What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Ahh so it's weird when you disagree with it and there is no nuance to passing.
I posted about the nuances to passing in my post silly. He has made some easy passes. He made some difficult passes. He has made some bad passes that led to turnovers. He has made all kinds of passes with different results. Main thing is that most of his passes resulted in buckets and very few resulted in turnovers. He has a good assist to turnover ratio. Passing has been the thing he has been good at this season. Passing is the reason he got minutes. And then was awarded the staring job. It certainly isn't due to his scorching shooting lol. (his shooting/scoring has been poor. This is the thing to critique. Not his passing)

You can see the kid's talent from a mile away. I think his passing game is his biggest weakness at this point. Too many turnover pick sixes if you will. He'll learn to slow it down a bit and just get better.
Yeah, I agree. At the same time, passing has been one of his strengths, but it's clear he makes a lot of really dangerous or just lazy passes, even though he's been lucky to keep the TOs down so far. That will come, though, I'm not concerned about that part at all.

passing has definitely been his biggest strength so far. the only thing archie did was pointed out that he still has some things to work on - but he didn't make a case that it's his biggest weakness.

passing has definitely been his biggest strength so far. the only thing archie did was pointed out that he still has some things to work on - but he didn't make a case that it's his biggest weakness.
He literally said "his passing game is his biggest weakness".

He literally said "his passing game is his biggest weakness".
i guess i'll say it again - he didn't make a case that it's his biggest weakness. i can call you a murderer, but for it to stick i have to actually make a case that what i said is true. he made his statement - he didn't make a case to support that statement. all he did was pointed out that keyonte isn't a perfect passer, that he has things to work on. iow, the fact that he still has some weaknesses as a passer, doesn't mean he passing is his biggest weakness.

Last edited:
i guess i'll say it again - he didn't make a case that it's his biggest weakness. i can call you a murderer, but for it to stick i have to actually make a case that what i said is true. he made his statement - he didn't make a case to support that statement. all he did was pointed out that keyonte isn't a perfect passer, that he has things to work on. iow, the fact that he still has some weaknesses as a passer, doesn't mean he passing is his biggest weakness.
He has 7 pick six turnovers. Lol

Why is pointing out something weird? Why is it weird to analyze basketball?

I'm really over rookies having armor against any kind of legitimate critique. You can say a rookie isnt doing something well and it doesnt mean you hate them/think they suck.

Archie is correct that Keyonte has gone down the court several times and just made the automatic pass when it was obvious the defender was sitting on it. For the people who dont know ball, the automatic pass is basically the first pass to initiate a play, so often just swinging the ball to the other side.
Someone who actually gets what I'm saying. A few of those passes have come in the last few minutes when the game was close. They're not hard to remember.

Again, I'm not dissing on the kid, but he's had some really lazy, predictable passes imo.

He has 7 pick six turnovers. Lol
How do you look up that information? How does that compare to other point guards? How many pick six turnovers does kyrie irving have for example?

How do you look up that information? How does that compare to other point guards? How many pick six turnovers does kyrie irving have for example.
I don't really care to track other players. I'm talking about KG. Why does pointing this out trigger you or weird to mention? I mean, I can praise the kid, I like him and his game, but that's vanilla easy to do.

I don't really care to track other players. I'm talking about KG. Why does pointing this out trigger you or weird to mention? I mean, I can praise the kid, I like him and his game, but that's vanilla easy to do.
Why do you get triggered when asked how to find the data you are looking at. I have just never seen this pick 6 stat in relation to basketball. Just asking how to find it. Seems reasonable.

Do you always think someone is triggered when someone asks you where you got your information?

Why do you get triggered when asked how to find the data you are looking at. I have just never seen this pick 6 stat in relation to basketball. Just asking how to find it. Seems reasonable.

Do you always think someone is triggered when someone asks you where you got your information?
The pick six stats are from watching the games. Feel free to rewatch them and tell me I'm wrong. I mean, I could be. I missed one game so.

He had one game where he had 2 lazy passes that lead to fast break layups or dunks in the last 6 minutes (possibly the last 4 minutes.)

I'm not triggered. You're gaslighting now.

The pick six stats are from watching the games. Feel free to rewatch them and tell me I'm wrong. I mean, I could be. I missed one game so.

He had one game where he had 2 lazy passes that lead to fast break layups or dunks in the last 6 minutes (possibly the last 4 minutes.)

Lol. You could have simply said you tracked that stat from watching the games and keeping a tally. I simply asked where you got that stat from as I never heard of it before. I guess asking someone where they got some info from is gaslighting?

Lol. You could have simply said you tracked that stat from watching the games and keeping a tally. I simply asked where you got that stat from as I never heard of it before. I guess asking someone where they got some info from is gaslighting?
I just told you where I got the stats from. The gaslighting is telling me that I'm triggered when you're the one who clearly has an issue with my take to the degree you think it's weird.

So weird to express an observation and opinion about a player on a discussion forum. That's the gaslighting.

Those were really bad but they are also so bad that they're the easiest mistakes to remedy. Other than those he very rarely has turnovers.

Those were really bad but they are also so bad that they're the easiest mistakes to remedy. Other than those he very rarely has turnovers.
I haven't argued anything other than the lazy, predictable passes and people are all upset I pointed that out or think I'm making it up. Lol

My favorite part will be when he has an awesome game and people start calling me a hater and how wrong I am for pointing out things in just the games I've watched up to making my initial comments.

Tbh, it's why I don't really care to post on here that often. People are to wrapped up in the idea of telling someone they're wrong, predicting outcomes and not hearing out other's perspectives.

It's not even like my perspective is wrong or flawed. The kid has had some terrible, predictable passes and I guarantee he'd admit it himself. It's not taking anything away from what he's done good so far. Many posters have covered those things so far.

How weird of me. Lol