What's new

just got my first warning from hotttspazzz

I read a post yesterday by sirkicky where he supported taking a specific dose of an illegal drug, is that okay?

I think everyone knew that was a joke.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be perform to an adequate level after taking that much MDMA?

was it an appropriate joke? That's my question.

No one, including you, reported it. If you want to report it to create a test case, go ahead. If you want me to report myself that's asking a bit much.

I'll be honest, I'm not too worried about it. I'm not even sure what rule it would fall under. It certainly qualifies as very poor drug consumption advice.

Much of your discussion and questions on this topic go to a common theme of human miscommunication: you want us to be something different than we have collectively decided we're going to be over a number of years. There's not much you can say or do that will make us want to do our job differently (especially those of us that are lazy emeritus mods). That doesn't mean that your vision of what it should be is objectively better or worse, it just means it isn't happening and is very unlikely to happen. Accepting this is the first step to moving on.

Question: If a moderator is reported, can the moderator who is reported view the report and/or vote on it?

This is a fair question:

All moderators can see all reported posts. Although not explicitly required, in every instance a moderator has been reported that I can remember that moderator has chosen to abstain from voting. I don't think a mod has ever tried to vote on their own post so we've never even had to have the conversation about if their vote would count. I think that would be obviously poor form.

Sitting moderators have received infractions before (I'm one of them).

Are you in your thirties and living in your parents basement? Are teenage girls constantly rejecting you? Are they unimpressed by your 91 Honda Civic hatchback that has blown speakers and a leaking exhaust manifold? You need MDMA! Girls from the ages of 15 to 15 will think you're the coolest guy since Justin Bieber. Call Today!

No one, including you, reported it. If you want to report it to create a test case, go ahead. If you want me to report myself that's asking a bit much.

I'll be honest, I'm not too worried about it. I'm not even sure what rule it would fall under. It certainly qualifies as very poor drug consumption advice.

Much of your discussion and questions on this topic go to a common theme of human miscommunication: you want us to be something different than we have collectively decided we're going to be over a number of years. There's not much you can say or do that will make us want to do our job differently (especially those of us that are lazy emeritus mods). That doesn't mean that your vision of what it should be is objectively better or worse, it just means it isn't happening and is very unlikely to happen. Accepting this is the first step to moving on.

You've got that special quality in you, man. That quality that urges you to dole out advice without being asked, after poorly judging the motives of the person you're pushing it on.

This is a fair question:

All moderators can see all reported posts. Although not explicitly required, in every instance a moderator has been reported that I can remember that moderator has chosen to abstain from voting. I don't think a mod has ever tried to vote on their own post so we've never even had to have the conversation about if their vote would count. I think that would be obviously poor form.
Sitting moderators have received infractions before (I'm one of them).

I agree.

You've got that special quality in you, man. That quality that urges you to dole out advice without being asked, after poorly judging the motives of the person you're pushing it on.

hahahaha

nancy-regan-mr-t.jpg

Personally, I find that 'gross' label attached to the female reproductive tract as something that's rather unfair, and likely sexist. It's a thorn that's always in my side. While the existence of PMS as a phenomenon is arguably exaggerated, I don't think we should be grossed out by it.

You will read that in twenty years and have a good laugh.

Are you in your thirties and living in your parents basement? Are teenage girls constantly rejecting you? Are they unimpressed by your 91 Honda Civic hatchback that has blown speakers and a leaking exhaust manifold? You need MDMA! Girls from the ages of 15 to 15 will think you're the coolest guy since Justin Bieber. Call Today!
Heyhey is among best posters in this forum and if you disagree you can suck my fracle.

Good news: I don't have one.