What's new

Kanter's Injury is NOT More Serious Than It Has Been Declared! And He Might Be in the FIBA WC 2014!

Yesterday Turkish NT coach Ergin Ataman stated he can still have Enes in the team if he was ready physically by 2nd week of August. A tiny chance of participation imo.

Reactions: ema
After what happended to Paul George, I am pretty sure Enes will find a way to have a small operation

Remembering the new Spurs assistant coach, I wonder if women and men can play in the same league in the future.

If they changed the rules to starting 3 men and 2 women or something, sure. Otherwise, there's no chance in hell that even the best WNBA players would get PT in real NBA games IMO.

If they changed the rules to starting 3 men and 2 women or something, sure. Otherwise, there's no chance in hell that even the best WNBA players would get PT in real NBA games IMO.
Unless the new flopping rule affects the players, I don't see a boundry for some men to keep playing like chicks. ;)

I think that if I was allowed to play in the WNBA when I was 20 years old, I would have been rookie of the year.

So ya, I agree witchoo

I think that if I was allowed to play in the WNBA when I was 20 years old, I would have been rookie of the year.

So ya, I agree witchoo

I'm not writing against you here fish, because you're saying a different thing from what I'm gonna object here, but you reminded me the dudes I've been playing pick up games with.

I play pickup games with these stereotype guys that are occasional players but all claim that they could do wonders against pro women. To me they are just talking BS. In İstanbul, I've seen more than thirty of pro women games at a very high level and watched them playing from very close distance since there aren't much audience in women's games. And boy, those women can move! They are vastly faster, quicker and even stronger(in the basketball way) than all the dudes talking crap about women's basketball. Not to mention that they are much better shooters and won't miss a thing when they are open just like the professional male players. Plus they obviously know the game hundreds time better. And it's not even WNBA I'm talking about, WNBA is even better than that.

So to me, regular dudes who are not basketball players at any level, are unduly over confident against pro women.

But of course, I agree that there is a huge huge gap between men's and women's basketball when the both sides are equivalent or close, like pro, semi-pro, college or HS levels.

I'm not writing against you here fish, because you're saying a different thing from what I'm gonna object here, but you reminded me the dudes I've been playing pick up games with.

I play pickup games with these stereotype guys that are occasional players but all claim that they could do wonders against pro women. To me they are just talking BS. In İstanbul, I've seen more than thirty of pro women games at a very high level and watched them playing from very close distance since there aren't much audience in women's games. And boy, those women can move! They are vastly faster, quicker and even stronger(in the basketball way) than all the dudes talking crap about women's basketball. Not to mention that they are much better shooters and won't miss a thing when they are open just like the professional male players. Plus they obviously know the game hundreds time better. And it's not even WNBA I'm talking about, WNBA is even better than that.

So to me, regular dudes who are not basketball players at any level, are unduly over confident against pro women.

But of course, I agree that there is a huge huge gap between men's and women's basketball when the both sides are equivalent or close, like pro, semi-pro, college or HS levels.
Ya I'm probably under rating the women.
But I was really good when I was in my early twenties and played against some top notch women players and I was better than all of them.

They were not WNBA players though so I'm definitely being over confident for sure

Turkish women's basketball is pretty successful though. Our two teams played the Euro ball finals against each other. I'm sure you know but I wrote so that others do too. So I guess our ladies would compete well against Americans.

But I was really good when I was in my early twenties and played against some top notch women players and I was better than all of them.

They were not WNBA players though so I'm definitely being over confident for sure

I always felt the same way. On one hand, I knew I could dunk (how many WBNA chicks can?), was pretty quick (about 4.50-4.55 40 speed)/fast and pretty strong relative to my BMI, plus I never tired out thanks to my XC and track days. I'm 6'2" so I felt I'd be able to guard any WBNA guard basically. On the other hand, I thought about Marion Jones, who, dirty or not, was one of the greatest female sprinters ever, and played both at UNC and later professionally for Tulsa. I'm not sure I'd have a chance to stay in front of her on defense and she wasn't even that special of a basketball player.

Who knows.

I played once against a lady who was a bench player (buried deep in that bench, too) for a Turkish bball club.
she was nothing but net in her shooting.
I tried to bully her but she still managed to bury the shots.
nope, it is not as easy as it looks.

Turkish women's basketball is pretty successful though. Our two teams played the Euro ball finals against each other. I'm sure you know but I wrote so that others do too. So I guess our ladies would compete well against Americans.
Yeah, in fact we have many WNBA players too. Maybe I'm underrating european women basketball.

Don't underrate yourself too, maybe you were almost pro-good in your twenties. And, maybe on one one one a really good regular guy can beat most of the pro women.

Bu to me, it's very unlikely for a team with 5 regular guys(no massive size advantage) to beat a high level pro women team. Women basketball relies on team play in the first place and they would probably smoke the stupid Joes by their regular playbook.