What's new

Kanter said what?!?!?!

Kanter implying that the fans in Utah weren't on par with the fanbase he now has at OKC.

**** him. **** him for pissing in Snyder's face after all the time he spent developing him. **** him for being classless, and slamming our organization unfairly. **** him for stealing attention away from a Jazz-great tonight. **** him and his ****ed-up Islamic cult that he's so obsessed with. I hope he cries tonight. He will never win a championship as a starting 5 in this league, and damn does it ever feel good.

I think we should all keep a cool head here : I wouldn't call what he said nor the way he said "great". But let's not act like he doesn't have a point : For the first 3 years of his tenure this team was a mess, the coaching was a mess with Ty, the future was cloudy, really the team looked destined to an eternity of mediocrity.

It just goes to show the importance of "team culture". It is hard to change. Some player can change quicker but for others only the change of scenery can do it. The Gobert/Snyder event has had an overall very positive impact, giving many players suddenly a feeling of where they are headed to, some hope. But for Kanter it came with doubt about his place in the team, some bitterness. In the end as he sort of puts it quite awkwardly : he needed the change of scenery to start afresh, and it worked for the best.

I don't see him as public enemy, I see him more like one of countless players who need a jolt to change and just couldn't do it here in Utah.

Oh, I see. Damn. I am not mad at Kanter though, I am more concerned there might be truth to his words about front office. Hayward signed an offer sheet with poison pill for a reason. If he read JF I understand why he is pissed at fans too, but for a professional basketball player it's immature to say the least.

Am I the only one who reads "I know I didn't bring it every night, but I think almost everything was a frustration" as "I didn't deliver every night"? There is not much difference for a non native speaker.

I think we should all keep a cool head here : I wouldn't call what he said nor the way he said "great". But let's not act like he doesn't have a point : For the first 3 years of his tenure this team was a mess, the coaching was a mess with Ty, the future was cloudy, really the team looked destined to an eternity of mediocrity.

It just goes to show the importance of "team culture". It is hard to change. Some player can change quicker but for others only the change of scenery can do it. The Gobert/Snyder event has had an overall very positive impact, giving many players suddenly a feeling of where they are headed to, some hope. But for Kanter it came with doubt about his place in the team, some bitterness. In the end as he sort of puts it quite awkwardly : he needed the change of scenery to start afresh, and it worked for the best.

I don't see him as public enemy, I see him more like one of countless players who need a jolt to change and just couldn't do it here in Utah.

Dude, come on.

He was tickled ****ing pink this past offseason, gushing about how awesome Quin Snyder was, and how great the future looked. If he said this after being traded last year (with three years of Corbin), he'd have a shred of justification. But three AND A HALF years?!?! What on earth did Quin do wrong this year? There were SEVERAL instances where it was clear that Kanter was the odd-one out of the rotation. People said it from the first ****ing game of the regular season. What does Snyder do? Nothing. He keeps Kanter in as a starter, despite our defensive woes being 80% his fault, and continues to try and place him in the best possible role to succeed. Hell, he has Quin to thank for the ****ing production that he had this year to begin with. Would OKC have traded for him if everyone knew that he didn't deserve minutes ahead of Favors, Booker, AND Gobert?!

Kanter's outburst is most disrespectful to 1) Quin and 2) the fans. We both did nothing to deserve the criticism he threw our way. Classless and childish, through and through-- just like the Enes we know. Enes has yet to improve a single-fault from the list of many that he came into this league with-- other than maybe learning to keep the ball above his head on offensive rebounds (which took more than a ****ing year).

Am I the only one who reads "I know I didn't bring it every night, but I think almost everything was a frustration" as "I didn't deliver every night"? There is not much difference for a non native speaker.

I think it talks more about getting discouraged in game than about coming to the game thinking " i don't give a toss, i'll just mail it tonight"

Oh, I see. Damn. I am not mad at Kanter though, I am more concerned there might be truth to his words about front office. Hayward signed an offer sheet with poison pill for a reason.

I can see this being a legit gripe if the Jazz still had Corbin. But they don't, and Kanter and his agent both previously showered Snyder and his staff with praise.

Kanters would have ben better off being drafted by almost any other team in the top 15, maybe even entire NBA. However when he played he wasn't good enough to trade away Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap and he wasn't bad enough to quickly move on. If Kanter was as good as Kevin Love or Dirk don't you think they would have made room for him form the get go? Hell yeah they would have. The Jazz saw Rudy Gobert as a low risk high reward prospect and traded for him. It paid off and he is already a top 5 Center in the NBA and a top 3 player on the team already when it was Kanters time to shine. You cannot blame Jazz management for dealing with Kanter like how he was dealt and you cannot blame Kanter for wanting to be on a different team. In hindsight Jazz shouldn't have drafted him with the logjam they had but it shows you how much potential they saw in him to draft him despite the logjam. It is very unfortunate for Kanter to feel the way he does and I don't think his comments are fair but I am refreshed that he is honest in his interviews.

Kanter implying that the fans in Utah weren't on par with the fanbase he now has at OKC.

