What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Strong catch and shoot player. Doesn't think he creates much separation... inefficient as a pull up scorer in SL. 8 of 31 on pull ups in SL. Settling for pull up jumpers...

Flashes of strong downhill drives... good at initiating contact... will get to the line a lot.

Big area of improvement - decision making with ball in his hand ... nice passes out of the PnR.

Incredibly positive performance... still areas to work on - decisionmaking, consistency of pull up jumper, continuing to get better with the balance between creating for himself and for teammates.

He does seem to think Keyonte's performance in SL has been overrated a bit.

I just watched this and while their analysis is fine, I think this is a little bit too much cold water to pour on a guy that played as well as Keyonte just did. What Keyonte did in the summer league this year is on par with just about any other rookie to have played in the summer league in the past 5 years. He was by all standards simply amazing.

I just watched this and while their analysis is fine, I think this is a little bit too much cold water to pour on a guy that played as well as Keyonte just did. What Keyonte did in the summer league this year is on par with just about any other rookie to have played in the summer league in the past 5 years. He was by all standards simply amazing.
They didn’t want to admit they got it wrong.. lol..

If people are picking on off the bounce shot pecentage on an NBA rookie, they are just about out of things to criticize. I'm really curious, however what the true shooting percentage is off of Keyonte's off the dribble. It seems that there were a lot of threes mixed in there.

Strong catch and shoot player. Doesn't think he creates much separation... inefficient as a pull up scorer in SL. 8 of 31 on pull ups in SL. Settling for pull up jumpers...

Flashes of strong downhill drives... good at initiating contact... will get to the line a lot.

Big area of improvement - decision making with ball in his hand ... nice passes out of the PnR.

....still areas to work on - decisionmaking, consistency of pull up jumper, continuing to get better with the balance between creating for himself and for teammates.

He does seem to think Keyonte's performance in SL has been overrated a bit.
This is pretty much what his draft profile already said about him, so no surprises here. It's gotta count for something that he did it in SL, though.

Anyone by chance have ESPN+ can tell us what Pelton says about Keyonte here?

Noted the following:

George looked different playing for the Jazz, who also hosted the Salt Lake City summer league before making the short trip to Vegas. He told Utah reporters that he was down to 190 pounds, his high school weight, after playing his lone season at Baylor around 215 pounds.

The results were noticeable in his explosiveness. George was able to get to the hoop to set up teammates, averaging 6.3 assists per game and posting an assist-to-turnover ratio near 3. George also hit 44% of his 3-pointers en route to 21.7 points per game, the most among 2023 draft picks. That accuracy might be hard to sustain for George, who hit 34% from the shorter college line, but he showed why he was projected as a top-10 pick entering college.