What's new

Joel Bolomboy HYPE THREAD

Revolution 9

Contributor
[video=youtube_share;jEoqF18ln6k]https://youtu.be/jEoqF18ln6k

Really excited about this kid. I think hes got a place in this league.

I just love the potential. He may not pan out to more than a Jeremy Evans type of player for us, but I see the
potential for more. A lot more.

Raves:
-His 3 point shot: If he continues to develop a 3 pt shot look out. 3 and D players are a premium in this league.
-His Form: looks great on the those shots. Balance is outstanding, and he's shooting with great elevation and control.
-His Body: Looks like a younger Ron Artest. He's so strong, and athletic. He will be able to hang in the paint in this league.
-Ability to Finish at the Rim: He looks like he has a elite ability to finish at the rim. He can finish lobs with authority. He can catch the ball down low, and
smash on people.
-Body Language: Great calm, confident, at times mean demeanor. In other words, he acts like he belongs.
-Rebounds: His ability to grab boards at a high rate is huge. That skill alone can get you time in the NBA.

Question marks:
How is his defense coming along? If he can defend, rebound, and hit 3s I see a future for him in our rotation. The great thing is we can bring him along slowly.
What position do you think he can play for us? Could he replace one of our backups, and play a lot more next year?

I see what I saw when I first saw him in SL, a young Mailman, and everyone ridiculed me then. I was going by his body and movement. However, I never saw Malone play in his early years as I'm not from Utah and the games weren't broadcast nationally like they are today. I only know Malone averaged 14 and 9 at the same age, and Bolomboy is still playing in the D-League. One thing Bolomboy has over Malone is more lift. He plays way above the rim. Maybe those who did see him play then could make a better comparison. I know Malone bulked up a lot more in later years.

That first dunk in the video is filthy. His three point shot looks fluid and natural. Love his size and athleticism. Looks really strong. I think he will get some minutes on the jazz eventually.

I really like following Bolomboy's progresion. I have the same feeling that I had when Tyrone Corbin had sent Rudy Gobert to the D-League when I was calling since his first summer league game that Gobert would cut Enes on the lineup eventually. So you would imagine how pissed I was when he was sent to Development League. And I by heart knew that he would get pissed at this and become a force with the fire in his heart to prove his worth. I wish the same for Bolomboy. And that is the same reason why I want Snyder to send Dante Exum to D-League.

I post, therefore I am.

Looks promising, but just because a guy looks great in the D-League doesn't mean it will pan out in the big boy league. Wish Dante would have got more reps in D-League, it would have done him some good.

*Just noticed a ****ing BALL PIT court side. That **** is hysterical.

[video=youtube_share;jEoqF18ln6k]https://youtu.be/jEoqF18ln6k

Really excited about this kid. I think hes got a place in this league.

I just love the potential. He may not pan out to more than a Jeremy Evans type of player for us, but I see the
potential for more. A lot more.

Raves:
-His 3 point shot: If he continues to develop a 3 pt shot look out. 3 and D players are a premium in this league.
-His Form: looks great on the those shots. Balance is outstanding, and he's shooting with great elevation and control.
-His Body: Looks like a younger Ron Artest. He's so strong, and athletic. He will be able to hang in the paint in this league.
-Ability to Finish at the Rim: He looks like he has a elite ability to finish at the rim. He can finish lobs with authority. He can catch the ball down low, and
smash on people.
-Body Language: Great calm, confident, at times mean demeanor. In other words, he acts like he belongs.
-Rebounds: His ability to grab boards at a high rate is huge. That skill alone can get you time in the NBA.

Question marks:
How is his defense coming along? If he can defend, rebound, and hit 3s I see a future for him in our rotation. The great thing is we can bring him along slowly.
What position do you think he can play for us? Could he replace one of our backups, and play a lot more next year?

Good lord!! He's taking and hitting threes?? I had no idea he could do that. If he develops, wow!! A guy who is an athletic freak, plays above the rim plays great defense, rebounds, and knock down threes. That next to Gobert would be a dream scenario for this team!!

Some nice defense on display here.

[video=youtube_share;GzqNaHuOO8E]https://youtu.be/GzqNaHuOO8E

nasty block shots....

It should be mentioned he leads the DLeague in offensive, defensive, and total rebounding.

He's listed at 6'7", is he really only 6'7"?

Looks solid. His shot reminds me of Blake Griffin's. He looks a little slow to elevate though.

I've been saying we need to give him minutes -- not for his development primarily but moreso because we need rebounding and a Diaw/Lyles combo on the glass leaves a lot to be desired. His rebounding alone is what I think should get him some minutes as I think his athleticism and quickness helps disguise any of his weaknesses into our team structure. Play him as a small ball 5 and keep some advantage on the glass.

Looks like he's done 16 games in the D-league:

34 mpg
54% FG
47.8% 3P% (1.4 attempts per game)
13.4 RPG
1.4 BPG
1.8 APG
15.4 PPG
18.7 badass per game

He's played great in the D-league, and I like the strategy the Jazz are using to develop him. Having him practice with the Jazz and play for the Stars has been great. He looks like a solid rotational piece down the road. Would t be surprised at all to find him in the mix next year. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a couple minutes that aren't garbage time if any of Favors, Lyles or Diaw need a game off.

I've been saying we need to give him minutes -- not for his development primarily but moreso because we need rebounding and a Diaw/Lyles combo on the glass leaves a lot to be desired. His rebounding alone is what I think should get him some minutes as I think his athleticism and quickness helps disguise any of his weaknesses into our team structure. Play him as a small ball 5 and keep some advantage on the glass.

Looks like he's done 16 games in the D-league:

34 mpg
54% FG
47.8% 3P% (1.4 attempts per game)
13.4 RPG
1.4 BPG
1.8 APG
15.4 PPG
18.7 badass per game
Damn
RELEASE THE BOLOMBOY!
This

He's played great in the D-league, and I like the strategy the Jazz are using to develop him. Having him practice with the Jazz and play for the Stars has been great. He looks like a solid rotational piece down the road. Would t be surprised at all to find him in the mix next year. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a couple minutes that aren't garbage time if any of Favors, Lyles or Diaw continue to play the way they have been playing.

Fixed

He was a versatile player at weber but his game is looking more refined now for sure. Big leaps for him. Being a weber alum id really enjoy it if he made the rotation.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I am the ultimate Bolomboy homer. It's cool to see others wanting him to actually get minutes.

With Favors not himself Bolomboy needs to play as Diaw and Lyles aren't nasty rebounders. Some offensive rebounds would be nice.