What's new

Kanter...SMH!

utahquad

Folks, when will you all see that Kanter is NOT the path of the future, and we should not give up Jefferson, Millsap or Favors to keep him. Kanter is nothing more than another Kosta Kofous. Even with a years work, he still brings the ball down low EVERY TIME, and gets stripped more times than anyone I have ever seen. Kanter cannot hang onto the ball period. Listen, I know hes only 19 and a rookie, but I honestly do not see what all the fuss is. He had some good moments, just like Kosta did, but he just is not spectacular at all! I mean even players like McGee can handle the ball and not lose it, and lsts face it, McGee is a total moron who makes Kenyon Martin look like Stephen Hawking! I did not see ANY progress from Kanter, even when he was part of the regular rotation. I saw tons of times where Corbin, in his efforts to try and give Kanter time, waited too long, and lost games due to lost leads in the 4th quarter. I see this constant double-edged sword from Jazz fans, they want picks, but also want to win NOW! You can have one or the other, and that is pretty much it. If you are happy getting young talent, developing them, and losing them to the bigger teams, then fine, so be it. I for one have always seen a winning culture in Utah, win now, do our best, play hard and nasty. Kanter is afraid to even foul someone half the time. Personally I think we should move Kanter, and keep Favors, Jefferson and MIllsap. They are the "win now" group, heck even Alec Burkes, also a rookie, and a lower pick, has improved leaps and bounds compared to Kanter. Looking back now, there is no way Kanter should have been a #3 pick, period!

I for one don't want a decade of mediocrity, just to develop someone like Kanter into a servicable player, at the cost of every other person who actually wins you games. Jefferson and Millsap won us games, period, there is no disputing that. Kanter has not made us better, not one bit. His performance just leaves me "SMH" every night hes on the floor!

Reactions: MVP
Jefferson is horrible on the defensive end particularly in the PnR. We could either take a chance with Kanter ( who is already better on D than Jefferson) or we could be bound to mediocrecy. You take your pick. Jefferson isn't going to be any good on D. EVER.

In game 2 Jefferson and Millsap combined for 9 rebounds in 60 minutes. Kanter had 10 rebounds in 15 minutes. Even if he played garbage minutes, those are pretty staggering stats.

Per 36 minutes
Andrew Bynum (19, Second Year):
(22 min./gm) 12.8, 9.7, 1.9asts, .2 stls, 2.6 blks, 2.3 TO, 5 fouls (.558, .668)

Enes Kanter (19, Rookie):
(13.2 min/gm) 12.5, 11.5, .3asts, .7 stls, .9blks, 2.2 TO, 3.6 fouls (.496, .667)

1. Limited playing time from age 14 – 19.
2. Not allowed to play in college.
3. No summer league.
4. No training camp.
5. Contributed to an eighth seed Playoff NBA team despite this.

1. Tons of international records and accolades for his age-group.
2. Nike Hoop-Summit record in limited minutes against our best youth.

Who knows where he'll be, but he is no Kouf. Give him some time and a summer league or two. He dominated the Spurs' bench.

Weaknesses:
1. Passing.
2. Confidence and experience.
3. Dribbling/Ball-Handling (but this could be attributed to confidence).
4. Balance.

ESPN (Game 2 of the Playoffs):
Top Performers
Utah: E. Kanter 8 Pts, 10 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Blk
San Antonio: T. Parker 18 Pts, 4 Reb, 9 As

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0wMlRaJRg

I agree with keeping him for sure. However, I will give you another weakness of his. Incredibly slow.

I agree with keeping him for sure. However, I will give you another weakness of his. Incredibly slow.

I don't think he's slow, and this is evident on defense. He does not react quickly; it's often like he doesn't know what to do. On offense, he hasn't learned that he needs to be much quicker on his moves rather than doing his four or five dribbles. He should be able to fix this, but we'll see.

I'm pretty much convinced in a year or two Kanter will be a low end double double big who brings solid, smart post defense every night.

Right now there might be a 15 guys in the NBA like that.

I don't think he's slow, and this is evident on defense. He does not react quickly; it's often like he doesn't know what to do. On offense, he hasn't learned that he needs to be much quicker on his moves rather than doing his four or five dribbles. He should be able to fix this, but we'll see.

