What's new

Kevin Love..

So if Locke is indicating the Jazz see Favors/Gobert > Love/Gobert, that doesn't seem to bode well for Cy's Quin theory on Favors/Gobert.

I listened to him today and he didnt say that lmao.

I wasn't talking about today's podcast.

Listen to the 7/25 Podcast from the 15 - 19 minute mark.

He clearly says he doesn't think, all things considered, a Love/Gobert combo is an upgrade over Favors/Gobert.

I wasn't talking about today's podcast.

Listen to the 7/25 Podcast from the 15 - 19 minute mark.

He clearly says he doesn't think, all things considered, a Love/Gobert combo is an upgrade over Favors/Gobert.

Yeah he never said Favors/Gobert > Love/Gobert. He just said he questions if Love/Gobert > Favors/Gobert as much as people think (if at all), but he never said anything absolute. Basically the same thing he said on today's podcast, but this one was more detailed.

Locke isnt breaking any news. He was just talking about what Windhorst said this past week. I don't remember exactly what he said, but he questioned something about Love, but he never said Favors/Gobert > Love/Gobert.

He said and I listened to it tonight, that he questioned whether Love-Gobert would be better than Favors/Gobert because people underestimate the defensive contribution of Favors/Gobert.

He said and I listened to it tonight, that he questioned whether Love-Gobert would be better than Favors/Gobert because people underestimate the defensive contribution of Favors/Gobert.

I think it's by far our best option, but I think Love/Gobert is far superior. I hope to see Favors develop a passable 3 point shot, hitting 35% on open threes on at least an attempt per game.

Better chance of seeing Leo Messi play for Preston North End than Love coming to Utah. Think the Le Bron trade looks like a winner tho.

I think it's by far our best option, but I think Love/Gobert is far superior. I hope to see Favors develop a passable 3 point shot, hitting 35% on open threes on at least an attempt per game.

If Favs hit 32% of his 3s on 2 attempts per game and got/stayed healthy would he be better than KLove? I think Derrick's defense is under-rated around here.

If Favs hit 32% of his 3s on 2 attempts per game and got/stayed healthy would he be better than KLove? I think Derrick's defense is under-rated around here.
Yes definitely. I think just a healthy Favor's could be better. If he adds a reliable three then he will be better.

Just my opinion but if someone is shooting 32% from three then I want them to stop shooting the 3.

Just my opinion but if someone is shooting 32% from three then I want them to stop shooting the 3.
Exactly. Opponents will give him that shot all game long and sag off to help on Rudy or sit in the passing lane as Favs tries to get the ball back to a guard.

It's not a good fit offensively. Both Rudy and Favs are P&R players. When Favs was the backup center, that let him play almost half his minutes as the sole interior option. Now Udoh will backup Gobert. And Expe ain't Memo.

Also, Rubio isn't a 3pt shooter. That just compounds the Favors/Gobert spacing issue.

I would like to have Love in a Jazz uni at the start of the season. I trust DL. I guess the price is too great that the Cavs are asking.

Imagine a bigs rotation of Favs, Love, and Gobert.

images

Could you imagine the babies Jimboy Jimmer Fabtastic and Loverboy could produce? Can't wait until medical science can make it happen. Ooooh. Better yet.... a JimboLoveHaygum baby!

Just because Gobert is a big guy with few skills and no range doesn't mean the Jazz need a shooting big guy to start alongside him. I'm excited to see some more Favors/Gobert no matter how 'ugly' the offense looks, how slow the Jazz play, and how 'boring' other people think the Jazz style is. I like that the Jazz used the offseason to solidify and bolster their comparative advantage - defense.