What's new

Kemba Walker

We will be most successful with the ball in Donovan’s hands. We can get scorers but they can’t be ball dominant.

People not wanting to deal a 20-30 pick or hamper the ability to trade a future pick by having protections on it for Niko, but willing to jettison draft pick, Hood, and a **** ton of cap space to get a ball dominant PG.

We will be most successful with the ball in Donovan’s hands. We can get scorers but they can’t be ball dominant.

People not wanting to deal a 20-30 pick or hamper the ability to trade a future pick by having protections on it for Niko, but willing to jettison draft pick, Hood, and a **** ton of cap space to get a ball dominant PG.

You can live with two ball-dominant players. Even with three sometimes. We need more ball-handlers, that's for sure.

And it's not like Kemba is terrible off the ball. He improved his spot-up 3s over the last few years iirc.

You can live with two ball-dominant players. Even with three sometimes. We need more ball-handlers, that's for sure.

And it's not like Kemba is terrible off the ball. He improved his spot-up 3s over the last few years iirc.
We’re currently witnessing another ball handler and it looks like ****. Yeah, Kemba’s a big upgrade to Rubio but I’d rather another scorer who wasn’t so ball dominant.

We’re currently witnessing another ball handler and it looks like ****. Yeah, Kemba’s a big upgrade to Rubio but I’d rather another scorer who wasn’t so ball dominant.
Rubio isn't struggling because we have too many ball-handlers, though. Basically, outside of Mitchell and Hood we don't have anyone that can create a shot. It's good to have an another option when they get pressured, you can always stagger their minutes. Also Quin likes to share the playmaking duties.

That's my main issue. Especially come playoff time when everyone plays 40 minutes a game. Is Kemba or DM just gonna stand in the corner? Neither are elite 3 point shooters so that wouldn't make sense. Obviously having another playmaker like Kemba what be good, but the cost will be 30m a year soon and that leads to a treadmill.

The big thing here is Kemba's contract. Are we contending next year? No. Will Kemba commit to re-sign? Utah could very well be looking at a George Hill-type situation where Walker would either just leave, or demand a max contract to stay. Hell, I would in his situation. So Utah gives up a lottery pick for a 1 1/2 yr rental?

No, thanks. There are very good players available all the way down through the lottery. Grab a starter on a rookie deal and you control him for 7-8 years. That's what smart teams do.

Not sure I would want to mortgage the future for him. I'd rather take my chances in the draft. I think we can find a better fit next to Donovan too. He'd take a lot of Donovan's possessions. We need Donnie to have the ball.

Kemba + Mitchell is a very small backcourt... and a bit redundant. It is a weaker version of Portland. Plus, Utah likes size at PG and Kemba doesn’t have that.

Sounds like I am way more bullish on an Exum + Donovan backcourt than several folks. If Dante can stay on the court (big if), they're a great pair in the era of positionless basketball. They can both serve as primary ballhandlers, both play off the ball well, and they'll be interchangeable defensively.

Don't like the idea of trading for Kemba, at all. I still think the FO is looking to build a team that is long and athletic defensively (centered around Rudy), and Dante and Donovan fit that mold. I'd rather us invest in a top flight, stretch-4 big or a long athletic wing than an undersized PG.

Sounds like I am way more bullish on an Exum + Donovan backcourt than several folks. If Dante can stay on the court (big if), they're a great pair in the era of positionless basketball. They can both serve as primary ballhandlers, both play off the ball well, and they'll be interchangeable defensively.

Don't like the idea of trading for Kemba, at all. I still think the FO is looking to build a team that is long and athletic defensively (centered around Rudy), and Dante and Donovan fit that mold. I'd rather us invest in a top flight, stretch-4 big or a long athletic wing than an undersized PG.
We dont even know if Exum is a better offensive player than Raul Neto

Exum&Mitchell combo has all the makings of "sounds good, doesn't work".

We dont even know if Exum is a better offensive player than Raul Neto

That's fair, but by all accounts the FO is really high on the strides that Dante had made and his ceiling is clearly much higher. I'd rather give that duo a shot to develop together and have assets to invest elsewhere as opposed to trading a pretty penny to acquire Kemba. I don't see a Kemba/Donovan/Rudy core ever seriously competing against the likes of the Rockets or Warriors.

People pay waaaayyyyy to much attention to Mitchells height. He plays much taller than his listed height due to his very long reach and athleticism. He can play the 2 position very well.

I also think people are underestimating Kemba. He is a very very good PG. Him and Mitchell would be an incredible combo. If the price was right its a no brainer.

I am very high on Exum but he is not a reason to not make a move for Kemba.

I think Exum still has all-star level talent and I think the FO and coaching staff thinks he does to. Kemba is already an all-star level player. Kemba-Mitchell-Gobert is your 3 headed all-star lineup. If you could get Kemba and keep Exum as well you could keep developing him. Pick up a solid 4 and look for an upgrade at the 3 and you have a team that can compete. Ill take Kemba-Mitchell over the next 5 years over a declining CP3 and mr no defense Harden any day. Ill also take that combo over Portlands duo. Kemba and Mitchell play both ways.

what is Kemba's 3pt % over the last few years ?

He got up to 40% last year, he is at 34 this year. Two years ago he was at 37. Kemba's stats are only really relevant for the past 3 years, kind of like Hayward.

According to NBA.com though Kemba is pretty good at catch and shoot 3's. Shooting 40% this year, and 46% last year. Two years ago he was 44% on catch and shoot 3's.

He got up to 40% last year, he is at 34 this year. Two years ago he was at 37. Kemba's stats are only really relevant for the past 3 years, kind of like Hayward.

According to NBA.com though Kemba is pretty good at catch and shoot 3's. Shooting 40% this year, and 46% last year. Two years ago he was 44% on catch and shoot 3's.

so he's prob something like 37-38 % ? I'm warming to this idea .. if we could somehow swap Ricky for this dude ...