What's new

Joel Bolomboy HYPE THREAD

It will be interesting to see if he actually makes the team next year or will just be on a 2-way contract.

Looks promising, but just because a guy looks great in the D-League doesn't mean it will pan out in the big boy league. Wish Dante would have got more reps in D-League, it would have done him some good.

*Just noticed a ****ing BALL PIT court side. That **** is hysterical.

This.

Remember Almond scored >50 more than once in the d league.

It will be interesting to see if he actually makes the team next year or will just be on a 2-way contract.
I'd say no way he doesn't make the team. He just oozes potential, and he's doing better sooner than i thought he would. I was pretty excited when they picked him up. This is also why i am glad that they picked up aged vets to fill out the roster because it leaves room for him to join the team as they fade in a couple years. I understand that though he has amazing upside, his actual offensive game is kinda raw, as far as when to cut, pick, that kind of thing. If all he has to do is learn how to play the game, then he should be golden in a season or two, especially because he has the attitude to fill in the gaps. Actually kinda Rudy like in that way.

Side note, this is kind of the San Antonio way, take a player with gaps in his game, and bring them along slow, and when their time comes, they suddenly become better than anyone thought they would.

I'd say no way he doesn't make the team. He just oozes potential, and he's doing better sooner than i thought he would. I was pretty excited when they picked him up. This is also why i am glad that they picked up aged vets to fill out the roster because it leaves room for him to join the team as they fade in a couple years. I understand that though he has amazing upside, his actual offensive game is kinda raw, as far as when to cut, pick, that kind of thing. If all he has to do is learn how to play the game, then he should be golden in a season or two, especially because he has the attitude to fill in the gaps. Actually kinda Rudy like in that way.

Side note, this is kind of the San Antonio way, take a player with gaps in his game, and bring them along slow, and when their time comes, they suddenly become better than anyone thought they would.

We have two first round picks in a deep draft and we will return most of our roster next year. It will be a competition for him to be part of the 15 regular contracts.

We have two first round picks in a deep draft and we will return most of our roster next year. It will be a competition for him to be part of the 15 regular contracts.

Do you think Diaw, or Withey comes back next year? Cant remember if Diaw signed a 2 year deal or one.

Doesn't mean the Jazz will draft two players besides Mack, Whitey, Ingles are free agents. Not sure if Ingles is but there will be some turnover so I doubt there won't be a spot for him. I would like to see him play in the NBA to see how he does.

Doesn't mean the Jazz will draft two players besides Mack, Whitey, Ingles are free agents. Not sure if Ingles is but there will be some turnover so I doubt there won't be a spot for him. I would like to see him play in the NBA to see how he does.
They will draft a lot of guys with the new two way contract rule. Not to mention they could sign free agents.

There are players way more than talented than Joel in this upcoming draft. He is really going to have to win a contract in SL.
Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

This.

Remember Almond scored >50 more than once in the d league.

More important than scoring, what's your opinion on the correlation between rebounding performance in college and the D league with NBA performance? Your insights are appreciated.

They will draft a lot of guys with the new two way contract rule. Not to mention they could sign free agents.

There are players way more than talented than Joel in this upcoming draft. He is really going to have to win a contract in SL.
Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

There are players in the draft more talented than a lot of our team, it doesnt mean we'll land them.

We aren't picking high in the draft this year. Whomever we choose will have to fight to crack our current rotation.

Bolomboy looks ready for a chance from what I have seen. Here's a thought for ya'll. If Favors comes back into form or doesn't... does the versatility of Bolomboy, Diaw, and a draft pick make Favors expendable? It's not so much about who's the better player because that is obviously Favors. It's more about health and whether he will add to the team enough to justify his contract. We continue to be schooled by Athletic stretch 4s. Bolomboy looks like he can guard that player type. It's a spot we need to shore up before the playoffs. List of players who have lit us up from that shouldn't have:

Powell - Mavs
Tolliver - Kings
Kaminsky - Hornets (at least that first quarter)
Anderson - Rockets
etc.

That's just a position we can't defend. I would love to give Bolomboy a chance to come into a game where someone is lighting us up at that spot and shut it down. Favor's isn't a natural to do it, but he tends to curb those types when he is on the court. More than Gobert at least. But Bolomboy may just earn his role if he can be 'that guy'.

Also, Dante may benefit from more time in the DL. Last game he showed a pulse and some passion. But it may have been frustration more than passion because he hasn't been playing his game. Swap Bolomboy and Dante in the Deeeeeleeeee?

He might look ready for 76ers or Suns but not the Jazz. He needs some more time. Consider after the AS break.

I post, therefore I am.