What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

Hell I wish nobody wanted to come to Utah. Cost of living is getting absurd.
This. So much this. We just refinanced after living one year in our new place in utah. It appraised for over $100k more than it did the previous year. The basement remains unfinished and the landscaping at the time wasn’t complete. I guess we did put up a vinyl fence from Vinyl Industries. Maybe that increased the value of the property by $100k?! Lol

My brother was looking for a place. You can’t find anything between north salt lake and Payson for under $500k. Even Eagle Mtn is pricey. Places that were going for $350k-$450k last year are going for $500k-$600k and often these cali transplants are offering cash.

Last edited:
This. So much this. We just refinanced after living one year in our new place in utah. It appraised for over $100k more than it did the previous year. The basement remains unfinished and the landscaping at the time wasn’t complete. I guess we did put up a vinyl fence from Vinyl Industries.

My brother was looking for a place. You can’t find anything between north salt lake and Payson for under $500k. Even Eagle Mtn is pricey. Places that were going for $350k-$450k last year are going for $500k-$600k and often these cali transplants are offering cash.
Yup. I live in a twin home and the guy next to me passed. They just sold the unit next to mine for $60,000 more than what I paid a little over a year ago. Absolutely insane.

This. So much this. We just refinanced after living one year in our new place in utah. It appraised for over $100k more than it did the previous year. The basement remains unfinished and the landscaping at the time wasn’t complete. I guess we did put up a vinyl fence from Vinyl Industries.

Same problem in Idaho. Cash offers galore, and almost no homes on the market. In February, our house appraised when we refinanced for twice what we paid for it in 2015.

This seems harsh, but it really seems for the most part to be the older and/or racist crowd from California moving to Idaho. Is it the same in Utah? I’d be interested in a demographic study of the people currently relocating to the intermountain west.

Same problem in Idaho. Cash offers galore, and almost no homes on the market. In February, our house appraised when we refinanced for twice what we paid for it in 2015.

This seems harsh, but it really seems for the most part to be the older and/or racist crowd from California moving to Idaho. Is it the same in Utah? I’d be interested in a demographic study of the people currently relocating to the intermountain west.
I’d love to know this as well. Speaking from experience, I know of at least 7 cali transplants in my neighborhood, and they’re all retired from California (usually southern Cali).

Yup. I live in a twin home and the guy next to me passed. They just sold the unit next to mine for $60,000 more than what I paid a little over a year ago. Absolutely insane.
Yep. Townhomes that we’re going for the $400s one year ago are now starting out at $530s in Lehi. They’re the exact same townhomes as before! It’s nuts. Just the other day I saw a 5 bed 4 bath home in American fork going for over $900,000! American Fork?!

One of my friends has a wife who works in real estate. In the past, she could tell her clients how much to offer on a home. Now? Her advice is just to offer as much as you can and pray.

Oof. Good thing we’re not talking about thousands of dollars and years of commitment or anything! /s

We are losing this series if Conley isn’t back. Period.

Not sure what we are saving Conley for at this point.

I agree, at this point I hate Conley all over again.
I know it isn’t his fault that he’s injured, but it just proves the point that he’s too old and too expensive. My original thoughts about the trade coming full circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t like to hear the truth. Im sorry you want it to be rainbows and butterflies. Just not the way it is. We got punked.

The truth is that I called out fairweather fans like yourself and you're trying to flip it on me.

Like I said, look in the mirror, jazzfanz has the postings, many from you.

Really good point by Rudy. We took some really stupid shots in the first half.

This is also Rudy saying... “hey ain’t my issue... if they get me the ball a little it helps... I ain’t taking the bad shots”.

And we start the Utah Jazz drama machine again.

Lol, I wonder what ESPN report we’ll wake up tomorrow to. Donovan posting more cryptic things on IG:

View attachment 10792
Is it noteworthy that his IG post he left Rudy out of all the pics? Does it have anything to do with basketball? Who knows, but he’s obviously got something to be passive aggressive about tonight. I’m halfway joking here because I have no clue what he’s referring to. We also should all know at this point that these little passive aggressive, cryptic social media posts are absolutely his thing at this point. Whether about basketball or not, it’s aimed at someone.

It ain’t hard... Rudy and him ain’t good... Rudy says we take bad shots and that is why the defense sucks... Don then says look out for those that look out for you.

