What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
I don't know if he'd be a 3rd option AT BEST. Gobert is a very low usage player. Hood is too low efficiency to be a first option. I don't think the Jazz is a team of options. They don't have any go to guys that they can give the ball to and rely on to score. Crowder would be part of the mix of situational options.

I guess I should rephrase: I dont see him being anything higher than the 3rd leading scorer on this team.

It would just really blow chunks to get the 8th seed, bounced in 4 games, and get no pick.

I don't think that's fair to say. What if Rudy goes down for half the season and Mitchell shows superstar potential? Getting bounced in the first round and not having a pick wouldn't hurt THAT bad.

The Jazz cannot afford to sacrifice 1st rounders now. They can have second-rounders for their very good player that they don't need, is probably ****ing furious, and whose salary in necessary to shed in order to sign the best free agent on the market. Pretty good trade for them, I think.

Really? So your plan is to build around of our core with mid 1st rounders? If we really think that Rubio, Gobert, Exum and Hood are good enough to build a team around, we need to get them some complimentary players, not fill up with mid first rounders who MAY turn out ok in 4-5 years.

I think Jazz is likely second, maybe 3rd, best team in the West with Hayward and everyone healthy. I highly doubt we're as bad as 8th with Crowder in place of Hayward.

It's just such a wild change to go from Hayward/Hill to Rubio/Crowder. The Jazz are going to have to have a pretty significant change of style and I would guess there is an adjustment period.

I guess I should rephrase: I dont see him being anything higher than the 3rd leading scorer on this team.

I can live with that, given everything else he gives. What's the average expectation for a mid 1st round pick? A rotational player?

Get 'er done DL.

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

Hood and Crowder would be our top two scorers.

Hood takes the shots that Hayward was getting and Crowder takes over the shots Hood was getting.

Crowder is a lot better than people are giving him credit for. He averaged 14.2 PPG on 11 shots two years ago and averaged 13.9 PPG on 10 shots this year.

I could easily see Hood averaging 20 PPG and Crowder averaging 16 PPG.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Really? So your plan is to build around of our core with mid 1st rounders? If we really think that Rubio, Gobert, Exum and Hood are good enough to build a team around, we need to get them some complimentary players, not fill up with mid first rounders who MAY turn out ok in 4-5 years.

And your answer is building the team around Jae Crowder? The Jazz got dealt a crushing blow like we've never seen before and it's clear the only path to a championship is hitting on and developing picks like crazy. Stingy white Republicans won't even stay here when it's good, what makes you think Crowder is?

I love Jae Crowder, but if we're remembering what Dennis Lindsey does with late 1sts (Rudy Gobert, Rodney Hood, Donovan Mitchell), yeah, you bet your *** I'm fighting to keep those and the 7+ years the Jazz get the option of keeping them around.

And for the record, my plan is to mothball Gobert and have a firesale/"youth-movement"/tank. The Jazz are stuck in a damn stupid spot and won't push the reset button now. So this is all grabbing around in the dark looking for a *** to squeeze.

And your answer is building the team around Jae Crowder? The Jazz got dealt a crushing blow like we've never seen before and it's clear the only path to a championship is hitting on and developing picks like crazy. Stingy white Republicans won't even stay here when it's good, what makes you think Crowder is?

I love Jae Crowder, but if we're remembering what Dennis Lindsey does with late 1sts (Rudy Gobert, Rodney Hood, Donovan Mitchell), yeah, you bet your *** I'm fighting to keep those and the 7+ years the Jazz get the option of keeping them around.

And for the record, my plan is to mothball Gobert and have a firesale/"youth-movement"/tank. The Jazz are stuck in a damn stupid spot and won't push the reset button now. So this is all grabbing around in the dark looking for a *** to squeeze.

Cmon man, no one is saying build around Jae Crowder. You are building around Gobert/Rubio. Crowder is a good fit. If all you have to trade is a lottery protected pick, then you do it. If Crowder only had 2 years left on his deal, I get the hesitation, but he has 3. Hell you might be able to flip him for a better pick next year if the right situation comes along.

And look, I like the idea of the mothball, but it just isnt realistic (but we can hope).

Gobert is going to average more than 14 ppg next year (I expect 16 at least).

If Crowder comes to this team I think his ceiling is probably 15 ppg.

Gobert....

Gobert is going to average more than 14 ppg next year (I expect 16 at least).

If Crowder comes to this team I think his ceiling is probably 15 ppg.

I didn't think about that. Damn.. If we trade for Crowder we could have a pretty balanced scoring team that plays the best D in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The good thing going for the Jazz is most of the teams with cap-space are bad teams who might not be interested in Crowder for any of their draft picks.

Ainge might be shopping Crowder right now, but all he can get is a lottery protected pick from teams that project to be in the lottery for a long *** time (for instance the Kings have a lot of cap-room, as well as the Bulls).

Those teams also dont have much of a reason to want Crowder either because they are in for a long rebuild.

So I guess it's possible Utah comes out on top simply because they are willing to give up a lottery protected pick, and Ainge feels like Utah has a reasonable chance to convey that pick with something in the 15-20 range, which would be a solid asset for him?

The good thing going for the Jazz is most of the teams with cap-space are bad teams who might not be interested in Crowder for any of their draft picks.

Ainge might be shopping Crowder right now, but all he can get is a lottery protected pick from teams that project to be in the lottery for a long *** time (for instance the Kings have a lot of cap-room, as well as the Bulls).

Those teams also dont have much of a reason to want Crowder either because they are in for a long rebuild.

So I guess it's possible Utah comes out on top simply because they are willing to give up a lottery protected pick, and Ainge feels like Utah has a reasonable chance to convey that pick with something in the 15-20 range, which would be a solid asset for him?

I think the biggest problem is that it would be more beneficial to him to offload Bradley, right? Probably even Smart. Crowder has the most value of the three due to his contract, so he might just stash him for a later time.