What's new

Kanter said what?!?!?!

All you gotta do is look at the difference between how Favors and Kanter responded to pretty similarly crappy circumstances, and appreciate the class act and developing beast that we have in Favors.

To me Kanter just seems like a big, spoilt kid, which is only an excuse for so long, but don't underestimate the language thing here. I don't think he's a bad dude and like someone else said, it's kinda refreshing to hear someone speak a little unfiltered. He'll probably look back on this stuff one day and feel like a dick about it.

No one is saying poor kanter, just a victim, etc... but some stating of the obvious isnt absurd. There have been countless players drafted high who couldn't get it going after starting their career in bad teams until they moved. Some have even become final MVPs like Chauncey Billups ! Now I am not excusing Kanter, I am just saying that this happens a lot in the nba. But come on let's be serious, why on earth would a team wiht Al Jefferson, FAvors and Millsap draft Kanter ? he starts by not playing much the first 2 years behind these 3 guys to becoming the starting 5 of the team once it is going full tank... Lack of a clear role, lack of clear perspectives and the effects of sucking can be really bad on young immature players. Those with lack of will power, lack of maturity often flounder, so did Kanter. Sucked for the team and sucked for him. Now let's move on crush him and his team in game, but not get too agitated about his remarks, which are somewhat dumb, but not utterly unfounded.

You draft the best player available at #3. If you pick on need when you are picking 3rd your team worse. Of course its easier to see now that Kanter was a bad pick at #3 and Jazz missed. He got enough minutes to be good, not playing enough is not an excuse to suck and not try.

Jazz also missed thinking that Kanter could be better than Big Al or Millsap but he wasnt.

Billups hardly played for the Celtics. He wasnt there 3 and 1/2 years.

Kanter said he never liked playing basketball before going to OKC. Sounds like a guy who was fully committed to becoming a good player and teammate. He reminds me of a 13 year old girl... So immature... Words just come out without ant thought or reasoning. Hopefully Gobert puts him in his place and then Quinn gives him the death state and turns him to stone.

Kanter is gong to regret saying those words. It's going to cost him millions of dollars. OKC is going to have to see that he is a below average defender that isn't a good teammate and is super selfish. I think his manager is possibly the worst in all of professional sports, he should have told Kanter to shut his mouth and say nothing. Gobert may be taking those words personally tonight.

The job of management is to create an environment that is conducive for employees to produce. We are too ideal when we expect workers to be like Boxer in Animal Farm. So if Kanter ends up in another team and performs better than he did in Utah where does that leave us?

Without a mentally weak puss who can only perform when his delicate sensibilities are being met.

Kanter's a jackass but you know what? If he was really that miserable in Utah then awful job by The Jazz FO for waiting until the trade deadline of his contract year to jettison this jerk out of town.

This confirms my theory that Lindsey shopped him only after his trade request.

He didn't choose the right time to say these things but his frustration is somehow understandable. He has been disrespected and misused for 3 seasons and if you add the two big surgeries he underwent it is not difficult to understand that he didn't have a marvellous time in Utah.

Anyway he has been professional...other players would have asked for a trade much earlier than he did. Now he is not a Jazz member anymore and he can share his thinkings about his experience with the Jazz but he could have been more diplomatic especially because a lot of fans supported him. He searched the boo.

Last edited:
Seriously though, I hope he gets booed hard and plays like trash tonight. Wish Favors was 100% to kick his crybaby ***.

God I wish we had traded him to a terrible team. I would love to see him crying about playing backup to Lopez for the nets. Even if it meant we got nothing in return.