What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

Yeah, I think Gobert would be fine with that. It'd be more of a shot at Favors if anything. Pretty sure Gobert is the only player with a positive +/- this series.

We really using +/- as a shot against Donovan lmao? We get swept without him going supernova in Games 1 and 2. Lmao.

We really using +/- as a shot against Donovan lmao? We get swept without him going supernova in Games 1 and 2. Lmao.
I dont know how that is a shot at Donovan. All I'm saying is Rudy is out there doing his job and producing the results to get the team ahead. Nothing Rudy is doing is putting the Jazz in a hole. He's playing his role like he should. I wish he was better at catching/finishing through contact outside of 3 feet, but he isnt and he hasnt ever been, so it would be kind of wild to expect that to happen magically in a playoff series.

Donovan's role/mindset has to change a bit with no Conley and it isn't happening. I respect his commitment to playing his game to his absolute best ability and encourage it when the Jazz are healthy, but if Conley is out he flat out has to be a better playmaker or the Jazz role players arent going to be in position to help him carry that offensive load.

All this does is confirm the thing that I've been bullish on here about since we got Mitchell: The Jazz HAVE to have a steady PG next to Mitchell.

I dont know how that is a shot at Donovan. All I'm saying is Rudy is out there doing his job and producing the results to get the team ahead. Nothing Rudy is doing is putting the Jazz in a hole. He's playing his role like he should.

Donovan's role/mindset has to change a bit with no Conley and it isn't happening. I respect his commitment to playing his game to his absolute best ability and encourage it when the Jazz are healthy, but if Conley is out he flat out has to be a better playmaker or the Jazz role players arent going to be in position to help him carry that offensive load.

All this does is confirm the thing that I've been bullish on here about since we got Mitchell: The Jazz HAVE to have a steady PG next to Mitchell.

I’m not sure what series you’ve been watching but Game 3 and a large part of Game 4 Rudy was nonexistent.

Do you know what the word random means?
Yup. It's you here trying to infer something off one random IG story without knowing anything. You sound like a fifteen year old girl freaking out over something her crush posted to social media. It's embarrassing.

I’m not sure what series you’ve been watching but Game 3 and a large part of Game 4 Rudy was nonexistent.
Yeah Game 3 was rough for everyone, but Game 4 the Jazz only lost by a point in the 30 Rudy minutes.

When the offense doesnt put the defense in a fast-break/semi-fastbreak scramble set, the defense is playing well enough to give Utah a chance. When the offense is making terrible choices then....

Rudy can't be evaluated the same way traditional players can. Rudy is a tool. The Jazz can choose to use it, or they can choose not to. If they are just going to do 1-2 pass possessions and try to force him the ball in difficult positions, it's not going to work. If Donovan can break the paint, kick out to another shooter who either makes an open look, or continues to scramble the defense with another kick/drive/swing then they can start getting back to getting Rudy the easy looks.

It sucks that Donovan is put in this position. I'm not blaming him for the loss in the sense that I think we should be winning. I'm surprised they won the first two with no Conley. Mitchell isn't a PG at all. He's a playmaking 2 with questionable decision making when faced with the opportunity to play hero ball.

Yup. It's you here trying to infer something off one random IG story without knowing anything. You sound like a fifteen year old girl freaking out over something her crush posted to social media. It's embarrassing.
Sure... he "randomly" tweets about having the back of the guys that have his back and "randomly" posts on IG about loyalty and honesty after a second loss in a row... I'm sure it was just one of his homeboys is dating one of his old girls or something... completely random... none of this is connected.

Sure... he "randomly" tweets about having the back of the guys that have his back and "randomly" posts on IG about loyalty and honesty after a second loss in a row... I'm sure it was just one of his homeboys is dating one of his old girls or something... completely random... none of this is connected.
lol bro get a grip. You sound unhinged.

The truth is that I called out fairweather fans like yourself and you're trying to flip it on me.

Like I said, look in the mirror, jazzfanz has the postings, many from you.
Many from me? That’s hilarious. You don’t know what you’re talking about. I posted once saying the series was over. Has nothing to do with being a “fair weather fan.” Saying that a series is over or your team is sucking isn’t being a fair weather fan it’s telling the truth. You don’t like the truth. You’ve made that clear. I’ll praise the team when they play well, but I will certainly say we suck when we suck.

Yeah Game 3 was rough for everyone, but Game 4 the Jazz only lost by a point in the 30 Rudy minutes.

When the offense doesnt put the defense in a fast-break/semi-fastbreak scramble set, the defense is playing well enough to give Utah a chance. When the offense is making terrible choices then....

Rudy can't be evaluated the same way traditional players can. Rudy is a tool. The Jazz can choose to use it, or they can choose not to. If they are just going to do 1-2 pass possessions and try to force him the ball in difficult positions, it's not going to work. If Donovan can break the paint, kick out to another shooter who either makes an open look, or continues to scramble the defense with another kick/drive/swing then they can start getting back to getting Rudy the easy looks.

It sucks that Donovan is put in this position. I'm not blaming him for the loss in the sense that I think we should be winning. I'm surprised they won the first two with no Conley. Mitchell isn't a PG at all. He's a playmaking 2 with questionable decision making when faced with the opportunity to play hero ball.
I think my biggest criticism of Rudy is that he is being guarded by big wings and hasn't dominated the glass... Part of that is on the coaching staff though as they need him to get back so they may not be having him crash the glass hard. Long shots also make long rebounds.

