What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

I know this may sound blasphemous, but I think we should start utilizing Mitchell as a spot up shooter more and let our offense run through other guys. Mitchell was a game low in the +/- category for most of the game and ended up with the second lowest +/-.

The Clippers have an effective strategy against us when Mitchell is the primary ball handler, and we weren't able to adapt. Snyder should have had a game plan for this, and probably did, and turns out it was a failed experiment so time to try something new.

I don’t think trading Bojan or Ingles is a “huge trade” so much as it is an obvious necessity. We need to upgrade the athleticism at the 3 spot no matter what happens this series. Both of those guys have trade value, and both of them are taking up minutes our hypothetical new 3-man would be taking up. We don’t have the minutes for Ingles, Bojan, and new guy.

Trading Rudy would be a “huge trade.” And it’s a terrible idea.

Why are you guys talking about other players? haha and

Guys, we are now tied up because Conley is out. THAT'S IT. If Conley plays this series we win in 5. I guarantee you. This series is not over. Why are we talking about who we could have gone after? We have 2 of the next 3 games out home where the arena will be rocking it. We came back towards the end and built at least some confidence in this game. Conley could be back by then and our other role players will play much better at home. I still think we will win in 7. Even if Conley can't play until game 7 we can still win this series. They sky isn't falling yet. If they lose game 5 then you can freak out haha.

Man, if anyone is good at qualitative research, it would be fascinating to review the ever changing opinions on Mike Conley on this board. He has been everything from the worst trade in team history, the source of limiting Mitchell’s supposed rise as a point guard, responsible for Joe struggling because he was moved to the bench, overrated, washed-up, overpaid, redundant, and now the missing link to a gentlemen’s sweep of a very good Clippers team.

I’m sure when it is all said and done, Conley will go down somewhere in between all of that. He is a good, but not great, point guard and he would/will absolutely help this team but will not single handedly change the DNA of this club.

Man, if anyone is good at qualitative research, it would be fascinating to review the ever changing opinions on Mike Conley on this board. He has been everything from the worst trade in team history, the source of limiting Mitchell’s supposed rise as a point guard, responsible for Joe struggling because he was moved to the bench, overrated, washed-up, overpaid, redundant, and now the missing link to a gentlemen’s sweep of a very good Clippers team.

I’m sure when it is all said and done, Conley will go down somewhere in between all of that. He is a good, but not great, point guard and he would/will absolutely help this team but will not single handedly change the DNA of this club.
You’re wrong man, he was balling before his injury and getting everyone involved. He also averaged 25 points a game against the clippers this year. Everyone plays better with him on the court especially Rudy and he is also very good against the zone defense not to mention takes a ton of pressure off Donovan.

At least we showed some fight, it would've been really easy to just give up an lose by 30. I'm still confident in us winning the next game at home.
I would like to find a few pearls in this turd. The Jazz outscored the Clips over the last three quarters tonight. If Clarkson had a normal game, maybe the Clips choke a bit. Our bench really stunk tonight. On to SLC.

Clippers weren't trying in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Game was over by the 2 minute mark in the 1st quarter.
Yeah. This is where these stats are pretty meaningless. It's clear the Clippers' lead was never in doubt. Complacency is expected when you're leading the game by 20+ for 90% of it.

I guess it's possible they figured something out but I don't think we can say definitively either way.

Not counting the last couple of minutes when the scrubs were in, the bench gave us 10 points on 4/18 shooting. The bench has been awful this whole series.

Our lack of length and athleticism (something i've been calling for over the past few years) is killing us yet again. Why the **** couldn't our front office construct a roster similar to the Sun's?

We looked slow, unathletic, and disinterested. Did Quinn make a single adjustment? Lue is coaching circles around Snyder... It's 2018/2019 all over again. Just a complete nightmare and another year wasted of Don and Rudy in their primes because our FO thinks that our 2nd best rebounder is a 6'3 undersized SG. Absolute clowns.

We are losing this series if Conley isn’t back. Period.

Not sure what we are saving Conley for at this point.
Saving him for when the Clippers have won 3 games, at which point the Jazz will suddenly activate him and play him 40 minutes a game (where he has a hamstring injury that ends his season definitively).

Our lack of length and athleticism (something i've been calling for over the past few years) is killing us yet again. Why the **** couldn't our front office construct a roster similar to the Sun's?
You mean the roster that sucked *** until they acquired Chris Paul (and Crowder)?

Quins minutes and rotations are garbage. Pulling Rudy during our best run tonight was absolutely ridiculous. I just needed to say this.

You mean the roster that sucked *** until they acquired Chris Paul (and Crowder)?
They went out and improved their roster while we ran it back giving Niang and Oni more minutes. I would've been happy dumping conley for Chris Paul and finding a way to get a player like Crowder instead of wasting a 2nd round pick for Matt Thomas.

The Suns played a Nuggets team without Murray. The Jazz would've swept them just like the Suns did.