What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
It seems like the Spurs have cap-room to take Crowder, but I dont see how they do it without sending salary back.

It seems like the Mavericks also have a lot of cap-room and also have enough non-guaranteed's to send back to Boston.
http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/teams/dallas-mavericks

Does Dallas want to do any deal with them though? They probably won't be making the playoffs anytime soon with a rookie PG, so I would assume their lottery protected pick would be less valuable than ours.

I think the biggest problem is that it would be more beneficial to him to offload Bradley, right? Probably even Smart. Crowder has the most value of the three due to his contract, so he might just stash him for a later time.

Yeah, but if they literally cant find anyone to dump these guys off to without unloading more assets (like paying people to take these guys) are they better off just giving Utah what they want?

That's probably way too complicated for me to figure out every angle for each player, and it probably isnt the case, but could the other 29 owners be that petty towards Ainge?

Also, does Ainge have any reservations about trading Crowder, or any of these guys, to an Eastern Conference team?

Yeah, but if they literally cant find anyone to dump these guys off to without unloading more assets (like paying people to take these guys) are they better off just giving Utah what they want?

That's probably way too complicated for me to figure out every angle for each player, and it probably isnt the case, but could the other 29 owners be that petty towards Ainge?

I don't know. But if we offer a protected 1st round, and Hayward gives Ainge a call encouraging him to get it done, I bet we can get Crowder.

But, I'm talking out of my ***. I guess we'll find out soon.

I don't know. But if we offer a protected 1st round, and Hayward gives Ainge a call encouraging him to get it done, I bet we can get Crowder.

But, I'm talking out of my ***. I guess we'll find out soon.

Man, yesterday I was telling people not to get their hopes up and this was all BS but now I got my hopes up.

The Jazz cannot afford to sacrifice 1st rounders now. They can have second-rounders for their very good player that they don't need, is probably ****ing furious, and whose salary in necessary to shed in order to sign the best free agent on the market. Pretty good trade for them, I think.

I would do it with lottery protection. Utah is going to be better than a lot of people think, but if something happens like injuries, whatever, we still keep out pick and that contract could be flipped for another pick if we wanted.

I wouldn't do it without good protection, though.

The last rebuild just taught me rebuilds ****ing suck. I just want to build around Gobert and have fun.

Amen! I'm glad you see it this way.

**** tanking! It takes too long and guarantees so little! **** it! Build the best possible team around the best ****ing center in the NBA, and see how far you can go.

Also, another side note, I think Avery Bradley is far and away the better player and if Boston is really interested in beating Cleveland next year they would want to keep him over Crowder.

Also, another side note, I think Avery Bradley is far and away the better player and if Boston is really interested in beating Cleveland next year they would want to keep him over Crowder.

It`s sad when you think back a couple of year and to the consensus of that time being that our AB was a superior player to the Celtics` AB.

51q17DNwEGL._SX355_.jpg

dude's a tank, i don't mind giving assets to get him.

BTW, what was one of Heywoods best traits? his passing/playmaking. we needed this because we didn't have a real point guard. well guess what, we do now. it might seem weird, but with Rubio, Heywood might not have been as good of a fit as he was before. better to have a player that can rely on Rubio's playmaking by literally bashing his way to the rim. like this guy.

They have a logjam at SF with 2 sf's drafted, Crowder, and Hayward. They're not gonna trade the guys they just drafted or the FA they just got.

Plus, I envision Crowder being very pissed right now after the whole mid-season Boston fans for Benedict lovefest.

They may surprisingly move him to keep a healthy locker room. Doubt it. But maybe.