What's new

Kanter said what?!?!?!

So he is an *** for stating what he believes. So are Jazz fans asses for constantly ripping the guy. Kanter has been the Jazz whipping boy for most of his time here. I guess I don't take his comments personally. He is entitled to his opinion so our fans but to whine/ thrash him simply because he didn't like his experience in Utah doesn't make him any more of a jerk than most Jazz fans bashing the organization or him. I just think it is hypocritical when you hold Kanter to a different standard than Jazz fans. So it is ok to for Fans to bash the organization and its players but when a player does it all of a sudden he is a jerk.

I am glad Kanter is gone, I grew tired of fans complaining about his defense. I agree he isn't a very good pick'n roll defender but he wasn't the only bad defender on the team. His comments about the PG is true. His comment about the Jazz fans is ridiculous but not unexpected since he is loving OKC now. I am not even saying Kanter is/was an *** but I just find it comical that fans are bashing him for exactly the same type of behavior they have shown on this forum.

Sometimes what you believe and/or the way you express it makes you an ***.

I think it's pretty well known in pro sports that trash talking your previous team/home city is a bad idea. That's in like "Public Relations 090"

So he is an *** for stating what he believes. So are Jazz fans asses for constantly ripping the guy. Kanter has been the Jazz whipping boy for most of his time here. I guess I don't take his comments personally. He is entitled to his opinion so our fans but to whine/ thrash him simply because he didn't like his experience in Utah doesn't make him any more of a jerk than most Jazz fans bashing the organization or him. I just think it is hypocritical when you hold Kanter to a different standard than Jazz fans. So it is ok to for Fans to bash the organization and its players but when a player does it all of a sudden he is a jerk.

I am glad Kanter is gone, I grew tired of fans complaining about his defense. I agree he isn't a very good pick'n roll defender but he wasn't the only bad defender on the team. His comments about the PG is true. His comment about the Jazz fans is ridiculous but not unexpected since he is loving OKC now. I am not even saying Kanter is/was an *** but I just find it comical that fans are bashing him for exactly the same type of behavior they have shown on this forum.

I had a great run with a former employer (10+ years) until that company was bought out. The new owners were horrible and I knew they wanted me gone as my boss threw me under the bus several times trying to save his own ***. Fortunately, my work was important enough that I was able to negotiate a small severance (3 months) instead of just being let go like several others. Yes, I could have ripped them on the way out by sending around a nasty e-mail or spewing vitriol to everyone within earshot. My closest friends know EXACTLY what went down. But my parting "shot" was a very nice e-mail thanking everyone for their friendship and wishing them well. I avoided wishing the COMPANY well, though. And I fooled the new corporate leadership. One of the guys I clashed with the most (the new CFO) actually said he thought it was a terrific e-mail. I left with class and my head held high.

Kanter could have easily said he loved playing in OKC, the fans, his expanded role, the chance he has to get into the playoffs. He could have also said he had been frustrated with his role in Utah, but thanked the fans and wished his former teammates well. But he didn't. He ripped everyone instead. And that's the problem we all have. I'm going to laugh if he does the same with Brooks and the OKC organization once negotiations begin. I seriously doubt OKC is prepared to offer Enes $16M. They have a hard enough time finding enough shots for Westbrook and Durant. Once KD returns, I think they'll prefer to have the defense of Ibaka and Adams to support their two scorers.

That, and ****ing dogged it the second the Jazz cleared the logjam for him. I'd love to see his comments about his "frustrations" then. Frustrated that he was asked to play defense or give a ****? Or what? He had every chance to succeed here the last two years and all he could do was take offense to the notion of playing winning basketball.

How is that not meaning, that the environment he was in, didn't support him enough? I think you read too much into that. He is not talking about the fans particularly, he is stating that in first time he feels like he belongs to NBA. So, the question is, was this his fault or not?
YES. If he was not giving it his all it's his fault. Bitching publicly about it is his fault. Being a puss that refused to play defense is his fault and demanding a trade is his fault. Pretty much everything he is getting **** for is his fault. I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

dude is sensitive, thin skinned, and immature. plain and simple. he loves okc now because it's the honeymoon. yeay~ clap, clap, clap. everybody loves me~

Kanter is going to learn that words have consequences. The NBA is not the WWE. People take offense in the real world. If your goal is to maximize your next contract you made a huge mistake. The Jazz have friends in other front offices around the NBA who will not forget the crap Kanter spewed all over the Jazz when he left. I think he shot himself in the foot with his comments. He shrunk his own market.

