What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
I would call it more like 50%, but sure, yeah.

I remember in the 2015-16 season lots of people had Crowder>Hayward. Obviously that seems silly now but he did play all season with fans who wanted him replaced and I bet he'd be motivated to show everyone that he can be as good as Hayward (even if he can't)

Honestly at that price he's a great pickup, put whatever percentage you want on it.

We need to consider the fact that replacing 70% of Haywards production for 1/5 the price would be HUGE. Ainge can't give him up for nothing but all four parties are probably motivated to make a deal. I'm sure Ainge would take less than market value to appease all sides. So if we have to give a protected pick or something I think it's well worth it. Even if we don't like the idea of handing over even more to Boston.

We don't need to even protect the pick. We're most likely making the playoffs, with or without Jae. Probably be pushing for the 4th seed with him. Do a top 3 protection in case we have another injury riddled season and win the lottery.

We don't need to even protect the pick. We're most likely making the playoffs, with or without Jae. Probably be pushing for the 4th seed with him. Do a top 3 protection in case we have another injury riddled season and win the lottery.
I'd lottery protect the **** out of it. We are one Gobert injury away from top 5. The west is incredibly stacked, I'm confident in our team next year. But **** can happen. We are not in a position to give away lottery picks if it comes to that.

I remember in the 2015-16 season lots of people had Crowder>Hayward. Obviously that seems silly now but he did play all season with fans who wanted him replaced and I bet he'd be motivated to show everyone that he can be as good as Hayward (even if he can't)

Honestly at that price he's a great pickup, put whatever percentage you want on it.

Nah, he'd replace more than 50% of Haywood's production.

According to the model at Silver's website, Jae is 6.6 wins above replacement.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/jae-crowder/

Haywood is 7.6

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/gordon-hayward/

Their advanced stats aren't that far apart, and Crowder would have a bigger role here.

I'd lottery protect the **** out of it. We are one Gobert injury away from top 5. The west is incredibly stacked, I'm confident in our team next year. But **** can happen. We are not in a position to give away lottery picks if it comes to that.

I didn't consider a season-ending injury to Gobert. But either way, I don't think getting Crowder is trivial. It would be a major coup for the Jazz.

Dude, seriously? What happens if Gobert goes down? Are you willing to take the risk of handing Danny ****ing Ainge the 8th pick in the draft next year?

Dude, seriously? What happens if Gobert goes down? Are you willing to take the risk of handing Danny ****ing Ainge the 8th pick in the draft next year?

Like I said, I didn't think that through. Offer a lottery protected pick and a second round pick.

He might be traded to us. We should offer a first round pick for him. Maybe a first and a second. He's on an amazing contract. It would seriously soften Heywood's betrayal.

*If* we offer a pick, it better be lottery protected.

Nah, he'd replace more than 50% of Haywood's production.

According to the model at Silver's website, Jae is 6.6 wins above replacement.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/jae-crowder/

Haywood is 7.6

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/gordon-hayward/

Their advanced stats aren't that far apart, and Crowder would have a bigger role here.

Wow, well I guess the advanced stats favor Crower more than I thought. He could probably see 1 or 2 more shots in Utah, but I wouldn't expect his usage to change too much from Boston. He'd still be playing off the ball mostly and be a 3rd option at best.

Crowder and a big *** trade exception for a lottery protected first would be so much better than losing Hayward for nothing.

I know it sucks to give up the pick, but we should bite the bullet on this one.

So I guess we will know pretty soon right, isn't tomorrow at 12 pm Eastern the time when people can actually put pen to paper and make it official?

Crowder and a big *** trade exception for a lottery protected first would be so much better than losing Hayward for nothing.

I know it sucks to give up the pick, but we should bite the bullet on this one.

It would just really blow chunks to get the 8th seed, bounced in 4 games, and get no pick.

Wow, well I guess the advanced stats favor Crower more than I thought. He could probably see 1 or 2 more shots in Utah, but I wouldn't expect his usage to change too much from Boston. He'd still be playing off the ball mostly and be a 3rd option at best.

I don't know if he'd be a 3rd option AT BEST. Gobert is a very low usage player. Hood is too low efficiency to be a first option. I don't think the Jazz is a team of options. They don't have any go to guys that they can give the ball to and rely on to score. Crowder would be part of the mix of situational options.

The Jazz cannot afford to sacrifice 1st rounders now. They can have second-rounders for their very good player that they don't need, is probably ****ing furious, and whose salary in necessary to shed in order to sign the best free agent on the market. Pretty good trade for them, I think.

It would just really blow chunks to get the 8th seed, bounced in 4 games, and get no pick.

I think Jazz is likely second, maybe 3rd, best team in the West with Hayward and everyone healthy. I highly doubt we're as bad as 8th with Crowder in place of Hayward.