What's new

Kanter said what?!?!?!

Carroll was one of my favorites too, and was one of the reasons I hated Corbin because DeMarre would play his guts out while one of the vets was injured and then Corbin would demote him to the bench when Marvin or RJ was ready to play again.

Carroll never played with Richard Jefferson. But don't let anything in the way of real or good information ruin that for you.

I am at the point I think it's perfectly fair to question somebody's fan hood to the Jazz if they are defending this little bitch in any way. Not normally my thing, but just saying in this case it seems appropriate.

I wouldn't question their fandom, but I'm baffled that any Jazz fan would defend him. Just baffled.

I think we should all keep a cool head here : I wouldn't call what he said nor the way he said "great". But let's not act like he doesn't have a point : For the first 3 years of his tenure this team was a mess, the coaching was a mess with Ty, the future was cloudy, really the team looked destined to an eternity of mediocrity.

It just goes to show the importance of "team culture". It is hard to change. Some player can change quicker but for others only the change of scenery can do it. The Gobert/Snyder event has had an overall very positive impact, giving many players suddenly a feeling of where they are headed to, some hope. But for Kanter it came with doubt about his place in the team, some bitterness. In the end as he sort of puts it quite awkwardly : he needed the change of scenery to start afresh, and it worked for the best.

I don't see him as public enemy, I see him more like one of countless players who need a jolt to change and just couldn't do it here in Utah.

Most of your posts are usually spot on, but I think you're way off here. Kanter is already rubbing people the wrong way in OKC. His team is fighting for a playoff spot, and yet he lit a fire under a Utah team without Favors that doesn't really need wins right now. Regardless of what you think about his history in Utah, it's not the first time he's alienated people, and I'm guessing it won't be the last.

Carroll never played with Richard Jefferson. But don't let anything in the way of real or good information ruin that for you.

Ok, that's right, it was Marvin. RJ was only here one year. So, instead of being sarcastic you could simply point it out. In any case, the point was that Corbin played the vets and didn't reward DeMarre for his good play. And I wonder if Corbin hadn't been the coach if the Jazz would've let DMC go ...

I wouldn't question their fandom, but I'm baffled that any Jazz fan would defend him. Just baffled.

I'm defending the fact that he didn't get a fair shot his first three years, that he wasn't handled or used properly. What he said isn't defensible, it's understandable. I'm not the only one who thinks this. That doesn't have anything to do with my support for the Jazz. Kanter isn't the first player they've mishandled or let go and then they got better -- Matthews, DMC, Korver, Millsap, to name the most recent. I think though that the way the Jazz played last night showed that Kanter probably wasn't the most popular guy on the team.

I never realised to what degree insecure and immature Jazz fanbase is. Can't appreciate the irony of the Kanter hate over the same immaturity and insecurity this kid's shown.

C'mon, bring on you neg rep choo choo train, bunch of group thinkers.

I never realised to what degree insecure and immature Jazz fanbase is. Can't appreciate the irony of the Kanter hate over the same immaturity and insecurity this kid's shown.

Regardless it was unprofessional. If you can't even agree with at least that much, well, good luck to you in life.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

LOL ... just because I have compassion and understanding for people you jump on me. Shows you what kind of person you are. It's because of people like you that our culture is going to the pigs.

Don't understand how my response regarding Kanter has anything to do with my support of the Jazz. I don't agree with what he did but I can understand it.

Stop sniffing pantie you nasty! I didn't know this about you. Banter did say somethings nasty about players the city, fans and then said he didn't play hard because he did not like it here. Why aren't you disgusted with him? He said too many things. He could have did it another way.

Last edited:
Regardless it was unprofessional. If you can't even agree with at least that much, well, good luck to you in life.
It was immature, unprofessional and inexcusable. Especially post-game quotes. But I hold Jazz fanbase to a much higher standard and hate to see people radiate barbaric intensity of hatred when they don't feel player's tongue on their arse. I can totally relate to how Jazz players feeling offended by Kanter's words but average hotdog chewing fan feeling betrayed because of the "mountains, maybe", c'mon. Especially keep in mind, as Thriller pointed out already, Kanter's comments for the most part were spot on and what most of us felt.

Having said that, I enjoy seeing live emotions and not plastic heads talking politically correct ******** they had forced upon them by their agents.

Ok, that's right, it was Marvin. RJ was only here one year. So, instead of being sarcastic you could simply point it out. In any case, the point was that Corbin played the vets and didn't reward DeMarre for his good play. And I wonder if Corbin hadn't been the coach if the Jazz would've let DMC go ...

You mean the coach that put Carroll in the rotation and on the map?

Most of your posts are usually spot on, but I think you're way off here. Kanter is already rubbing people the wrong way in OKC. His team is fighting for a playoff spot, and yet he lit a fire under a Utah team without Favors that doesn't really need wins right now. Regardless of what you think about his history in Utah, it's not the first time he's alienated people, and I'm guessing it won't be the last.

Fair enough, I suppose I sort of over reacted in the lukewarm direction : clearly Kanter has acted like an immature self entitled spoiled brat there, but I always find it funny when fans take what players say like a personal betrayal and a major insult against themselves, their friends, family and city.

Bizim memlekette buna yediğin kaba sıçmak derler. If you're Turkish, you would understand that. It means "You don't crap in the bowl you feed on." This was pure unfaithfulness of him and the hate he would receive is natural to this kind of obvious disrespect. I felt very sorry to see a young man that I wanted to become the good player he could be to act in such an unfortunate way.

Just heard the audio, and I think it paints a different picture.

I agree that it doesn't sound like the goofy spoiled Kanter ripping on Jazz, but it's still really disrespectful to say those things the first time you visit your former home arena. These fans and the franchise gave him what he got to upgrade (!) to Thunder job.

Stop sniffing pantie you nasty! I didn't know this about you. Banter did say somethings nasty about players the city, fans and then said he didn't play hard because he did not like it here. Why aren't you disgusted with him? He said too many things. He could have did it another way.

What's this sniffing bit all about -- sometimes I think it's a closet gay reference. If you could go back and read my comments about Kanter, you would see I wasn't a big fan of his. When they asked to rate your favorite players in order, I had him 7th. Also, my comments over the years questioned that he would ever be any good. In fact, he's already better than I expected after seeing him play under Corbin. I stand by what I said. It was poor judgment in saying what he did, but he did get mishandled by Corbin.

You mean the coach that put Carroll in the rotation and on the map?

That wasn't the point I made. Corbin as usual didn't reward a guy for his stellar play and put him on the bench in favor of vets, and then the Jazz end up letting him go. I was one of the few on here who recognized his value from the start and didn't agree with the decision to let him go.

That wasn't the point I made. Corbin as usual didn't reward a guy for his stellar play and put him on the bench in favor of vets, and then the Jazz end up letting him go. I was one of the few on here who recognized his value from the start and didn't agree with the decision to let him go.

Of course that's not the point you made. That's the point I made. Because it exists within the realm of reality which you seem to have an infinitely difficult time processing.

I'm with Numb here. Corbin did reward his play by giving Carroll a shot and making him a key role guy. Should he have done more? Perhaps but Corbin was good for Carroll.