What's new

Karl Malone Appreciation Thread

Exactly.
So sick of the jock sniffing ring lovers. Fisher is the best PG of the last 20 years by that standard. Mmk.

Except Fisher and Horry won none of those rings as the best player on their team.

And Fisher and Horry never carried their teams to 13 straight years of playoffs appearances and nothing less then a 50 win season every year. We're Jazz fans but don't make us seem so Biased we have to discredit other peoples rings.

The greatest player to wear a Jazz uniform.

There was this other guy........
john-stockton-keeping-it-real.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDi0Ce_Z5w

Dont get me wrong I loved Malone, and I will argue to the death that he was the greates PF, but for the Jazz Mr. John Stockton holds the title of Greatest Jazz Player ever!

So Brett Favre is the best QB ever?

Who's methodology gives u this?? Farve only has one ring. According to you, most rings = greatest, being as how that's the ONLY qualification you listed for Duncan > Malone. So by YOUR OWN rationale, Horry > Duncan.

Except Fisher and Horry won none of those rings as the best player on their team.

And Fisher and Horry never carried their teams to 13 straight years of playoffs appearances and nothing less then a 50 win season every year. We're Jazz fans but don't make us seem so Biased we have to discredit other peoples rings.

I never said Horry was the best on his teams. Nor was Fisher cited as the best on his teams. KEK said Duncan > Malone because 4 > 0, there are no other factors cited. Therefore, Horry > Duncan.

I never said Horry was the best on his teams. Nor was Fisher cited as the best on his teams. KEK said Duncan > Malone because 4 > 0, there are no other factors cited. Therefore, Horry > Duncan.

Sorry, I didn't know I had to explain the obvious to you as Perch did. I guess I gave you too much credit.

To take it a step further, here's the bottom line. In big games, Malone sucked and that's that. He had his occasional very good post-season game but overall he choked. A lifetime 51.6% shooter shot 46.3% in his post-season career. That's ****ing horrible. The best ****ing power forward shoots 46.3% for his entire post-season career? Including 43.5% and 47.1% in our two Finals post-seasons. Against the Bulls, 44.3% in '97 and much better but still below average for him with 50.4% in '98 with three horrible games out of six and total inconsistency from him. You never knew if he'd show up because he was a bitch. An absolute joke. He clammed up when it mattered most as evidenced by his missing of two huge free throws at the end of game one in Chicago in '97. His stellar court awareness in the closing minute of game six in '98. Winners don't do that. He choked. Live with it. He's the reason I love the Jazz and he's a stud. But in a big game, I take Duncan over Malone.

https://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2005-07-08/best-all-time-power-forwards

Hey KEK, I'm not disagreeing that Malone wasn't known for being clutch just thought I'd ask do you remember how many points he had in that Game 6 and also in game 5 to force a game 6. I'll give you a hint it was in the 30's.

No doubt we/you can nit pic but I'm noticing a pattern in any Malone thread, KEK comes in and discredits Malone in any way he can. C'mon KEK'y can't you at least use one of the universal precursors such as "with all due respect" before disrespecting him?

Hey KEK, I'm not disagreeing that Malone wasn't known for being clutch just thought I'd ask do you remember how many points he had in that Game 6 and also in game 5 to force a game 6. I'll give you a hint it was in the 30's.

No doubt we/you can nit pic but I'm noticing a pattern in any Malone thread, KEK comes in and discredits Malone in any way he can. C'mon KEK'y can't you at least use one of the universal precursors such as "with all due respect" before disrespecting him?

With all due respect, no, not when KM32DKSKR posts his simplified, childish Horry > Malone. He opened that can of worms.

Sorry, I didn't know I had to explain the obvious to you as Perch did. I guess I gave you too much credit.

To take it a step further, here's the bottom line. In big games, Malone sucked and that's that. He had his occasional very good post-season game but overall he choked. A lifetime 51.6% shooter shot 46.3% in his post-season career. That's ****ing horrible. The best ****ing power forward shoots 46.3% for his entire post-season career? Including 43.5% and 47.1% in our two Finals post-seasons. Against the Bulls, 44.3% in '97 and much better but still below average for him with 50.4% in '98 with three horrible games out of six and total inconsistency from him. You never knew if he'd show up because he was a bitch. An absolute joke. He clammed up when it mattered most as evidenced by his missing of two huge free throws at the end of game one in Chicago in '97. His stellar court awareness in the closing minute of game six in '98. Winners don't do that. He choked. Live with it. He's the reason I love the Jazz and he's a stud. But in a big game, I take Duncan over Malone.

https://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2005-07-08/best-all-time-power-forwards

Good point, Malone's FG% dropped in the finals against some tough Bulls teams. Man doesnt come to play when it matters. Hmm...lets check out Duncan's FG% in the finals

61%
52%
50%
47%
54%

First title, not too bad. Of course DRob was there to take some pressure away.

65%
42%
46%
43%
55%
47%

Looks like a nice drop off as the "main man" 4 games in the 40%'s?? I guess his drop off was due to teams keying in on the best player, where as Malone's was probably because he's a choke artist...but lets keep going

45%
50%
33%
29%
45%
57%
37%

Wow...bigger drop off. 3 games in the 30%'s or lower, Malone never had that happen in the finals. And he also had 3 games he failed to reach even 20 pts., tho not all the same as the 3 lowest FG% But, Im sure there's a perfectly logical reason here. Actually, he never scored above 26 pts in any game.

Last year in the finals

58%
56%
35%
26%

Hmm...started well, then went down hill fast. And just 14 and 12 pts respectively in those last two games. Good thing it was a sweep the trend of dropping FG% may have been much uglier.