What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

If I have a choice between LA and utah, I will choose Utah 10/10 times. Orange county and San diego are nice but LA county sucks

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app
Can confirm - currently living in LA county and it's a ******** outside of Brentwood, some parts of Santa Monica / Culver City, and the South Bay.

They went out and improved their roster while we ran it back giving Niang and Oni more minutes. I would've been happy dumping conley for Chris Paul and finding a way to get a player like Crowder instead of wasting a 2nd round pick on Matt Thomas.
Look, you’re preaching to the choir, but that wasn’t on the table and that’s not what “dumping” is.

But yes, the Jazz’s moves on the fringes were complete dog ****. They didn’t have much to work with but they found a way to piss away more than I thought was possible.

One thing that annoys me is when Donovan driving into the middle and always gets strip and commits a turnover. Three guys jumps on him immediately and they're already expecting him to do that. Btw did the Jazz buried Favors after Kawhi killed him with that monstrous dunk? Ouch...

One thing that annoys me is when Donovan driving into the middle and always gets strip and commits a turnover. Three guys jumps on him immediately and they're already expecting him to do that. Btw did the Jazz buried Favors after Kawhi killed him with that monstrous dunk? Ouch...

There were a lot of guys open for corner 3's on those Donovan drives but he wasn't even looking for them.

Like I said when it matters guys like Niang, and Royce would let you down.

Conley been injured way too much over the past seasons to commit that much money to.

The lack of toughness, height, and athleticism is being exposed now. Quin's rigid rotations arent helping.

Lol, I wonder what ESPN report we’ll wake up tomorrow to. Donovan posting more cryptic things on IG:

A5AE6D98-4089-4C4A-BDCE-F4A619FB4E19.jpeg
Is it noteworthy that his IG post he left Rudy out of all the pics? Does it have anything to do with basketball? Who knows, but he’s obviously got something to be passive aggressive about tonight. I’m halfway joking here because I have no clue what he’s referring to. We also should all know at this point that these little passive aggressive, cryptic social media posts are absolutely his thing at this point. Whether about basketball or not, it’s aimed at someone.

Last edited:
There were a lot of guys open for corner 3's on those Donovan drives but he wasn't even looking for them.

DM is young and aggressive he want to prove to everybody that he can take whatever clips give him. Sometimes he get carried away. This why we need Mike, to restore order. He is the true playmaker point guard. When Quin said we played hard but not smart I thought about Mike.

We are going back home we can get this right.

I turned the game off after the first quarter. It's embarrassing when you try and lose a game that hard by not doing simple things like hustling for defensive rebounds that are very gettable if any of your perimeter players are engaged. It didn't even seem like Utah wanted to try.

I still got hope for Game 5, but they looked like a team who had resigned themselves to losing in the first.

They can win these games without Conley, but effort and focus has to be at 100%. Jazz can't dog themselves these huge holes. The Jazz crowd should help with that.

Last edited:
Don was trying to get them the ball. He actually got them the ball a lot early and either they missed or passed the ball right away then the Clippers D caught up.

He goes for the split because it often works and he's the only guy on our team who can consistently take the ball into the paint. I don't know why the pick and roll doesn't work with Rudy and Don. Don't know if it's Rudy or Don.

Rudy's comment somebody posted above is really annoying. It's right but also doesn't excuse how his effort was laughable in the first half. His rebounding was pathetic.

I think we are watching another postseason example of Rudy and Don just not being on the same page. Not really a good fit. Don is an iso player. Rudy is limited but wants the ball. The main thing that annoys me is that Rudy gives less effort when he doesn't get the ball. That's unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Don was trying to get them the ball. He actually got them the ball a lot early and either they missed or passed the ball right away then the Clippers D caught up.

He goes for the split because it often works and he's the only guy on our team who can consistently take the ball into the paint. I don't know why the pick and roll doesn't work with Rudy and Don. Don't know if it's Rudy or Don.

Rudy's comment somebody posted above is really annoying. It's right but also doesn't excuse how his effort was laughable in the first half. His rebounding was pathetic.

I think we are watching another postseason example of Rudy and Don just not being on the same page. Not really a good fit. Don is an iso player. Rudy is limited but wants the ball. The main thing that annoys me is that Rudy gives less effort when he doesn't get the ball. That's unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Meh Rudy is often times the only player in a Jazz uniform that puts fourth any type of defensive effort on a consistent basis. He often is responsible for making up for our terrible and lazy perimeter defense. He also works his *** off getting players shots and layups with his screens then gets completely ignored on the offensive side of the ball. Though admittedly he is terrible with the ball in his hands.

I've sat and watched Rudy make up for lazy defense and bail his guys out more times than I can count. I personally understand if he's frustrated.