Kanter is going to learn that words have consequences. The NBA is not the WWE. People take offense in the real world. If your goal is to maximize your next contract you made a huge mistake. The Jazz have friends in other front offices around the NBA who will not forget the crap Kanter spewed all over the Jazz when he left. I think he shot himself in the foot with his comments. He shrunk his own market.
This is the kid that faked/milked injuries so that he didn't have to play for Turkey even when he needed playing time the most, after all.

If you are a good locker room guy or a high character guy sometimes the NBA will keep you around even when you've lost a step or two. Kanter will not be one of those guys.

Can't believe I can now hate a player more than some guy named kobe.

I think what Kanter said was honest and from the heart. I can understand his frustration, but he went overboard in his criticism. And you could tell his former teammates took it personally with how they played last night.

The fact is, he wasn't that good in the earlier years. I never was a big supporter of his. But this year, he seemed to have taken a couple steps up offensively. His moves inside now are as good as Big Al's. Quin was trying to have him play stretch 4, which really is not his strength but was needed to complement the skills of Rudy and Favors. I think if he stuck with it, he could've developed into a good 3-point shooter, but obviously his offensive strength is under the basket which fits better with OKC. And his frustrations from his years with Corbin and with Quin asking him to develop a new aspect to his game, it was too much for him to handle.

In retrospect, I think it would've better for Kanter to have gone to Lindsey himself and demanded a trade rather than leave it up to his agent, or worse, demand it publicly as he did. The same result could've happened, only the Jazz probably could've gotten a better return on the trade. It would've been better for his image and relations with the Jazz team and fans.

I think what Kanter said was honest and from the heart. I can understand his frustration, but he went overboard in his criticism. And you could tell his former teammates took it personally with how they played last night.

The fact is, he wasn't that good in the earlier years. I never was a big supporter of his. But this year, he seemed to have taken a couple steps up offensively. His moves inside now are as good as Big Al's. Quin was trying to have him play stretch 4, which really is not his strength but was needed to complement the skills of Rudy and Favors. I think if he stuck with it, he could've developed into a good 3-point shooter, but obviously his offensive strength is under the basket which fits better with OKC. And his frustrations from his years with Corbin and with Quin asking him to develop a new aspect to his game, it was too much for him to handle.

In retrospect, I think it would've better for Kanter to have gone to Lindsey himself and demanded a trade rather than leave it up to his agent, or worse, demand it publicly as he did. The same result could've happened, only the Jazz probably could've gotten a better return on the trade. It would've been better for his image and relations with the Jazz team and fans.

Yeah, he's a self centered sorry bitch, but it's from the heart

I am at the point I think it's perfectly fair to question somebody's fan hood to the Jazz if they are defending this little bitch in any way. Not normally my thing, but just saying in this case it seems appropriate.

You always find a way to outdo yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeMarre Carroll ‏@DeMarreCarroll1 51m51 minutes ago
I can't believe Enes Kanter diss JAZZ fans like that.. Those are some of the best FANS in the World!!! Wow

This is worse than you sniffing his panties. You always find a way to outdo yourself.

LOL ... just because I have compassion and understanding for people you jump on me. Shows you what kind of person you are. It's because of people like you that our culture is going to the pigs.

Don't understand how my response regarding Kanter has anything to do with my support of the Jazz. I don't agree with what he did but I can understand it.

I can't believe Enes Kanter diss JAZZ fans like that.. Those are some of the best FANS in the World!!! Wow

Max contract in the offseason.

If the Jazz could get a good draft pick, Tomic, and one of my past all time favorite in Carroll this off season my life would be complete.

If the Jazz could get a good draft pick, Tomic, and one of my past all time favorite in Carroll this off season my life would be complete.

Carroll was one of my favorites too, and was one of the reasons I hated Corbin because DeMarre would play his guts out while one of the vets was injured and then Corbin would demote him to the bench when Marvin or RJ was ready to play again.