What's new

Game Thread Jul 03, 2023 07:00pm: Thunder Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-03-23

He's just has super instincts and he has great coordination even if the movements seem kind of clunky. He's way tougher than he should be for a guy who lacks mass
I know I’m way on the other side of consensus but we will see. I think he’s going to get eaten with real NBA dudes.

There are like 10 lowlights against Micah Potter and Carey. Neither of those dudes will ever play a meaningful NBA minute in their lives.

I thought Ochai played decently and then took a look at the box and he led the team in red ink. KG looked like a first round pick in the 2nd half. As bad as Luka played the Jazz were only -1 with him on the floor. Vernon Carey ought to be cut tonight. Potter got off to a rugged start but did some nice things. The Depaul center, the Marshall guard and Colbey Ross had some nice moments and Hauser was our leading rebounder. The Jazz only played 9 guys so we can look at the other no name guys next game. The Jazz at least didn't quit.

I thought Ochai played decently and then took a look at the box and he led the team in red ink. KG looked like a first round pick in the 2nd half. As bad as Luka played the Jazz were only -1 with him on the floor.
Individual +/- is a pretty bad stat even in large sample sizes.

In a one game sample size you can just ignore it.

Ochai looked fit as Hell. If he could just be at a prime Royce level this year that would be huge!

Ross and Carey are competing for most annoying summer league player… it’s a close race right now.

George had some good moments. Got very comfortable second half which is nice… I see it. The defense is really rough though. Few times he ended up one on one and got smoked. Lots of ball watching… it’s to be expected but I’ll be watching closely on that end. He made some plays defensively which is good but he has a lot of cleaning up to do. He looks like he’s in great shape… he’s moving well. He made some good reads on passes. Clean up the defense so he can play.

Ochai looked good mostly. Like he does the things I want him to do well. We don’t need to force the on ball stuff… that’s the stuff that is just bad or meh. He still doesn’t get into guys defensively… he makes great plays at the rim in help though… so there’s that. The stuff off of screens is awesome. I just think that’s kinda who he is. Lean into the good stuff.

Potter/Luka/Carey can all get cut… we need to churn out two way guys. Kinsey is interesting kinda. One thing that bugs me… Samanic watches the ball as he shoots. I would think a coach would get that out of him at some point.

Holly with the cringy dish to the other Jaylin Williams in the post game interview… woof.

Wanna bet?
Dude Chet’s awesome… he made several weakside defensive reads and just swallowed drives up. I would be very concerned as an OKC fan at how many times he hits the floor… that’s not a recipe for longevity for the kid. He will be great if healthy. He will do better with actual good players that set him up for some shots on the perimeter.

Dude Chet’s awesome… he made several weakside defensive reads and just swallowed drives up. I would be very concerned as an OKC fan at how many times he hits the floor… that’s not a recipe for longevity for the kid. He will be great if healthy. He will do better with actual good players that set him up for some shots on the perimeter.
You quoted my post where I said I don’t think he wins ROY. You think he does over Wemby or Scoot? Brodie.

Ross and Carey are competing for most annoying summer league player… it’s a close race right now.

George had some good moments. Got very comfortable second half which is nice… I see it. The defense is really rough though. Few times he ended up one on one and got smoked. Lots of ball watching… it’s to be expected but I’ll be watching closely on that end. He made some plays defensively which is good but he has a lot of cleaning up to do. He looks like he’s in great shape… he’s moving well. He made some good reads on passes. Clean up the defense so he can play.

Ochai looked good mostly. Like he does the things I want him to do well. We don’t need to force the on ball stuff… that’s the stuff that is just bad or meh. He still doesn’t get into guys defensively… he makes great plays at the rim in help though… so there’s that. The stuff off of screens is awesome. I just think that’s kinda who he is. Lean into the good stuff.

Potter/Luka/Carey can all get cut… we need to churn out two way guys. Kinsey is interesting kinda. One thing that bugs me… Samanic watches the ball as he shoots. I would think a coach would get that out of him at some point.

Holly with the cringy dish to the other Jaylin Williams in the post game interview… woof.

I thought Keyonte was better defensively than you’re giving him credit for.

You quoted my post where I said I don’t think he wins ROY. You think he does over Wemby or Scoot? Brodie.
Nah… was just jumping on your general Chet doubting. I’d put money on Scoot or Wemby… Wemby I’m not sure plays 65 games but maybe.

I thought Keyonte was better defensively than you’re giving him credit for.
IDK man… there was like damn near 10 plays where he did stuff I could see him getting benched by Hardy. It’s not like unexpected but he’s got a ways to go on that end. If he doesn’t clean it up then I doubt he plays a ton of minutes. It’s his very first summer league game so I expect it to improve substantially… if it becomes a trend I don’t think he will be a for sure rotation player this year.