
Yeah, that made me lmao. The dude openly talks about how he doesnt really care about playing defense more than anyone I've seen in recent memory then pouts when he gets benched. I don't think even Melo has been that brazen with his quotes about playing defense.

Agree to disagree. Lavine doesn't get a lot of love around here, but he's been great in the preseason. I think he's a very promising young player that has an all star ceiling, especially now that he's in in the East.
It takes two to agree, right?

Yeah, that made me lmao. The dude openly talks about how he doesnt really care about playing defense more than anyone I've seen in recent memory then pouts when he gets benched. I don't think even Melo has been that brazen with his quotes about playing defense.

Ya boy stole his job... Just looked at the numbers... not sure Jabari has a case that he is better on offense or defense.

Oh and Melo was actually good at one point. Jabari reminds me of the unemployed millenial that gets the job offer but wants like twice as much salary as they deserve.