What's new

Game Thread Jul 03, 2023 07:00pm: Thunder Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-03-23

I agree Luka and Potter sucked last night. The Jazz last win was against the world champs and Luka had 23 points 8 boards, Potter a double double and Ochai had 28 points. Maybe give them the rest of summer league to right themselves.
Samanic has to prove himself in the next two weeks, or the Jazz should cut him loose. His first salary guarantee (of 400k) comes due 7/18. If they’re going to replace him on the final 15 roster, they should do it before then. For everyone’s sake.

If Keyonte is a PG, his size isn’t too much of a concern to me. He could use to put on some good weight - and I imagine he will - but he’s bigger than a lot of guys currently playing that position in the NBA right now. He honestly looks like a kid. . . he’ll grow into his frame. What I saw out of him was very encouraging. I think DA got a keeper at #16 in the draft, with the offensive potential to be very, very special.

Samanic has to prove himself in the next two weeks, or the Jazz should cut him loose. His first salary guarantee (of 400k) comes due 7/18. If they’re going to replace him on the final 15 roster, they should do it before then. For everyone’s sake.
I'm a little concerned that one of the Jazz beat writers said he was absolutely gassed after playing 22 minutes. What did he do during his time off head to the bar and smoke cigarettes with no exercise? I think both he and Carey know they have to play much, much better to be kept around.

I'm a little concerned that one of the Jazz beat writers said he was absolutely gassed after playing 22 minutes. What did he do during his time off head to the bar and smoke cigarettes with no exercise? I think both he and Carey know they have to play much, much better to be kept around.
To be fair, that is how most players from the Balkan spend their time off.

Does Chet reminds you of smaller wemby? Although 7’ isn’t really small but both can dribble and drive, shoot and spin. It looks like Chet isn’t conditioned yet he looked gassed after 5 minutes.

Would be cool if we knew what Keynote’s standing reach or wingspan are. Can’t find them.

Edit: My phone autocorrected to Keynote. Henceforth, Keyonte’s nickname is The Keynote.

Does Chet reminds you of smaller wemby? Although 7’ isn’t really small but both can dribble and drive, shoot and spin. It looks like Chet isn’t conditioned yet he looked gassed after 5 minutes.
To be fair, most the players were like that. Chet was definitely needing some time to get back into game shape though.

6'3.5 in shoes w/ a 6'7 wingspan

Try again. Cason Wallace is 6'2.5" without shoes and when you look at pictures of him standing next to Adam Silver and Keyonte standing next to him you can see a size difference between the 2.

Try again. Cason Wallace is 6'2.5" without shoes and when you look at pictures of him standing next to Adam Silver and Keyonte standing next to him you can see a size difference between the 2.
Because I'm sure both parties were wearing the same shoes and had perfect posture and the pictures were framed exactly the same.