What's new

Game Thread Jul 06, 2022 07:00pm: Grizzlies Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-06-23

It was definitely not Keynote’s night tonight…but we saw some of the subtle things I liked about him. He had an awful shooting night, but was able to salvage it with getting to the line. 15 points on 15 scoring ops isn’t ideal, but not terrible. He also had 6 rebounds and had more flashes as a playmaker.

Juzang looked like a ball player tonight finally. One guy I was impressed with tonight was Keyshawn Justice, who ain't making the final roster, who did a lot of the dirty work that doesn't necessarily show up in the box score but was on the floor when the Jazz blew it open. Pop the bubbly the schneid is broken. Off to Vegas.

Ochai is a little soft. He doesn't physically look like it, but he really struggles finishing at the rim. He probably gets another 6 points if he muscled his way in and dunked (or at least gets free-throws).

The first quarter and a half tonight was really unpleasant to watch. There was 0 passing from just about everyone.

Ochai had about 4 plays in a row of turnovers or botched layups but he'll be fine.
George struggled offensively but at least got to the line. A lot of shooters do NOT do this.
I really want to like Luka and Potter. Luka at least passed more than he has the last 2 games but got injured (hope he's okay). Potter is a big body that can shoot but makes stupid passes. I can't see it translating into the NBA
Ross is a no but he tries really hard.
Vern, I don't see it.

I realize Memphis sat their starting 5 but GG had some impressive plays. He doesn't pass but he does have an NBA body and has a nice shot. I hope Brice can make it cause I can see GG lasting a good while in the NBA.

I agree, Ochai is really soft when attacking the basket. It’s disappointing, but at least he was more active on the glass. I thought he was a little soft on defense as well last season. Looks like he will not be expanding his offense anytime soon but I came away more optimistic about his defensive playmaking and rebounding which was non existent in his rookie year.

He’s definitely going to have some Royce/Vando moments where you wonder how tf they missed an easy one.

Where is that coming from?
uhhh.....Everywhere? He's had multiple knee surgeries in high school and got injured in March that had surgery on his knee again. From that information alone, he's had AT LEAST 3 knee surgeries already.

" Sensabaugh, who missed his junior season of high school basketball due to a knee injury that required multiple surgerie"
"March 11

had season-ending surgery after that and has started his four-to-six month recovery. Sensabaugh and Key are first and third on the team"

The dude's knees are shot and he hasn't even played a game of NBA basketball yet.

Lol we passed on GG 3 times

avamanam-bava-bavamaridi.gif

uhhh.....Everywhere? He's had multiple knee surgeries in high school and got injured in March that had surgery on his knee again. From that information alone, he's had AT LEAST 3 knee surgeries already.

" Sensabaugh, who missed his junior season of high school basketball due to a knee injury that required multiple surgerie"
"March 11

had season-ending surgery after that and has started his four-to-six month recovery. Sensabaugh and Key are first and third on the team"

The dude's knees are shot and he hasn't even played a game of NBA basketball yet.

It amazes me how many people think they have better medicals about Sensabaugh than the Jazz organization did before they drafted him.

I had good seats, courtside row 6. A few observations:
** Agbaji was probably tired from playing 3 games in 4 nights. His shots were short and flat. I wouldn't worry about it. Some of his rim finishing in traffic needs to improve though.
** Keyonte didn't exert himself too much, but he wasn't able to get all the way to the rim on his drives due to congestion in the paint. He's going to need to use his floaters or pull from mid-range. He's not a guy who is going to go over or through defenders to score. He looks better right now playing off the ball. He's money from the corners and the right break. I see him developing in a role like Derrick White, but with more scoring punch.
** GG Jackson absolutely has an NBA body. He looks 6'10" in shoes. His shoulders are broad enough that he'll be able to add some upper-body strength. He's able to move laterally well enough to switch defensively. I'd say he's mobile, though not really explosive. The deep shooting should be there for him. He looked better than Samanic, both offensively and defensively. He's got quick hands. If he could learn to pass the ball, he could become a special player, but right now he has tunnel vision. He'll get his share of rebounds.

Last edited:

"March 11

Fire DA and trade Lauri and Kessler for future picks. Fans know better than paid scouts, NBA GMs, coaches, and doctors. In fact, every decision should just be determined by fans polled on social media.

Relax folks relax

"March 11

I’m old enough to remember the wannabe GMs on this board claiming that this Steph curry guy’s ankles were shot shortly after another ankle injury. Whatever happened to that guy? Did he eventually get a job at 7/11 or anything?

How old is Sensabaugh? 19? Yeah, he’s worthless. Fire DA and Sell the franchise.

It just wouldn’t be jazzfanz without several of you already freaking out over the draft.

I’m old enough to remember the wannabe GMs on this board claiming that this Steph curry guy’s ankles were shot shortly after another ankle injury. Whatever happened to that guy? Did he eventually get a job at 7/11 or anything?

How old is Sensabaugh? 19? Yeah, he’s worthless. Fire DA and Sell the franchise.

It just wouldn’t be jazzfanz without several of you already freaking out over the draft.
I'm pretty sure blown knees with surgeries are a lot worse than turned ankles but what do I know.

FYI: Sarah Todd reporting that it’s unlikely Hendricks or Brice plays in Vegas, but both are expected to be 100% for training camp.