What's new

Jimmy Butler

Yesterday I heard the Heat are interested in Butler and today it's the Rockets: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...acquire-wolves-star-but-deal-could-be-tricky/
I just don’t see how Houston would have the pieces to get him, even in a three-way, unless it’s a total fire sale in Minnesota, but Layden’s gotta be smarter than dealing an all-star for trash to a conference rival. Granted, it’s clear it’s not his decision, but he’s gotta have some sway in not taking garbage in exchange from someone in the conference.

I was also embellishing... I call my friends douchebags and choches. I call people I don't like Cy.

you just proved time after time you lacked bball iq and commonsense. Your the guy who playing Nba2k you do a draft and then your making trades after every game or 2. You know you do that so don't even lie!

I feel like Minnesota and Dallas should get a deal done.

Dallas is a big market and they need a star. Seems like it would fit Jimmy's criteria. Butler/Doncic/Jordan/Smith is a good starting 4 on paper in terms of potential.

Barnes+Matthews+Future pick for Butler+Dieng

Barnes and Matthews both seem like players Thibs would like.

I feel like Minnesota and Dallas should get a deal done.

Dallas is a big market and they need a star. Seems like it would fit Jimmy's criteria. Butler/Doncic/Jordan/Smith is a good starting 4 on paper in terms of potential.

Barnes+Matthews+Future pick for Butler+Dieng

Barnes and Matthews both seem like players Thibs would like.

I had a similar thought... they already owe a pick to the Hawks, but if they want a one year run prior to Dirk bailing this would work... though I think they'd prefer to keep a pick out of it.

Tomorrow Dallas will be Butler's preferred destination... pretty soon it will be all 29 other teams and 3 G League teams that are his preferred destination.

I just don’t see how Houston would have the pieces to get him, even in a three-way, unless it’s a total fire sale in Minnesota, but Layden’s gotta be smarter than dealing an all-star for trash to a conference rival. Granted, it’s clear it’s not his decision, but he’s gotta have some sway in not taking garbage in exchange from someone in the conference.

Eric Gordon and a 1st is better than some of the garbage being thrown out there. Salary matching is a little tricky if Minnesota requires Dieng in the deal. Gordon would fit pretty well imo.

What makes me grin is how Butler's agent initially stated Butler was mainly interested in the Nets, Knicks or Clippers and with nothing happening the team list magically grows. It goes to show player attitude counts. A few seasons ago a good number of us (myself included) desperately wanted Butler on the Jazz and now a lot of us are like, meeeeeh.

I think crappier teams are much more likely to want him as good teams don't want to mess with player chemistry.

To be honest many of you who I had high opinions are comming across as single purpose minded. Butler has no loyalty. Given where he requested to go he expects to create a win now culture, despite the fact that he has never done it. Minny was a great opportunity for him and he greatly under performed. Butler is so over hyped. I wouldn't trade for him if it was Neto straight up. As well as he may do individually he is a culture destroyer and is not worth his own weight. You gain Jimmy but lose everything you've built.

Last edited:
Think of it this way. Minny was so eager to move Jim that they openly said they would do it in a week. Their is no hope with the guy.

I would finally like to say that it's obvious that most of you are not listening to Locked on Jazz and gaining wisdom from listening to our players discuss the wisdom from the book "Culture Code". As they discuss the value of positive attitudes and creating a positive culture.

Really... no ones firing this thread back up after today??

Go get that man.

If Gordon + Tucker is the price, would Crowder + AB + 1st get it done?

Really... no ones firing this thread back up after today??

Go get that man.

If Gordon + Tucker is the price, would Crowder + AB + 1st get it done?

Nah, dudes a problem child and i wouldn't give up Crowder for him, maybe Thabo. Anyway it has a great popcorn value.

He would LOVE DM
He would LOVE RUDY
He would LOVE QUIN

Spend big while DM is on that rookie deal. He's right there, go get him DL.

Lmao at the idiots. Without him we are a 50+ win team, with him we are contenders. The jazz wouldn’t have a problem with that and neither would he. He just wants to win and is a competitor, he would love playing on this team. I see no problems.

Wait we are idiots and you are telling us this is about winning... this is about one thing bruh....$$$$$

Getting to his new team now means he can get the five year max not the four. Look at his list of preferred destinations and tell me this is about winning... idiot.

Jimmy orchestrated a giant media fiasco to help him gain leverage... he attacked several of his teammates openly. Minny should have already traded him but this is about jimmy getting what he wants. Not the guy you bring in... unless we are willing to give the five year max he’d likely pitch a fit here too.

Wait we are idiots and you are telling us this is about winning... this is about one thing bruh....$$$$$

Getting to his new team now means he can get the five year max not the four. Look at his list of preferred destinations and tell me this is about winning... idiot.

Settle down son. I am responding to the people That think he would ruin the team chemistry

Not sure how you read all that in my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Settle down son. I am responding to the people That think he would ruin the team chemistry

Not sure how you read all that in my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read yo post fool... tell me what I misinterpreted... you said he wants to win and would be fine here... it’s not about winning and he wouldn’t be fine here.

There wasn’t any reading into what you said... it was literally reading what you said.