**** him. **** him for pissing in Snyder's face after all the time he spent developing him. **** him for being classless, and slamming our organization unfairly. **** him for stealing attention away from a Jazz-great tonight. **** him and his ****ed-up Islamic cult that he's so obsessed with. I hope he cries tonight. He will never win a championship as a starting 5 in this league, and damn does it ever feel good.

Yea, I'm feeling a little bitter because I genuinely wanted him to succeed. I was like "Oh he has his faults but he's such a great guy" and I tried to stay at least neutral about him while everyone else was bashing him.

Dude, come on.

He was tickled ****ing pink this past offseason, gushing about how awesome Quin Snyder was, and how great the future looked. If he said this after being traded last year (with three years of Corbin), he'd have a shred of justification. But three AND A HALF years?!?! What on earth did Quin do wrong this year? There were SEVERAL instances where it was clear that Kanter was the odd-one out of the rotation. People said it from the first ****ing game of the regular season. What does Snyder do? Nothing. He keeps Kanter in as a starter, despite our defensive woes being 80% his fault, and continues to try and place him in the best possible role to succeed. Hell, he has Quin to thank for the ****ing production that he had this year to begin with. Would OKC have traded for him if everyone knew that he didn't deserve minutes ahead of Favors, Booker, AND Gobert?!

Kanter's outburst is most disrespectful to 1) Quin and 2) the fans. We both did nothing to deserve the criticism he threw our way. Classless and childish, through and through-- just like the Enes we know. Enes has yet to improve a single-fault from the list of many that he came into this league with-- other than maybe learning to keep the ball above his head on offensive rebounds (which took more than a ****ing year).

I agree with everything you said. Kanter also improved how to pass imo as well though. I think his offense is already top 10 in the league for a center and has potential to be top 5 if he continues his current trajectory. His defense is another story and only thing he hasn't improved imo which is a big part of the game :/

Is Kanter obsessed with an Islamic cult?

Kanter got more minutes than Williams though.

Due to playing in garbage time, which was plenty last year. ****, I thought I was already over the nightmare that last year was and now I have to rehash the memories.

You're avoiding the point: he disses our fans, our coaching staff, and his former teammates in his comments. He talks about how he's never "had a point guard" before, which is definitely dissing his teammates here.
Lol, did he ever? How is it disrespectful to state the obvious?

And before praising Burks let's wait for his return and pray he will fit Snyder's system. Because if he doesn't, he will lose his minutes and starting job fairly quickly and true feeling may come out.

Didn't Kanter say that Quin was a coach that he would "die on the court for" at the start of the year? I wish Kanter just said "I don't like playing for a young developing PG that is bottom 5 in the NBA currently and I realize that Rudy Gobert is better than me."

Poor Kanter got drafted 3rd pick overall and it was a bad team....

Most players picked in the top 10 have to endure bad seasons. They are picking where they are because they were bad and rookies dont make your team better. Unfortunately for the Jazz Kanter never made this team better. Usually thats how your team gets better, you draft someone that gets better and improves the team. Kanter never helped this team win and we were never successful with him on this team. The Kanter draft pick set us back, thankfully Gobert is pushing is way ahead.

The Jazz might have been more successful if you didnt have a little kid pouting on this team and not playing hard. Its hard for teammates to care about winning and playing hard when one of your teammates is half assing it. Kanter got more minutes than he deserved. He should never have started for this team. You dont just get to start and get minutes because of where you are drafting, he never proved he was good enough to get starters minutes. Maybe he could have if he tried hard but didnt.

Poor Kanter got drafted 3rd pick overall and it was a bad team....

No one is saying poor kanter, just a victim, etc... but some stating of the obvious isnt absurd. There have been countless players drafted high who couldn't get it going after starting their career in bad teams until they moved. Some have even become final MVPs like Chauncey Billups ! Now I am not excusing Kanter, I am just saying that this happens a lot in the nba. But come on let's be serious, why on earth would a team wiht Al Jefferson, FAvors and Millsap draft Kanter ? he starts by not playing much the first 2 years behind these 3 guys to becoming the starting 5 of the team once it is going full tank... Lack of a clear role, lack of clear perspectives and the effects of sucking can be really bad on young immature players. Those with lack of will power, lack of maturity often flounder, so did Kanter. Sucked for the team and sucked for him. Now let's move on crush him and his team in game, but not get too agitated about his remarks, which are somewhat dumb, but not utterly unfounded.

Way to generalizing. I praised him as did others.

Keep on hating.

If it doesnt apply dont take offense. Someday Hayward will leave and if he calls my hate out good for him. I more hate on the unreasonable hate here. It is fine to bag on kanter or burke. But, dont say anything about kov, hayward, or lindsey.

I can see this being a legit gripe if the Jazz still had Corbin. But they don't, and Kanter and his agent both previously showered Snyder and his staff with praise.
Yeah, that "three and a half years" bothers me the most in his interview, a bit douchey on his part. Given he landed in awesome situation for him, he could have been more generous. There must have been plenty of bad blood between him and FO.