What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

The most impressive thing Keyonte did last game was that even though he was hot, he realized that Lauri was even hotter and deferred the ball to him in isolation for the last two key offensive possessions. JC would never.
Good point

I have a feeling that this particular post will be returned to multiple times during the coming years.
Why's that? I said he's been bad this season. That's a fact. Sure he's had a few good games but that doesn't change the overall picture. Whether or not Key improves in the future, it doesn't have anything to do with me calling it like I see it now.

It's also not much of a reach to say that the guy could struggle with shooting consistency all through his career. To me he seems to be the epitome of hot/cold, and as he's not that athletic for his position, shooting can make or break him.

I want year 2 Keyonte to be a ball moving robot who only takes open shots and makes them, keeps his dribble alive and doesn't sulk. That would be a huge win

My favorite sign of progression from the OKC game was the way they tried to target him as a defender and he stood tall and tough. SGA got a favorable whistle or two, but Key wasn't the easy target they were expecting. They'd probably have had to switch him out during the run if he hadn't been able to compete on that end, but he did, and it kept him in the game during the critical run.

Why's that? I said he's been bad this season. That's a fact. Sure he's had a few good games but that doesn't change the overall picture. Whether or not Key improves in the future, it doesn't have anything to do with me calling it like I see it now.

It's also not much of a reach to say that the guy could struggle with shooting consistency all through his career. To me he seems to be the epitome of hot/cold, and as he's not that athletic for his position, shooting can make or break him.

I want year 2 Keyonte to be a ball moving robot who only takes open shots and makes them, keeps his dribble alive and doesn't sulk. That would be a huge win
It is fairly safe to assume that what YOU think Keyonte is and what you want him to be is not aligned with what HARDY thinks. Maybe its time to admit you were wrong, or then start criticizing the coach instead of the kid.

Its not like Kessler got automatic minutes over KO, Vando and Rudy Gay last year, despite looking great most of the time and having gaudy advanced stats. Not to mention Hendricks, who got picked 7 spots ahead of Keyonte. Key even managed to push THT back to riding the pine, which wasnt really the most deserving benching....

Keyonte is obviously doing the right things according to Hardy and whatever nitpicking you do is just completely rebuffed by Hardy's comments and minutes distribution.

I mean, re-read your message. I understand that negativity for you is such a base-standard but man.. And the career-predictions you make on a rookie that has genuinly been a decent rookie with a set of flaws he can work with. What is there not to disagree with your post?

And for your nickname; i fail to remember one single positive post you might have written. If such an occasion has whitnessed daylight, it is deeply buried under the overwhelmingly negative aura you emit around you.

Those shooting percentages are what im loving. Its a make or miss league. If you are making shots most nights then you are awesome. If you are missing then you suck. Especially from a point guard/shooting guard perspective. He was missing shots like crazy and he sucked ***. Lately he has been making shots and he has been awesome.
What I like about him is that he can get to the line which is a useful skill to have when the missing stats happening. It is an absolute requirement for efficiency as well. He's only going to get better as a not-rookie in that regard.

Watching Keyonte in OKC third quarter since I fell asleep the other night right before we started coming back. With 5 min left in the third we were down 12. Key came in along with Kessler for Sexton and Collins. One of the first possessions The D slacked way off Keyonte and Dunn didn't trust him enough to pass it back to him for a 3. Keyonte pouted. Next defensive stop Lauri helped Keyonte vs. SGA along the sideline and SGA dribbled off his foot... Key scooped it up and barely beat SGA and Giddey down the floor for a nice contested layup. Timeout OKC. This "keys" a 19-3 run with Keyonte making several big plays.

Last edited:
Keyonte's incline in 3P% over the season is awesome. He was like 29% early on and still hovered around 30% in mid-December or so, but he has been pushing it up since and is already at 34.8%.

40.5% on last 15 games, so not a small sample anymore.

Keyonte's incline in 3P% over the season is awesome. He was like 29% early on and still hovered around 30% in mid-December or so, but he has been pushing it up since and is already at 34.8%.

40.5% on last 15 games, so not a small sample anymore.
Yeah, his stroke was clean, and he shot it well in summer league, so I was hoping it would come around, and so it is, in spectacular fashion...

I'm happy with Keyonte progress. He is really improving and may become an important player for the Jazz. Unfortunatly i'm less convinced with TH but i also patient and will see next year if he can improve. He barely play until now so it will be unfair to make judgment at this stage.

bump.

Keyonte seems to be really turning a corner in the post ASB now that the Jazz have given him complete control of the PG reigns.

Only negative thing is that with his massive increase in shots and usage, his FT rate has actually plummeted. Went from averaging 2.9 FTA per game on 9.5 FGA to 1.8 on 15.4 FGA.

bump.

Keyonte seems to be really turning a corner in the post ASB now that the Jazz have given him complete control of the PG reigns.

Only negative thing is that with his massive increase in shots and usage, his FT rate has actually plummeted. Went from averaging 2.9 FTA per game on 9.5 FGA to 1.8 on 15.4 FGA.

He was hitting the ground a lot for those FT's. He's going to be a star for sure though. I worry his ego might grow bigger than D-Will and Donovan's put together.

I like that he started to set the offense more, earlier he was just bringing the ball up and mostly immediately passing to someone, he is more comfortable now with search dribble and waiting for the opportunity to make the right play.

Still early, but I dont see a lot of natural chemistry between Sexton and Keyonte. Still seems like giving this much load to Keyonte in his rookie year is a clear sign Sexton is going to get dealt within a year.