What's new

Game Thread Jul 05, 2022 07:00pm: 76ers Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-05-23

I liked Keyonte as a prospect, but it was a fair criticism to say that he freestyle too much. But it's kinda funny how he's the starter who is freestyling the least. Potter I guess....but Samanic, Carey, and Ochai are all playing a little selfishly.

I liked Keyonte as a prospect, but it was a fair criticism to say that he freestyle too much. But it's kinda funny how he's the starter who is freestyling the least. Potter I guess....but Samanic, Carey, and Ochai are all playing a little selfishly.
Nature of summer league... those guys are all auditioning for jobs (except Ochai). Key has only taken one or two iffy shots.. so that's good. Not sure he sees much of the court if his defense doesn't improve... but I did not expect him to play more than 12 minutes a night as a rookie.

Ochai is shooting 43.8% from 3 through 2 games on 8 attempts per game.

The great thing is when he is playing with the starters he doesn’t need to be a creator and will feast on open threes opportunities.
All the more reason we really need a solid distributor. A healthy Lonzo would do wonders for this squad.

Nature of summer league... those guys are all auditioning for jobs (except Ochai). Key has only taken one or two iffy shots.. so that's good. Not sure he sees much of the court if his defense doesn't improve... but I did not expect him to play more than 12 minutes a night as a rookie.
Ochai is auditioning for positioning. He could be 8th in the rotation (near the edge) or 5th.

All the more reason we really need a solid distributor. A healthy Lonzo would do wonders for this squad.
What about Colbey Ross? Last night he had 13 points and 8 dimes which was the most assists for all players playing in the two games last night. Last season he averaged 17 points 7.5 assists for an Italian pro team. I know he has met with some derision on this board but it seems he is putting up numbers. Our two way guys have looked so good that the Jazz could waive on of them.

What about Colbey Ross? Last night he had 13 points and 8 dimes which was the most assists for all players playing in the two games last night. Last season he averaged 17 points 7.5 assists for an Italian pro team. I know he has met with some derision on this board but it seems he is putting up numbers. Our two way guys have looked so good that the Jazz could waive on of them.
He's way too short for his talent level to get minutes in an NBA rotation. He's a lotta fun though.