We headed for a loss and a divorce.

lmao you guys are going to run yourself crazy if you try to read too much into random IG stories after a loss.

lmao you guys are going to run yourself crazy if you try to read too much into random IG stories after a loss.
Yes clearly multiple “random” IG stories after a tough loss is nothing to worry about... especially since these two are completely simpatico all teh time.

Really good point by Rudy. We took some really stupid shots in the first half.

Lol, I wonder what ESPN report we’ll wake up tomorrow to. Donovan posting more cryptic things on IG:

View attachment 10792
Is it noteworthy that his IG post he left Rudy out of all the pics? Does it have anything to do with basketball? Who knows, but he’s obviously got something to be passive aggressive about tonight. I’m halfway joking here because I have no clue what he’s referring to. We also should all know at this point that these little passive aggressive, cryptic social media posts are absolutely his thing at this point. Whether about basketball or not, it’s aimed at someone.

Read these two things and tell me they aren’t related... I was on to the Don Rudy drama last year before it was a thing... you don’t say things like this in the media whether you are blaming your teammates or not... asked about defense and he says the bad shots are the problem... this is the stuff that wears on people Rudy.

Watch Don and Rudy interact... it’s been a little icy this year still... they went to couples counseling but the marriage is still not going well. DM ain’t blameless obviously but those are things you can’t say...

I think Donovan may be feeling some of the frustrations we have with Rudy. Could be totally off here. If we lose this series it could get ugly in the off-season.

Read these two things and tell me they aren’t related... I was on to the Don Rudy drama last year before it was a thing... you don’t say things like this in the media whether you are blaming your teammates or not... asked about defense and he says the bad shots are the problem... this is the stuff that wears on people Rudy.

Watch Don and Rudy interact... it’s been a little icy this year still... they went to couples counseling but the marriage is still not going well. DM ain’t blameless obviously but those are things you can’t say...
Ehh, Rudy is totally inbounds. It's not just Mitchell. Clarkson was taking fadeaway mid-range pull-ups. If Donovan is taking that quote too personally that's on him.

I think Donovan may be feeling some of the frustrations we have with Rudy. Could be totally off here. If we lose this series it could get ugly in the off-season.
Oh, he totally is. Donovan is the kind of player who thinks he has to do it all himself, and wants to do it all himself, but fully knows that he can always have scapegoats if he plays well enough individually.

Oh, he totally is. Donovan is the kind of player who thinks he has to do it all himself, and wants to do it all himself, but fully knows that he can always have scapegoats if he plays well enough individually.

Yeah, for sure. He’s averaging 37.5 PPG this series and can easily say well I did my part I need help, etc.

Ehh, Rudy is totally inbounds. It's not just Mitchell. Clarkson was taking fadeaway mid-range pull-ups. If Donovan is taking that quote too personally that's on him.

Clarkson’s shot selection has been atrocious lately. A fadeaway mid-range shot for him might be the lowest percentage shot he takes.

It might be true... it might be fair... but it’s throwing a couple teammates under the bus. He didn’t get the ball but they tried a couple times and he wasn’t able to fight off the defenders underneath to get it. You just don’t do it. DM is really up against it here... they are putting Kawhi and PG at the top and attacking him... he’s answering the call while hobbled. Just give a ******** quote about making some adjustments instead of throwing criticisms out there.

Clarkson’s shot selection has been atrocious lately. A fadeaway mid-range shot for him might be the lowest percentage shot he takes.
That’s his shot selection... it’s what he does... the issue is having to rely on it so much right now.

Yeah, for sure. He’s averaging 37.5 PPG this series and can easily say well I did my part I need help, etc.
Oh yeah, the first two games and the 3rd he was incredible

Like I said earlier, I only watched the 1st quarter of Game 4 out of disgust, but the entire team looked like it wasn't trying and Mitchell just seemed like he was going out there and throwing up whatever he could at the rim instead of trying to make plays for other and letting the game come to him. Mitchell knows he's going to be getting a ton of attention. He has to learn to use that attention to get other guys clean looks. He still needs to figure out how to use that gravity to get Gobert clean looks. If Conley can do it, then Mitchell is capable of it to.

It probably isnt true, but sometimes I feel like Mitchell throws Gobert passes he knows Gobert can't handle just to make him look bad.