What's new

just got my first warning from hotttspazzz

Not sure what moe's talking about, it seems pretty clear to me that sirkicky was referring to you individually.

you thought I actually read what kicky wrote? the entire post?

hey, I'm just an old ewe. cut me some slack, please.

No one has a longer leash because of services rendered. I've gotten an infraction as a mod.

If you feel that someone said something that should be looked at by the mods report it.

Continue with your righteous crusade.

do you often confuse the difference between "confusion" and "righteousness"? That'd explain quite a few things.

nothing disgusting about a normal biological thing, y'all.

Terrible post, Dala.

He never said it was disgusting. He said TMI.
Your income isn't a disgusting topic but not something you necessarily talk about.
How your girl performs in bed isn't disgusting (unless you're very fortunate) but it's not something you should share with others.

Cmon dala

Terrible post, Dala.

He never said it was disgusting. He said TMI.
Your income isn't a disgusting topic but not something you necessarily talk about.
How your girl performs in bed isn't disgusting (unless you're very fortunate) but it's not something you should share with others.

Cmon dala

that's a good point-- i'll try to word myself more specifically.

I find that ppl don't like talking about periods because there is some sort of 'gross' aspect to it. It's not like finances, where they aren't talked about for very obviously different reasons. Personally, I find that 'gross' label attached to the female reproductive tract as something that's rather unfair, and likely sexist. It's a thorn that's always in my side. While the existence of PMS as a phenomenon is arguably exaggerated, I don't think we should be grossed out by it.

my mother has had health problems with her reproductive tract for a number of years now, and she felt deathly shy of bringing me in to her appointments with her gynecologist (for translational, and just 'second set of ears' purposes) early on, just because she was ashamed about me talking to her and her doctor about this topic. That always killed me. I persevered, and I still go to these appointments with her-- but I really do think that there's millions of women who neglect their reproductive health just because they're ashamed to talk about it.

There is my context behind my beef.

that's a good point-- i'll try to word myself more specifically.

I find that ppl don't like talking about periods because there is some sort of 'gross' aspect to it. It's not like finances, where they aren't talked about for very obviously different reasons. Personally, I find that 'gross' label attached to the female reproductive tract as something that's rather unfair, and likely sexist. It's a thorn that's always in my side. While the existence of PMS as a phenomenon is arguably exaggerated, I don't think we should be grossed out by it.

Interesting take. I don't think many people see it as gross. More than anything it's just a casual shot at humor regarding the accompanying insanity. <---- see?

The argument should be it's unfair and we should be more sensitive. Not going to work though... I think PMS is fair game even for self-deprecating women.

It's benign.

I find not talking about finances corny. I don't give a **** if someone makes a little or a ton. I also don't care if people know what my wife or I make. Don't see the big deal.

my mother has had health problems with her reproductive tract for a number of years now, and she felt deathly shy of bringing me in to her appointments with her gynecologist (for translational, and just 'second set of ears' purposes) early on, just because she was ashamed about me talking to her and her doctor about this topic. That always killed me. I persevered, and I still go to these appointments with her-- but I really do think that there's millions of women who neglect their reproductive health just because they're ashamed to talk about it.

There's a real possibility this topic is more sensitive for different culture and/or religions. In America, in general, it's no biggie. So yall should move here pronto.

Weird pet name for your arse, but whatevs.

There's a real possibility this topic is more sensitive for different culture and/or religions. In America, in general, it's no biggie. So yall should move here pronto.

from what i've heard, this isn't always the case. but i digress.

You bring the "I've heard not always the case" straw man?? Japan is making you weak. Or is it poor internet service?

nope, I havent.

I was just trying to politely say that I think you're wrong.