What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

The tantalizing think with Key for me... is the combination of other things with the potent shooting (I understand these are all theoretical). If he can get into the middle off the dribble and also is an above average passer for a guard then he'll be on an all-star type trajectory. He's shown some real flashes as a passer... other than his shot making that has maybe made me the most excited as its kinda hard to teach and shows BBIQ.

I would say he had a top 3 debut if we put all of the rookies in the draft class together only two I saw play better was livley and victor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyonte ranks 18th in assists per 36 with 7.3, and 28th in total assists.

In assists per 36 category he is ahead of guys like Brogdon, Maxey, Cade, Sabonis, Tyus, Garland, Conley, Shai and Giddey.

Actually leads Conley in APG as well.

The tantalizing think with Key for me... is the combination of other things with the potent shooting (I understand these are all theoretical). If he can get into the middle off the dribble and also is an above average passer for a guard then he'll be on an all-star type trajectory. He's shown some real flashes as a passer... other than his shot making that has maybe made me the most excited as its kinda hard to teach and shows BBIQ.
Totally agree, though I’d go a step further. Keyonte’s vision is elite. Hardy’s system places a heavy emphasis on off-ball action, and it’s amazing to me that a 20 year old can make the reads and connect lightning quick passes, often through narrow space. Imagine there will be some growing pains as he determines when to pass and when to shoot, but the kid is a stud.

I think based on last two games this looks like a real good take. Plus I dont think those things look as theoretical as they used to.

He needs to learn there are other passes besides bounce passes.

If he lobbed 2 of those passes he would have had 2 more assists and 2 less turn overs.
You can see the kid's talent from a mile away. I think his passing game is his biggest weakness at this point. Too many turnover pick sixes if you will. He'll learn to slow it down a bit and just get better.

He needs to learn there are other passes besides bounce passes.

If he lobbed 2 of those passes he would have had 2 more assists and 2 less turn overs.
Mr. Bolerhack needs to see you in his office to "help" you stop mislabeling "skip pass", tyvm.

You can see the kid's talent from a mile away. I think his passing game is his biggest weakness at this point. Too many turnover pick sixes if you will. He'll learn to slow it down a bit and just get better.
Yeah, he's just making that automatic pass to start the play without pay attention to the defense reading the play. It's a rookie thing.

Such a weird post. His passing game is obviously his biggest strength at this point and his shooting/scoring is obviously his biggest weakness.

Such a weird post. His passing game is obviously his biggest strength at this point and his shooting/scoring is obviously his biggest weakness.
Why is pointing out something weird? Why is it weird to analyze basketball?

I'm really over rookies having armor against any kind of legitimate critique. You can say a rookie isnt doing something well and it doesnt mean you hate them/think they suck.

Archie is correct that Keyonte has gone down the court several times and just made the automatic pass when it was obvious the defender was sitting on it. For the people who dont know ball, the automatic pass is basically the first pass to initiate a play, so often just swinging the ball to the other side.

Why is pointing out something weird? Why is it weird to analyze basketball?

I'm really over rookies having armor against any kind of legitimate critique. You can say a rookie isnt doing something well and it doesnt mean you hate them/think they suck.

Archie is correct that Keyonte has gone down the court several times and just made the automatic pass when it was obvious the defender was sitting on it. For the people who dont know ball, the automatic pass is basically the first pass to initiate a play, so often just swinging the ball to the other side.
Lol I literally said that his shooting and scoring his biggest weakness so far. That was a critique. He said that passing is his biggest weakness. His passing has been his biggest strength. He has racked up a bunch of assists. Some were the easy variety. Some were bounce pass dimes down the middle of the court through traffic. Some were really tough lobs. Some passes resulted in turnovers. Way more of them resulted in buckets.
His shot hasn't come around though.

If Archie pointed out something George did really well would that also be weird?
Nah. If he pointed out that keyonte passing has been the best part of his game then that would just be accurate, not weird.

His assist to turnover ratio ratio is 2.71. That would place him somewhere between Isiah Thomas (2.61) and Steve Nash (2.81). Obviously a small sample size of 10 games where you could say that he’s scouted and that those passes not represented as turnovers become such over larger samples, but that also negates the improvement and experience side of the equation, but 10 games is also a large enough sample for it to be somewhat perplexing where passing is referenced as the problem with nothing to point to. It’d have to be represented somewhere in the numbers somehow. Like fish, I’m much more concerned about his shooting efficiency.