What's new

Jimmy Butler

Also, I'm really glad we have the Millers and DL running the show... this Minny situation shows that culture definitely matters. You can have a bunch of talented #1 picks, trade for veteran all-stars, hire the consensus best coach on the market... and still be a **** show if you can't develop players or a winning culture.

Minny will always be the Timberpups.

I'm a little rusty here (thanks, Mods), but if we were to sign Butler next offseason, then that means no more Rubio and Favors, right? Who else?

It's not so much that I'm passing on Butler, but I'm passing on the total cost of bringing him in.
If we trade for him now, we wouldn’t have to give up Favors or Rubio. We’d just have to give up AB and TB. People say that’s not enough, but I’m sure somewhere we still have the rights to CB, and after we get his *** on a plane from China, the Thibbster can still have his starting 5.

If we trade for him now, we wouldn’t have to give up Favors or Rubio. We’d just have to give up AB and TB. People say that’s not enough, but I’m sure somewhere we still have the rights to CB, and after we get his *** on a plane from China, the Thibbster can still have his starting 5.

Thabo was a bull once... maybe we just trade him straight up for Towns... he can have just Bulls.

I'm sure we wouldn't be one of the three, but there's no doubt a player like Jimmy would be a perfect fit.

Also
I'm sure we wouldn't be one of the three, but there's no doubt a player like Jimmy would be a perfect fit.
In terms of skillset I agree, I don't think he'd fit in at all in the locker room though. Could be absolutely disastrous for chemistry.

Woj is reporting the three teams he'd prefer to be traded to are the Nets, the Knicks, and the Clippers.

Woj is reporting the three teams he'd prefer to be traded to are the Nets, the Knicks, and the Clippers.

Man if that is true then Minny getting hosed... those teams don't have the most to offer. I would think Philly or the Lakers could pony up a decent asset, but the cupboards are pretty bare on those teams. The Lakers don't have salary fodder to make it happen until KCP is eligible to trade doe.

So, the Clips could offer a package centered around Harris and draft picks or SGA.

Nets... picks? Hollis Jefferson, Jarrett Allen, Russell and stuff?

Knicks... would they make the Carmelo mistake again? Hells yes they would... Frankie Smokes, Kevin Knox, and 100 first round picks!

To be fair to Butler, that organization is a joke, and their losing is a symptom of that, not the cause.

Butler basically dragged that team from sucking to the playoffs in an insane Western Conference.

If the Jazz are somehow on the list, everyone/basically everything that’s not Mitchell and Gobert goes on the table. Since the Jazz are probably not on that list, then there’s nothing to talk about.

Yep! Seems winning isn't exactly at the top of his list of priorities.

That was supposedly his number 1 priority. I think what he is doing is lining up a team in a big market that can also bring in his weirdo friend Kyrie... and then they can take over all of the flat earth. STAY WOKE!

To be fair to Butler, that organization is a joke, and their losing is a symptom of that, not the cause.

Butler basically dragged that team from sucking to the playoffs in an insane Western Conference.

If the Jazz are somehow on the list, everyone/basically everything that’s not Mitchell and Gobert goes on the table. Since the Jazz are probably not on that list, then there’s nothing to talk about.

I don't think I'd do it... he has a strong personality that might not jive and I think he wants out now so he can get the 5 year max from the team that trades for him. Jimmy at 30 on a 5/190M would scare me to death. He played for Thibs too long... he's headed to the Joakim Noah memorial graveyard soon.

Jesus, what a ****ing **** head.

I rescind my endorsement.

This is about a 5 year max next season and bringing in another guy next year in a big market. If it was about winning Philly, Lakers, Boston would all be on the list.

If I was handicapping it... I say the Clips get him.

I really think him and Kyrie team up somewhere next year... this may set off a chain where Kyrie is traded or he just waits out the year and leaves Boston... dear god I hope it's the latter.