What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
We are doing him a favor. He has to get rid of salary to be able to sign Hayward, whether it's Crowder, Smart, or Bradley. I think maybe two of the three; he already renounced Olynyk.

No`, you don't get it at all. Crowder is good value on a really good contract. Right now Ainge is trying to dump some of his trash so he can keep someone like Crowder. If he decides to move Crowder, he can do so and get something good in return.

I don't think you have a very good grasp on which contracts have value and which don't. Utah taking Crowder for free in a Haywood S&t is most certainly NOT doing them a favor, it is Utah getting lucky as hell compared to losing Hey-turd for nothing. We aren't likely to get Crowder without giving another asset besides Haywood.

S&T? Maybe it happens, but I doubt it.

Lindsey has repeatedly expressed the sentiment that trades ought to be fair, or that both sides ought to get something they value. A win-win.

Danny Ainge, and seemingly most Boston fans, view the business of basketball as a competition just like the games. They are not satisfied with a win-win, they want to beat you. And Danny Ainge manages his business like he played the game: feisty, dirty and willing to take a cheap shot.

The Celtics have to trade a contract without taking back salary in order to sign Hayward. Very few teams right now have the cap room to take on Crowder, Bradley or Smart. And the few who do probably would'nt be dying to give the Celtics picks back in return because the teams with space will be lottery teams. It benefits Boston to deal with Utah directly.

No`, you don't get it at all. Crowder is good value on a really good contract. Right now Ainge is trying to dump some of his trash so he can keep someone like Crowder. If he decides to move Crowder, he can do so and get something good in return.

I don't think you have a very good grasp on which contracts have value and which don't. Utah taking Crowder for free in a Haywood S&t is most certainly NOT doing them a favor, it is Utah getting lucky as hell compared to losing Hey-turd for nothing. We aren't likely to get Crowder without giving another asset besides Haywood.
It sounds like Crowder wants to be traded. So they probably don't keep him. Yes they can get something in return but they can't take salary back. So it has to be a team that can absorb him or with the Jazz in a sign and trade. All they are after is some picks because they can't take back a player. What type of pick is he worth? Rebuilding teams with cap space room to absorb him are not giving up much for him since they are tanking. It's a unique situation that the Jazz can capitalize on.

I think Mitchell is going to be better than Hayward. He certainly is far better now than Hay was as a rookie.

What a bunch of ****. Hayward was one of the worst rookies I've ever seen for his first two or three months.

I have high hopes for Mitchell, but using this as a barometer is a ****ing joke.

The Celtics have to trade a contract without taking back salary in order to sign Hayward. Very few teams right now have the cap room to take on Crowder, Bradley or Smart. And the few who do probably would'nt be dying to give the Celtics picks back in return because the teams with space will be lottery teams. It benefits Boston to deal with Utah directly.

It's hard to believe there isnt some playoff contender out there sitting on a non-guaranteed contract and a decent draft pick who wouldnt want Crowder.

Here's my point. Ainge has multiple contracts he can move to make space. He only needs to move one. He has guys like Bradly and Smart he could move. He also has some trash, which is what he most likely has been trying to move. Crowder is the most valuable of those contracts. There is no reason for Ainge to give up Crowder for free, unless you really think he's trying to help his brother win an election.

And it very well may be that Crowder wants to be traded, but that still isn't good enough motivation to give him away, when he could almost certainly get a first rounder for him.

Basically, I think Utah would have to give a 1st round pick for crowder, regardless of a S&T. I think people are getting this situation confused with Ainge being desperate for space, when he's likely just trying to dump his trash so he can max value for someone like Crowder.

Here's my point. Ainge has multiple contracts he can move to make space. He only needs to move one. He has guys like Bradly and Smart he could move. He also has some trash, which is what he most likely has been trying to move. Crowder is the most valuable of those contracts. There is no reason for Ainge to give up Crowder for free, unless you really think he's trying to help his brother win an election.

And it very well may be that Crowder wants to be traded, but that still isn't good enough motivation to give him away, when he could almost certainly get a first rounder for him.

Basically, I think Utah would have to give a 1st round pick for crowder, regardless of a S&T. I think people are getting this situation confused with Ainge being desperate for space, when he's likely just trying to dump his trash so he can max value for someone like Crowder.
They have plans for Taytum too though. Crowder has no place on their team anymore. Most valuable asset, but least valuable to the squad. Plus, he wants out.

It sounds like Crowder wants to be traded. So they probably don't keep him. Yes they can get something in return but they can't take salary back. So it has to be a team that can absorb him or with the Jazz in a sign and trade. All they are after is some picks because they can't take back a player. What type of pick is he worth? Rebuilding teams with cap space room to absorb him are not giving up much for him since they are tanking. It's a unique situation that the Jazz can capitalize on.

Well, that was pretty much my point. People think he's going to be traded for Haywood, when he would likely cost us a first rounder. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Ainge intends on keeping him. He has lots of other options here.

His son. Not his brother. His son is in his 30s and this could be his big break as it's his first dip into politics. Don't want to **** that up because of some PR nightmare.

I wonder if Tatum was pissed about the Haywood acquisition?

Dude looks legit, will be tough to get minutes over the next 4 years.

He's not stealing minutes from Stevens butt buddy.

His son. Not his brother. His son is in his 30s and this could be his big break as it's his first dip into politics. Don't want to **** that up because of some PR nightmare.

It could be his ****ing grandpa for all I care. I'd love to get on board with thinking DA is going to give us something good, just cuz.

I mean, he is the Ebenezer Scrooge of GMs, but I'm sure this will be the exception.