What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

Zero excuse to lose tonight. Finish this Friday so we can start the PHX series ASAP if CP3 is out.

There's been no better time, but it's up to this team to make it happen.
Exactly.

Now, Jalen Rose reported earlier this morning that CP3 WAS vaccinated. So this probably will fall under the league's category of a reduced protocol.

But still, if the Jazz can close this thing out in 6, and force the WCF to start on Sunday, the Jazz likely will face the Suns WITHOUT CP3 on Sunday.

THEY HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE. Force the Suns into a 1-0 hole, and make Game 2 a must win.

The Jazz AREN'T LOSING to a CP3-less Suns team in any scenario.

So if we manage to win the series the media narrative will be "Jazz got lucky cause Kawhi was out for game 5". If Clippers win it rhey will praise them and nobody will care that Conley was out for at least 4 games.
This. But whatever.

Exactly.

Now, Jalen Rose reported earlier this morning that CP3 WAS vaccinated. So this probably will fall under the league's category of a reduced protocol.

But still, if the Jazz can close this thing out in 6, and force the WCF to start on Sunday, the Jazz likely will face the Suns WITHOUT CP3 on Sunday.

THEY HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE. Force the Suns into a 1-0 hole, and make Game 2 a must win.

The Jazz AREN'T LOSING to a CP3-less Suns team in any scenario.

I’m not sure that Jalen Rose knows. I saw him say that but the way this is being reported I don’t think he is vaccinated.

I’m not sure that Jalen Rose knows. I saw him say that but the way this is being reported I don’t think he is vaccinated.
CP3 is head of the Players Association. Jalen Rose is fairly well connected within the NBA.

The way he reported that seemed pretty "definitive" in terms of the way he said it. He wouldn't just throw something like that out on the air.

Now, if CP3 really isn't vaccinated... Welp. Too bad Suns. They will get swept in the WCF.

CP3 is head of the Players Association. Jalen Rose is fairly well connected within the NBA.

The way he reported that seemed pretty "definitive" in terms of the way he said it. He wouldn't just throw something like that out on the air.

Now, if CP3 really isn't vaccinated... Welp. Too bad Suns. They will get swept in the WCF.

I think he tested positive for Covid.

I think he tested positive for Covid.
It depends on if hes vaccinated. If he is, even if he tested positive, the protocols were relaxed "a little" for those who were vaccinated.

The other thing is, no other Suns players have been added to the protocol. I mean CP3 was literally just with his entire team yesterday at practice.

I'd lean towards CP3 missing 1-2 games at the most given what we know at this point.

If we lose tonight, there is 0 chance we win the series. With leonard and cp3 out indefinitely, this is our best chance to make or win the finals

Maybe they dress him, but leave him on the bench of the game goes according to plan, and stick him in if needed.
Uhh, so you are suggest you take a player with a bad hamstring and make him sit on the bench for most of the game then throw him out randomly while he's cold?

So if we manage to win the series the media narrative will be "Jazz got lucky cause Kawhi was out for game 5". If Clippers win it rhey will praise them and nobody will care that Conley was out for at least 4 games.

If we win the chip, I could care less.