What's new

just got my first warning from hotttspazzz

"The content creators..."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahajahajahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Lol. That's rich. This site would be a lot better off with less of the "content creators".

Great stuff.

I'm pretty sure this thread is harmless, and that you're over-interpreting pretty wildly.

I think your warning is pretty harmless, but obviously you felt the need to complain too.

I referenced a mashedup name as the executor of the warning, not an individual.

The nature of your complaint, and its direction at particular individuals, in the context of many of your other posts in recent days, is unequivocal. You're not fooling anyone.

I also pointed to a weird inconsistency in the redaction of text. I still find it weird.

It isn't strange to accuse any policing body of imperfectly executing its rules. They're all imperfect executors.

I think you (and to a certain extent Gameface) seem to have a misunderstanding of the purpose of moderation. We are not a "policing" body. We are a management body. None of us are particularly interested in scouring every post and editing them to comply strictly with written rules. That's not productive for anybody. We'll pick and choose as we see fit how to handle things as they come up. If you find that intolerable you're free to find another community on which to create your invaluable content.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahajahajahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Lol. That's rich. This site would be a lot better off with less of the "content creators".

Great stuff.

You're sounding like a content leecher bruh.

Great stuff.

teen_at_computer1.jpg

I think your warning is pretty harmless, but obviously you felt the need to complain too.

The nature of your complaint, and its direction at particular individuals, in the context of many of your other posts in recent days, is unequivocal. You're not fooling anyone.

I think you (and to a certain extent Gameface) seem to have a misunderstanding of the purpose of moderation. We are not a "policing" body. We are a management body. None of us are particularly interested in scouring every post and editing them to comply strictly with written rules. That's not productive for anybody. We'll pick and choose as we see fit how to handle things as they come up. If you find that intolerable you're free to find another community on which to create your invaluable content.

Lolo. I'm surprised someone with your training will say out one side of his mouth that my actions are "unequivocal", and then say out the other side that the policing net is so loose that most things slip through. You seem to have a great grasp (at least in your own mind).

The mods (and former mods, apparently) are a pretty self-conscious group right now. That much is obvious from this thread alone. Don't talk about them, guis.

kicky, you've missed the boat on my "uneqivocal" actions. Shucks, brough.

The mods (and former mods, apparently) are a pretty self-conscious group right now.

Is this a surprise?

The moderating staff has taken a beating lately. Someone gets their hackles up over some perceived injustice and it's open season on the mods. So how should we react? I'm interested in your input here.

Is this a surprise?

The moderating staff has taken a beating lately. Someone gets their hackles up over some perceived injustice and it's open season on the mods. So how should we react? I'm interested in your input here.
Fire hoses and attack dogs. That's what I would do.

Is this a surprise?

I suggest (a) you get less self-conscious. And (b) that you also use a brain: if you're going to redact language, then make sure you get your erasure on the child molestation innuendos (i.e. the genuinely offensive stuff).

(c) In a time when you guys are clearly uncomfortable, I'd suggest not throwing any more bombs at posters. For example, kicky tossing out the notion that I haven't had one legitimate claim on something or the other. I'm not really sure what he was pointing to -- just trying to knock me down a few pegs. Or something. I dunno.

GF won this thread.

Also hahahahaha at all NAOS assumptions. Entertaining.

I think Sirkickyass overestimates his contributions to this forum.

I suggest (a) you get less self-conscious.

Well that was super helpful.

And (b) that you also use a brain: if you're going to redact language, then make sure you get your erasure on the child molestation innuendos (i.e. the genuinely offensive stuff).

I see where you're coming from here, but this is a separate issue. Worthy of discussion, for sure, but not directly related to my question.

(c) In a time when you guys are clearly uncomfortable, I'd suggest not throwing any more bombs at posters. For example, kicky tossing out the notion that I haven't had one legitimate claim on something or the other. I'm not really sure what he was pointing to -- just trying to knock me down a few pegs. Or something. I dunno.

That's fair. Is it fair to suggest that respect should be a two way street? I think demanding respect while being unwilling to give it can make any sort of compromise difficult. I am not suggesting that this is on you. IMO, it is a common issue in this community.

One more thing. You are obviously a very intelligent guy. I get that it's your shtick, but do you think other posters (mods included) might be more receptive of your insight if you weren't so impossibly condescending?

With <3, Bronco

Stoked Warned me for this post circa 2013 and I demand an answer:

The matchup:

Vertically Challenged Trey

trey-burke-utah-jazz.jpg

vs

Near Restaurant Maturity Discount Eligible Mr. Miller

nba_g_amiller_sy_576.jpg

The Uniquely Coordinated Kanter

enes-blooper.gif

vs

Vertically Enhanced, Cosmetically Different Fellow

timofey_mozgov.png

The Follicly Challenged

Brian-Shaw.jpg

vs

Everyone's a Winner

tyrone-corbin.jpg

Let's bomb the Nuggets like Nagasaki.

Lolo. I'm surprised someone with your training will say out one side of his mouth that my actions are "unequivocal", and then say out the other side that the policing net is so loose that most things slip through. You seem to have a great grasp (at least in your own mind).

The mods (and former mods, apparently) are a pretty self-conscious group right now. That much is obvious from this thread alone. Don't talk about them, guis.
I won't speak for the rest of them, but I've always been pretty self-conscious.