What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

This is still no walk-over. Of course, if they can reasonably contain PG13, this should be a win, but there are plenty of good players on that roster.

So does Zubac start now or will they go even smaller by starting someone like Beverly or Mann?
I think they have to start Zubac and hope that Rudy gets in foul trouble. Use the JV approach from Round 1.

Or they could go with Beverley on Don and hope he doesn't get in too much foul trouble.

This all comes down to our team vs PG, Morris and Jackson.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

This is still no walk-over. Of course, if they can reasonably contain PG13, this should be a win, but there are plenty of good players on that roster.
Dude, the Jazz have no excuse not to win tonight and win this series.

They HAVE to finish this in 6. They need to expedite the start of the WCF, because the Suns are an absolute cakewalk without CP3.

Dude, the Jazz have no excuse not to win tonight and win this series.

They HAVE to finish this in 6. They need to expedite the start of the WCF, because the Suns are an absolute cakewalk without CP3.
They should win, for sure, but it'll only happen if we have a good game. It's still a good team we're playing.

Jalen Rose just said CP3 was vaccinated. If he is vaccinated, it probably won't be the full 10-12 days of protocol like it was for Caris Lavert.

I'm guessing CP3 would be out for Game 1 of the WCF if it started on Sunday, but he might play Game 1 if it were to start Tuesday next week, if he is really vaccinated.

I think this means that Conley MUST play.

This game cannot get away from us. This is crazy huge. A loss against a no-Leonard Clippers to essentially end our playoffs would be devastating.

I think this means that Conley MUST play.

This game cannot get away from us. This is crazy huge. A loss against a no-Leonard Clippers to essentially end our playoffs would be devastating.
If Leonard is out for the rest of the series, I don't think a loss tonight would essentially end our playoffs.

Would definitely suck though.

If Leonard is out for the rest of the series, I don't think a loss tonight would essentially end our playoffs.

Would definitely suck though.
He's out tonight. We don't know for sure past tonight. This is a game the Jazz cannot afford to lose. This is insane! The Jazz are not the team that gets a break like this. This is not supposed to happen for the Utah Jazz.

Win tonight! Don't take any chances.

Am I a bad person because I celebrated when he hurt his knee last game and did so again today when I heard the news that he's out tonight?

I don't want him to have a bad knee injury, just want him out for a few games ;)

I would rest Conley again lmao.

Without Leonard the Jazz should be able to grind this game. It's going to be a lot harder for the Clippers to play small consistently without Leonard.

Bogey has to be huge this game. This is his time to shine. I expect at least 20 points.

Am I a bad person because I celebrated when he hurt his knee last game and did so again today when I heard the news that he's out tonight?

I don't want him to have a bad knee injury, just want him out for a few games ;)
I just don't want him to get hurt any worse. So he probably shouldn't risk it for 2-3 games. I'm like a saint, though. A real saint I am.

Without Leonard the Jazz should be able to grind this game. It's going to be a lot harder for the Clippers to play small consistently without Leonard.

Bogey has to be huge this game. This is his time to shine. I expect at least 20 points.
Maybe they dress him, but leave him on the bench of the game goes according to plan, and stick him in if needed.

Can you ****ing imagine the Jazz dropping the game tonight? I don't mean that like "there's no way they lose tonight." I mean that like "how ****ing horrible would it be to watch the Jazz lose tonight?"

The Jazz MUST win tonight!

We can't play games with this opportunity.

Dont want any bad vibes on Mitchell

Can you ****ing imagine the Jazz dropping the game tonight? I don't mean that like "there's no way they lose tonight." I mean that like "how ****ing horrible would it be to watch the Jazz lose tonight?"

The Jazz MUST win tonight!

We can't play games with this opportunity.
This would lead me to shoot the television Elvis style.

Complacency may become an issue. Maybe the clippers get Indiana version Paul George and he drops 50. Obviously, the Clippers can't beat Utah without Leonard in a series, but the immediate 10% less concentration/intensity that follows news like this is concerning. Playing down to conceived competition level has been a problem before for this team.

Conley needs to play. If Harden can hobble around the court for 45 minutes with a worse hamstring injury than Mike's, then he better play tonight. End of story.

My theory is that the medical staff is getting fired for the Mitchell blunder, and if conley were to get injured then this staff wouldn't ever get hired again.