What's new

John Collins = Marvin Williams

He’s not as bad as +\- suggests, but he has indeed been awful on defense and significantly worse than he ever was in ATL. It didn’t matter if he was playing with or without Kessler, he’s gotten rinsed this year.

Like I get it….he can’t possibly be responsible for us being 13 points worse on defense with him. But you can be a lot better than that while still being very bad. I thought that in his later years in ATL his defense picked up while his offensive role diminished. He was a decent man to man matchup against a variety of players and that combined with his rebounding made him a neutral-ish defender. The numbers seem to reflect this as well.

I don’t think he’s been worst player/defender in the league bad, but still very disappointing in that regard. On the bright side, I do think his finishing around the basket is on the right track. The new rotation+improved guard play is working like a charm.

I don't want him to force things, but you just have to take every single wide open 3 in modern NBA basketball if you're hitting over 42%. To do anything else is a gift to the other team.

I know Olynyk has a strong passing mindset and he loves to dribble into the middle to look for lob and bounce pass opportunities... but he needs to be almost flawless at facilitating dunks and layups, otherwise the tradeoff isn't worth it.
It's because he's not that good at shooting. He has to catch it in a very specific way to feel comfortable letting it go

It's because he's not that good at shooting. He has to catch it in a very specific way to feel comfortable letting it go
Lets go ahead and throw this one in the Cy says crazy **** file for later. Its already false but lets just bookmark it.

I mean, he is good, but he's not 40%+ good. If he shot with the same volume as Collins, he'd be at 35ish percent.
Sir... his career volume exceeds John Collins this year... his average volume is higher than John's... and this is John's highest volume year. This includes his early years in which he was 35%... he was 39.4% last year for us on almost the same volume as John this year.

Take the L or dig in further... I'm good either way.

Last edited:
Sir... his career volume exceeds John Collins this year... his average volume is higher than John's... and this is John's highest volume year. This includes his early years in which he was 35%... he was 39.4% last year for us on almost the same volume.

Take the L or dig in further... I'm good either way.
Guys get worse sometimes as they age.... And some get better. Things change.

All I know is the facts of what is happening now. You can continue to argue because I know how much you love doing that. Soon we will get an analogy about your annoying *** kids.

Guys get worse sometimes as they age.... And some get better. Things change.

All I know is the facts of what is happening now. You can continue to argue because I know how much you love doing that. Soon we will get an analogy about your annoying *** kids.
ok bud... I see since you are deadass wrong we have gone to the insults portion of the Cy Cycle.

You must be salty AF after deleting the analogy you had queued up about how your kids.
One time my kids came home and told me 2+2 =5 I showed them how that was wrong but they still thought it was 5. I took away the skinny crayons that day and had them move back to the fat ones cuz they dumb.

John being a better shooter than KO is a dumb hill to die on lol. KO has a very long track record. If his role was to stand in the corner like John instead of being a key imitator out of the high post I’m sure his volume+efficiency would be better. KO didn’t stop shooting 3’s because he got worse, he’s just not playing off the ball or in the corners very much.

If John was shooting 6-7+ per36 we might have a discussion….but John is a player who doesn’t shoot a ton and only takes the highest quality 3’s.

John being a better shooter than KO is a dumb hill to die on lol. KO has a very long track record. If his role was to stand in the corner like John instead of being a key imitator out of the high post I’m sure his volume+efficiency would be better. KO didn’t stop shooting 3’s because he got worse, he’s just not playing off the ball or in the corners very much.

If John was shooting 6-7+ per36 we might have a discussion….but John is a player who doesn’t shoot a ton and only takes the highest quality 3’s.
If KO was an actual 40% shooter putting him in the corner would be a great move.....

If KO was an actual 40% shooter putting him in the corner would be a great move.....
No it wouldn't, it would be wasting him. There's a million meh NBA bench guys who can hit the corner 3... and that's about all they can do.

Kelly has plenty of flaws but he's a guy who can create something out of nothing without forcing up a bad shot. That's why he'll have an NBA job as long as he wants one.

Shooting blanks has been a godsend. I'd hate to be paying child support for your illegitimate children.

You’d be surprised. As virile as I am, I’m too much brains (go figure) by nature and my number isn’t that high. It’s always been insanely tough for me to be attracted to a woman unless I find them incredibly intelligent.

You’d be surprised. As virile as I am, I’m too much brains (go figure) by nature and my number isn’t that high. It’s always been insanely tough for me to be attracted to a woman unless I find them incredibly intelligent.
Brother the joke is that if I was fertile your wife would be pregnant with my children and you'd be raising them under the guise that they are yours