What's new

Jon Stewart returning to host the Daily Show

Mongoose is really weird

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The clip about his dog brought tears

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red
Everyone should watch that last video about immigration from the 4:40 mark until the end.

Just caught up on all these. Great stuff as always.

I think this truth is going to break through the fog...

Republicans WANTED the Southern Border crisis to continue.

Republicans WANTED no solution to reduce illegal immigration.

Republicans WANTED illegal immigration to be a problem so that they could blame the problem on Biden.

I think voters are going to know this before November.

GOP is ****ed!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJUl77rsFEw&pp=ygUWVGhlIGRhaWx5IHNob3cgMy0xMS0yNA%3D%3D
That's some good stuff right there.
MAGA is the opposite of patriotism.

Reactions: Red
@Red you got any updates?

I think this truth is going to break through the fog...

Republicans WANTED the Southern Border crisis to continue.

Republicans WANTED no solution to reduce illegal immigration.

Republicans WANTED illegal immigration to be a problem so that they could blame the problem on Biden.

I think voters are going to know this before November.

GOP is ****ed!
There's no way anyone in power actually wants to stop immigration. Nothing in this country would get built without Latinos, and if it did it would be twice as expensive

There's no way anyone in power actually wants to stop immigration. Nothing in this country would get built without Latinos, and if it did it would be twice as expensive
I agree mostly. I think the current level of immigration is somewhat excessive. I also think it's important to have an organized system that can handle realistic levels of immigration. I think we have intentionally never had sufficient infrastructure to process a reasonable amount of immigration because too many politicians want to signal to their base that they are actually trying to slow down or stop immigration by people their base doesn't like.

The current bipartisan bill would have been an excellent step in the right direction imho. It wouldn't have "fixed" anything, but it would have improved the current situation to some degree, possibly only to a very small degree.

John Stewart nails it once again.
Hard disagree on that one. I like Jon Stewart a lot but his take on this one is spectacularly uninformed. The banks who loaned Trump the money didn't take Trump's word for any valuations. Lenders ALWAYS do their own due diligence, and they did in this instance, and their due diligence was correct, and they made a ton of money because all of the loan was paid back with interest. Second, the loan to Trump didn't starve the entire market of lendable cash to deny other borrowers. Jon Stewart built his whole narrative of there being hidden victims based on these two moronic misconceptions.

The government is misusing the system of justice in a practice being termed as "lawfare" and it is doing real measurable damage in public trust. That is why the appeals court has mysteriously decided to jump in to stay the ruling and reduce the bond requirement after they previously said they would not do either.

Hard disagree on that one. I like Jon Stewart a lot but his take on this one is spectacularly uninformed. The banks who loaned Trump the money didn't take Trump's word for any valuations. Lenders ALWAYS do their own due diligence, and they did in this instance, and their due diligence was correct, and they made a ton of money because all of the loan was paid back with interest. Second, the loan to Trump didn't starve the entire market of lendable cash to deny other borrowers. Jon Stewart built his whole narrative of there being hidden victims based on these two moronic misconceptions.

The government is misusing the system of justice in a practice being termed as "lawfare" and it is doing real measurable damage in public trust. That is why the appeals court has mysteriously decided to jump in to stay the ruling and reduce the bond requirement after they previously said they would not do either.
For once I wish fish would use his own words rather than Hollywood

The banks literally said there was no fraud and that they'd do business with Trump again.

Not one person or bank was defrauded. Not one. The judge literally fabricated his own numbers on what Trump is worth and there's a reason he denied a jury.

In fact, the bankers’ testimony was such a boon to Trump’s defense that his lawyers asked the judge to issue an immediate decision in their favor.

But the trial judge — who has often butted heads with Trump and his legal team, and who already found Trump’s business liable for fraud — did not appear convinced.

Last edited: