What's new

Karl Malone Appreciation Thread

timmy is a power forward just now the nba plays 4s at the 5. He won rings and was the captain and leader of the team. He wasnt some bench warmder like robert horry. Also malone is a child molester but i guess dats coo in utah so whatever. Duncan is a far better player then malone. Malone couldnt even get past the rockets the 2 years mj was gone. Then he tried to go ride shaqs and kobes jockstrap and that didnt work out. Karl malone lost all respect from me when he told his son whos mother was 13 that he made it this far without him so he dont need him. Dude is a p.o.s and yall bash kobe all da time but malone had sex with a child and hes loved. Reggie miller and the rest of the world is right. Jazz fans are classless. Bash fisher for leaving but yet malone touches kids and gets a free pass.

timmy is a power forward just now the nba plays 4s at the 5. He won rings and was the captain and leader of the team. He wasnt some bench warmder like robert horry. Also malone is a child molester but i guess dats coo in utah so whatever. Duncan is a far better player then malone. Malone couldnt even get past the rockets the 2 years mj was gone. Then he tried to go ride shaqs and kobes jockstrap and that didnt work out. Karl malone lost all respect from me when he told his son whos mother was 13 that he made it this far without him so he dont need him. Dude is a p.o.s and yall bash kobe all da time but malone had sex with a child and hes loved. Reggie miller and the rest of the world is right. Jazz fans are classless. Bash fisher for leaving but yet malone touches kids and gets a free pass.

Elegant and articulate. Thank you for sharing!

I personally feel like Duncan could guard Malone fairly well but Malone would struggle against Duncan at times. Perhaps I'm being too harsh and cynical though.
When it came down to Duncan against 35-39 year old Karl Malone, Duncan usually had the advantage.
In the 2nd rnd of the 98 playoffs you had a 34-year old Karl Malone against a 23-yr old Duncan. Duncan put up monster numbers the first two games, but missed a potential game-winner at the buzzer in Game 1, while Malone hit the go-ahead basket. In overtime with Game 2 on the line, Malone faced up Duncan and blew by him for a monster dunk that put the Jazz up 3 and in Game 4 Malone was unconcious and hit an assortment of 20-foot jumpers in Duncan's and Robinson's face.
After that, Duncan and the Spurs had the edge although Malone did an outstanding job defensively on Duncan in the 2004 playoffs.
Maybe I'm being a homer, but I think a 28-year old Malone would whup a 28-year old Duncan just like a 35-year old Malone could easily shut down a 35-yr old Duncan.