What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

If Conley stays, you trade Clarkson. They are redundant especially with Donovan.

Clarkson's value will be at its highest.

This is all if we don't advance. We gotta have defense

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I’m not sure how you allocate wing minutes with Bogey, Ingles, and new elite wing defender. I’m also not super keen on trading one of the two players we have that can create a shot.

We need two good wings that can defend SG, SF and PF. If we can get those two and keep Rudy, I'm for it. I just dont see how we get those guys AND keep Rudy.

Maybe we get one okay minimum contract guy and Clarkson gets traded for another, but still don't think that's enough.

Why didn’t we go after Seth Curry or Austin Rivers last summer?

Why did we trade for Matt Thomas instead of Torrey Craig?

We need two good wings that can defend SG, SF and PF. If we can get those two and keep Rudy, I'm for it. I just dont see how we get those guys AND keep Rudy.

Maybe we get one okay minimum contract guy and Clarkson gets traded for another, but still don't think that's enough.

I love this team and still beliving in them but I think Bojan is a luxury at this point(I assume we still have someone like Mike or Mike himself). Having someone like OG Anunoby would have solved a lot of problems. Defense, Rebounds, switches.

I’m not sure how you allocate wing minutes with Bogey, Ingles, and new elite wing defender. I’m also not super keen on trading one of the two players we have that can create a shot.
We need one for the bench and one to start. Joe needs to come off the bench. Royce maybe too.

Mike
Don
New guy who can defend
Bojan
Rudy
Royce
Ingles
New guy defender
Favors

Right there, we have Royce and Ingles as bench pieces along with new guy and Favors.

Every time I see Matt Thomas’ dumb face I get mad. He sucks and will always suck.
He’s so bad... it’s like he’s the freshmen that had to play varsity. He may be the best shooter in the league but he has to be wide *** open to get it off. And he’s slow and small... he is terrible and we traded a pick for him so his *** will be back next year for sure.

Because we have Jordan Clarkson?
Could… they not play together? And given Conley’s ahhhhh health history, wouldn’t it have been wise to have signed a capable backup on the cheap? It was keeping a roster spot open for Forrest, Brantley, Oni, or thomas really so important?

Anyone have any idea what happened to Kawhi? It was non-contact but didn’t look like it hurt immediately like something tore.

I love this team and still beliving in them but I think Bojan is a luxury at this point(I assume we still have someone like Mike or Mike himself). Having someone like OG Anunoby would have solved a lot of problems. Defense, Rebounds, switches.
Why are you guys talking about other players? haha and
Seth curry was out of our trade price range but the rest are valid.
Guys, we are now tied up because Conley is out. THAT'S IT. If Conley plays this series we win in 5. I guarantee you. This series is not over. Why are we talking about who we could have gone after? We have 2 of the next 3 games out home where the arena will be rocking it. We came back towards the end and built at least some confidence in this game. Conley could be back by then and our other role players will play much better at home. I still think we will win in 7. Even if Conley can't play until game 7 we can still win this series. They sky isn't falling yet. If they lose game 5 then you can freak out haha.

I love how the game is ongoing, headed to a 2-2 series, and all I'm reading about is that we have to make huge trades and we suck.
People were talking about it if we lose the series not because we had a poor 1st half. It was all speculation based on the hypothetical that we don't survive.

I love how the game is ongoing, headed to a 2-2 series, and all I'm reading about is that we have to make huge trades and we suck.

That’s because we were just blown out in back to back games. I have no problem with a 2-2 series. In fact, it’s what I would have predicted the series would be after 4 games prior to the start. I can even overlook getting blown out once. But twice in a row does not bode well.

No idea. I can understand Rivers and Curry since we are already small with JC, Don and MC.

Craig, Morris, other wings who can defend no idea.

Soooo two shooting guards and 1 PG with a history of injury problems? I remember when the Jazz used to carry 3 PGs. Neither was expensive and they would’ve contributed far more to our success than Forrest, Brantley, Oni, or Thomas. Thomas is a real head scratcher, right?

Don’t we already have a pretty decent shooting guard???

That’s because you’re an idiot.

We were just blown out twice. The Clippers have all the momentum. And our backcourt looks beat all to hell.

If things don’t change drastically in game 5, this series will be over in 6