What's new

Kevin O'conner stepping down

I'd be more excited if Ty was moving to a consultant's role. There's more to this story than what is being reported. Sounds like there was a power struggle and the heir apparent won due to the team's lack of success over the past couple of years. Undoubtedly, KOC going 0-3 with the FA's/trades likely hastened his dismissal, I mean voluntary exile.

Seems to me it was the plan all along.

Seems to me it was the plan all along.

It was the plan...eventually. But I doubt a promotion up to President and then a hasty exit to the Carolinas was part of the master plan. What this means is KOC had his house on the market well before the Jazz missed the playoffs. He pulled an AK!

I'd be more excited if Ty was moving to a consultant's role. There's more to this story than what is being reported. Sounds like there was a power struggle and the heir apparent won due to the team's lack of success over the past couple of years. Undoubtedly, KOC going 0-3 with the FA's/trades likely hastened his dismissal, I mean voluntary exile.

?? really?

I think it was KOC's plan all along to hand over the reign this past year. It was just basically to transition Lindsey into the role.

Why else would have Lindsey left his comfortable job in SA if he wasn't assured he'd be at the helm this coming season?

?? really?

I think it was KOC's plan all along to hand over the reign this past year. It was just basically to transition Lindsey into the role.

Why else would have Lindsey left his comfortable job in SA if he wasn't assured he'd be at the helm this coming season?
Eventually, but I don't think he was promised a 1-yr promotion. He left SA because neither Buford nor Popovich are going anywhere soon. Lindsay was an assistant and he got a promotion by coming over to the Jazz. I still think something happened. When KOC moved up to President, the article said he would still be very involved, but was giving up a lot of the travel. This is weird timing right in front of the draft.

Eventually, but I don't think he was promised a 1-yr promotion. He left SA because neither Buford nor Popovich are going anywhere soon. Lindsay was an assistant and he got a promotion by coming over to the Jazz. I still think something happened. When KOC moved up to President, the article said he would still be very involved, but was giving up a lot of the travel. This is weird timing right in front of the draft.

Lindsey isn't getting promoted. He was GM and he is still GM. A figure of influence is just leaving. KOC is an old *** dude and is probably tired of all the work that comes with being a GM. I think he had this in mind when he switched over to President. He probably wanted to see what it would be like, probably found that he still found himself doing too much work and is tired.

I see this as just himself removing himself from any kind of position of final authority, and simply one as an opinion guy if wanted.

So wait, who's going to be VP of basketball operations? Or is it not a real position anyway? If it's Lindsey, than it is a promotion, if it's someone else, I haven't heard who yet.

Maybe he dislikes Corbin as much as everyone who's a Jazz fan?
If so couldn't he have just fired Ty's *** instead of stepping down?
Lindsey just said in the locker room clean out that Ty is their guy and while he didn't do everything perfect was doing a good job. There is no way that he goes and Fires Corbin after saying that about him just 2 weeks ago.
Like we've never heard a gm or owner give a coach a vote of confidence only to fire the coach in question the next week.

6ygqdt.jpg

the Republican poster for '16

Remember hoe KOC was always stuck on this ridiculous "retooling" idea?

Has anyone else noticed that Lindsey has said a few different times that the Jazz are "rebuilding" and that they have skipped some important steps?

Sounds like retooling sucks.

So it is Greg & Dennis running the show now.

In the waking moments of the morning, when I was somewhere between dreamland and reality I had a vision of Dennis cleaning house. Walt Perrin, Ron Boone, Tom Nisalke----all 'retired'. Bolerjack decided to focus on football and spend more time with his family. Bob Hyde retired. And the Jazz could not find a corporate sponsor to name the arena.

When I woke up I had to check the news just to be certain it wasn't real.

KoC will be removed from his position on the NBA rules committee.
Dennis Lindsey will have to go to the Draft Lottery on May 21 and try to smile.
Draft Day will be Lindseys pick. Hope they have a draft party again.
Karl Malone doesn't hate Lindsey.

KoC will be removed from his position on the NBA rules committee.
Dennis Lindsey will have to go to the Draft Lottery on May 21 and try to smile.
Draft Day will be Lindseys pick. Hope they have a draft party again.
Karl Malone doesn't hate Lindsey.

It sounds like Karl Malone and I have something in common.

So it is Greg & Dennis running the show now.

In the waking moments of the morning, when I was somewhere between dreamland and reality I had a vision of Dennis cleaning house. Walt Perrin, Ron Boone, Tom Nisalke----all 'retired'. Bolerjack decided to focus on football and spend more time with his family. Bob Hyde retired. And the Jazz could not find a corporate sponsor to name the arena.

When I woke up I had to check the news just to be certain it wasn't real.

You should talk to Xthren... he had a similar condition 2 weeks ago when he was dreaming about our draft picks...