There has to be a bigger defensive penalty for going small like that.

lol bro get a grip. You sound unhinged.
He doesn’t lol. Know why? Because this is what Donovan does and has done and both these passive aggressive messages were posted right after the game last night.

I think my biggest criticism of Rudy is that he is being guarded by big wings and hasn't dominated the glass... Part of that is on the coaching staff though as they need him to get back so they may not be having him crash the glass hard. Long shots also make long rebounds.

There has to be a bigger defensive penalty for going small like that.
Honestly I blame Miye Oni more than anyone lmao. He should have been better this year. He had so much opportunity and he has all the tools.

And like the one thing he is pretty good at, offensive rebounding and making hustle plays, would be really helpful if he wasnt totally useless beyond belief on offense and foul happy on D.

Honestly I blame Miye Oni more than anyone lmao. He should have been better this year. He had so much opportunity and he has all the tools.

And like the one thing he is pretty good at, offensive rebounding and making hustle plays, would be really helpful if he wasnt totally useless beyond belief on offense and foul happy on D.
He's been a big disappointment for sure... but its why if you are DL and the opportunity to nab Torrey Craig comes up for free you do it. We need at least one more proven guy... no matter how high we were on Oni. I don't think any other contender has this many roster spots dedicated to prospects and projects. Niang not being able to play at the highest levels should be somewhat predictable. Having a player or two nursing an injury is predictable. You have to anticipate some of these needs.

Just had shivers thinking of Larry Miller with social media. Tag would've been bad too. Was Bruss a diva? Don't remember that
I remember more his agent. When the Jazz let him walk, the agent I remember said, “at least if he had worked at 7/11 they would’ve given him a sandwich.” As if the millions the Jazz paid him wasn’t enough.

Honestly both Rudy and Donovan and pretty sensitive. If that indeed is what it’s about is a little comment during the postgame, grow up. If Don took it as an individual dig, maybe he knows there’s some truth to it. Donovan will always fall back on pointing at his points, no matter how bad of shots he may take to get there at times. And don’t get me wrong, Don has been amazing this postseason both last night he and JC took a lot of bad shots, and there’s too many times where he’ll stand 5 feet outside the 3 point line, get no ball movement, run the shot lock to 5 and hoist a very tough 3.

Althoufh quite honestly the “honesty” and “loyalty” post doesn’t really make sense as to how it fits in regards to that if that is what he’s upset about. I’ve seen a few little passive aggressive retweets and likes almost taking shots at Rudy from Donovan’s mom on Twitter as well. For instance she liked and retweeted this tweet by Eric back in May, and it’s pretty obvious she was retweeting it as literal, when Eric was being completely sarcastic. For context she doesn’t tweet much at all, so she made it a point to Retweet this.

And yes this could very much be about his girlfriend or something too.

Just had shivers thinking of Larry Miller with social media. Tag would've been bad too. Was Bruss a diva? Don't remember that
I totally forgot about Rick Majerus. In the 1990s, malone, Tag, and Majerus with social media sure would’ve been interesting.

Here we go:

My favorite quote from last summer was when Bryon Russell's agent Dwight Manley said, "If you work at 7-Eleven nine years, you get more than Bryon Russell got (from the Jazz). At least you'd get a sandwich or something."

Honestly both Rudy and Donovan and pretty sensitive. If that indeed is what it’s about is a little comment during the postgame, grow up. If Don took it as an individual dig, maybe he knows there’s some truth to it. Donovan will always fall back on pointing at his points, no matter how bad of shots he may take to get there at times. And don’t get me wrong, Don has been amazing this postseason both last night he and JC took a lot of bad shots, and there’s too many times where he’ll stand 5 feet outside the 3 point line, get no ball movement, run the shot lock to 5 and hoist a very tough 3.

Althoufh quite honestly the “honesty” and “loyalty” post doesn’t really make sense as to how it fits in regards to that if that is what he’s upset about. I’ve seen a few little passive aggressive retweets and likes almost taking shots at Rudy from Donovan’s mom on Twitter as well. For instance she liked and retweeted this tweet by Eric back in May, and it’s pretty obvious she was retweeting it as literal, when Eric was being completely sarcastic. For context she doesn’t tweet much at all, so she made it a point to Retweet this.

And yes this could very much be about his girlfriend or something too.

Wasn’t Conley and Bogey supposed to be secondary scorers?

He doesn’t lol. Know why? Because this is what Donovan does and has done and both these passive aggressive messages were posted right after the game last night.
lmao your supporting his take only validates my original post. Thanks, bro.

Ok, Mitchell still has to be better as a playmaker and tempo controller. I know he's playing great doing what he does (score) but the Jazz need more of a complete game from him with no Conley. This isnt the time to get in the feelings over stuff like this.
I agree he has to facilitate more, but he still should have had 10+ assists last night. We missed 3 or 4 wide open shots from Don passes in the 1st quarter alone.

Rudy shouldn't have said what he said. He's pretty much saying "run it through me and defense will be easier". He's right but our poor defense has been just as much an issue for his inability to rebound and cover the perimeter as it has been for not running good offense. He opened up a can of worms he shouldn't have.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I dont know how that is a shot at Donovan. All I'm saying is Rudy is out there doing his job and producing the results to get the team ahead. Nothing Rudy is doing is putting the Jazz in a hole. He's playing his role like he should. I wish he was better at catching/finishing through contact outside of 3 feet, but he isnt and he hasnt ever been, so it would be kind of wild to expect that to happen magically in a playoff series.

Having 3 rebounds in the 3rd quarter is not doing his job.

I'll fight on behalf of Rudy, but not for yesterday. He was pathetic.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app