What's new

Kanter...SMH!

are you kidding me? kid has a 32.5 inch max vertical. if he would add six more inches, he would have a 38.5 inch max vertical. even blake griffin has a 35.5 max inch vertical. tyson chandler, andrew bogut and ekpe udoh are similar to kanter: they all have 33.5 inch max vertical. while his standig vertical could improve, his problem is not his lack of lift at all, it's rather that he does not have the elite length à la cousins, chandler and so on, while he still is not undersized.

his jumping ability is average, but the problem is his lack of explosiveness. he can't jump quickly, that's his problem, not his lack of getting high in the air! he can't get high quickly.

that's right, he can dunk from the free throw line after all

Ok, but it sure looks like he can't get up. Guess that explains it. But there are ways to improve on that, I think. I've read about Olympians in the high jump, broad jump, and triple jump using techniques to improve on explosiveness, so maybe he can improve on that. And it looks like Griffin is getting two feet higher than Kanter -- not to say that he is, but it sure looks that way.
Yeah, maybe in the off-season (i.e., starting in two days), Jefferson can give Kanter some pointers on catching air.

<<sigh>>

I think Kanter can become a good offensive player, but I don't really see him becoming a good defensive guy like many on here think.

I see potential in him becoming a good player, but I see just as much ,if not more, in him becoming a huge bust.

A lot changes defensively when you go from playing spot back up minutes to full on starter minutes. I may be wrong. I'm not saying I see him being a terrible defender, but I just see him being so-so defensively.

Me too. His IQ, or lack there off, is what bothers me the most. That is too be expected from a guy who hasn't really had much game time, but at the same time I don't really get a great sense that he has a natural aptitude for the game. It can improve no doubt, but I have the feeling he will be along the same skill level as Jefferson is in passing ability.

*Confirmed*

Well, basically you're right. But passing and defending doesn't seems to develop that easy. Can you imagine Enes as a above average defender and good passer?This guy would be a hall of famer. Did you expect Kanter to be a hall of famer?Then you are right, he is a bust.

To be honest i wouldn't call him a bust but he is clearly disappointing. I expected a guy who plays hard about 30 minutes, scoring 15 points, having 8-9 rebounds per game and providing some solid lowpost defense. I knew like everybody, Kanter will never be a great help defender duo his lack of elite athleticism and elite length. But i thought Kanter would'n be a black hole like Big Al. His willingness to pass the ball and desire to hustle should have been the difference comparing to Big Al.

Jefferson grabbed rebounds in a kind of way despite avoiding body contact. Kanter in contrast is hustling and moving his opponents from one side to the other and grabbing rebounds between 2 guys sometimes...

I dont know what to do with Enes. Would love to see him having a coach who is totally trusting him. Trading him?Or still being patient because he is only 21 of age.

Well, basically you're right. But passing and defending doesn't seems to develop that easy. Can you imagine Enes as a above average defender and good passer?This guy would be a hall of famer. Did you expect Kanter to be a hall of famer?Then you are right, he is a bust.

To be honest i wouldn't call him a bust but he is clearly disappointing. I expected a guy who plays hard about 30 minutes, scoring 15 points, having 8-9 rebounds per game and providing some solid lowpost defense. I knew like everybody, Kanter will never be a great help defender duo his lack of elite athleticism and elite length. But i thought Kanter would'n be a black hole like Big Al. His willingness to pass the ball and desire to hustle should have been the difference comparing to Big Al.

Jefferson grabbed rebounds in a kind of way despite avoiding body contact. Kanter in contrast is hustling and moving his opponents from one side to the other and grabbing rebounds between 2 guys sometimes...

I dont know what to do with Enes. Would love to see him having a coach who is totally trusting him. Trading him?Or still being patient because he is only 21 of age.

I fall in the group of folks who think some patience is definitely needed with yung kant.

A hall of famer? an all star, maybe, but a hall of famer???

Verdict is still out on Kanter. Let's see how he plays next year. Hope somehow he can improve on his lift. To me, that is one of the biggest things he needs to improve. If he could get at least six more inches on his vertical and I think that's doable as he is still growing.

why don't you call him at work and find out what his deal is. If he's already got your number blocked (likely), then you'll just have to confront him at his house again.

Get to the bottom of this, please. Chop, chop!