His offensive game is exactly what I was implying.

candrew, not to publicly unzip you, but you may be my favorite poster on the board. almost everyone of your posts is simple, short and spot on.

We have a 19 year old rookie who was away from the game for a whole year while he was at Kentucky. He has held his own against some of the best big men in the game and you want to give up on him because he brings the ball down low?

Folks, when will you all see that Kanter is NOT the path of the future, and we should not give up Jefferson, Millsap or Favors to keep him. Kanter is nothing more than another Kosta Kofous. Even with a years work, he still brings the ball down low EVERY TIME, and gets stripped more times than anyone I have ever seen. Kanter cannot hang onto the ball period. Listen, I know hes only 19 and a rookie, but I honestly do not see what all the fuss is. He had some good moments, just like Kosta did, but he just is not spectacular at all! I mean even players like McGee can handle the ball and not lose it, and lsts face it, McGee is a total moron who makes Kenyon Martin look like Stephen Hawking! I did not see ANY progress from Kanter, even when he was part of the regular rotation. I saw tons of times where Corbin, in his efforts to try and give Kanter time, waited too long, and lost games due to lost leads in the 4th quarter. I see this constant double-edged sword from Jazz fans, they want picks, but also want to win NOW! You can have one or the other, and that is pretty much it. If you are happy getting young talent, developing them, and losing them to the bigger teams, then fine, so be it. I for one have always seen a winning culture in Utah, win now, do our best, play hard and nasty. Kanter is afraid to even foul someone half the time. Personally I think we should move Kanter, and keep Favors, Jefferson and MIllsap. They are the "win now" group, heck even Alec Burkes, also a rookie, and a lower pick, has improved leaps and bounds compared to Kanter. Looking back now, there is no way Kanter should have been a #3 pick, period!

I for one don't want a decade of mediocrity, just to develop someone like Kanter into a servicable player, at the cost of every other person who actually wins you games. Jefferson and Millsap won us games, period, there is no disputing that. Kanter has not made us better, not one bit. His performance just leaves me "SMH" every night hes on the floor!

I don't think you fully understand what being a 19 year old rookie in the NBA is like. Pointless rant.

I think school is still out on Kanter. One thing is clear is that he can rebound on an elite level and plays good position defense. He has some weaknesses that he won't be able to fix such as he's a short 6'11" with short arms. he is not quick at all and is not very explosive. His offensive game will improve, but he will never average over 12 a game. But, if he could average 12 and 12, he will have a long NBA career.

candrew, not to publicly unzip you, but you may be my favorite poster on the board. almost everyone of your posts is simple, short and spot on.

This. You and Vslice could be the two most under-appreciated posters on this board.

^

He will never average over 12 a game? Pffff...if Jefferson's gone and our bigs trio is Favors, Millsap and Kanter, Kanter could still put in 14 a night...in two years...

he does get that ****ing ball stripper more then anybody i've ever seen. He grabs a ****ing rebound and just..."OOOOOH DERP...WHERE DA BALL GO! HUEHEUEHU"

he does get that ****ing ball stripper more then anybody i've ever seen. He grabs a ****ing rebound and just..."OOOOOH DERP...WHERE DA BALL GO! HUEHEUEHU"

This is fixable. He's only played 5 years of organized ball. I love how he bangs and bullies his way inside the paint, and has great footwork in the post. The Jazz just need to have patience with him as he goes through his growing pains. With Favors, Millsap, Hayward, Burks, and Millsap on the team Kanter wont be asked to do much scoring, but will be a very good 5th or 6th option on offense. I see him as being our enforcer, and rebounder. Kanter will be very valuable to this team by doing the dirty work no one else wants to do.

Just my thoughts....

I think he's doing remarkably well for being 19 and not playing any real organized ball in ages. He seriously needs more improvement/practice no doubt, but the skills are obviously there.

I think if you were going to read this in a few years you'll see how dumb this makes you sound. He's light years better then KK was as a rookie, and has gotten more consistent minutes his rookie season then KK ever did.

Welcome to the board "Koufos". No jealousy