What's new

Knicks hire Johnnie Bryant

Show me one verifiable piece of 'noise' on this.
I can’t verify it, but when guys with actual league sources are saying or hinting at it, there’s at least some smoke surrounding it. There’s some noise in regards to it. I love how I’ve been saying this for over a year and you’re starting to see the Knicks blatantly go after him and yet y’all still don’t wanna hear it. Let’s just be real here. Donovan has more ties to NY and the Knicks than Hayward had to Boston. Don’t be blind here.

I can’t verify it, but when guys with actual league sources are saying or hinting at it, there’s at least some smoke surrounding it. There’s some noise in regards to it. I love how I’ve been saying this for over a year and you’re starting to see the Knicks blatantly go after him and yet y’all still don’t wanna hear it. Let’s just be real here. Donovan has more ties to NY and the Knicks than Hayward had to Boston. Don’t be blind here.
We also let Hayward explore his options when he was restricted. And we still kept him for 4 more years.

Either you think Mitchell will be the first player ever to turn down a max offer after his rookie contract. Or all of your posts are talking about something that is years away from even being a thing. It's odd how you never stick around long enough to explain what you are actually fear mongering about. That Mitchell might go to the Knicks five years from now?

Well if you're gonna use Hayward as an example shouldn't you be more worried about Pitino being hired as an NBA coach?

We also let Hayward explore his options when he was restricted. And we still kept him for 4 more years.

Either you think Mitchell will be the first player ever to turn down a max offer after his rookie contract. Or all of your posts are talking about something that is years away from even being a thing. It's odd how you never stick around long enough to explain what you are actually fear mongering about. That Mitchell might go to the Knicks five years from now?
At some point a player will do it. Will it be Don? Idk, I’m just saying there is smoke out there he won’t extend. Also, even on top of that, a contract doesn’t mean he won’t ask for a trade.

At some point a player will do it. Will it be Don? Idk, I’m just saying there is smoke out there he won’t extend. Also, even on top of that, a contract doesn’t mean he won’t ask for a trade.
While we are all enjoying Mitchell playing for our team I hope you have fun waiting years for something to maybe happen with him moving to a new team, so that you can come wag a finger at us on a day that everyone is bummed out.

Seems like a good way to express your fandom.

Johnnie is probably the worst hire as far as what could happen to us.

I do know, understand and get it. Bryant was Mitchell's assigned coach to work with, his development coach. So out of all the assistant coaches he was probably the closest to Bryant.

I do know, understand and get it. Bryant was Mitchell's assigned coach to work with, his development coach. So out of all the assistant coaches he was probably the closest to Bryant.

If you are a star and are leaving to follow an assistant coach then GTFO here. You are a loser and we don't want you.

While we are all enjoying Mitchell playing for our team I hope you have fun waiting years for something to maybe happen with him moving to a new team, so that you can come wag a finger at us on a day that everyone is bummed out.

Seems like a good way to express your fandom.
Y'all act like we can't talk about 2 things at once.

I'm more concerned about losing his coaching skills than the Mitchell connection. It seems like everyone connected to the team thinks Bryant is really good at his job.

......I'm confused. Even if Donovan opts out, he just comes a restricted FA right and we can just match any offer? And the offer you can match from a competitor will be substantially less than the max offer we can provide, correct?

......I'm confused. Even if Donovan opts out, he just comes a restricted FA right and we can just match any offer? And the offer you can match from a competitor will be substantially less than the max offer we can provide, correct?

I think if he goes for QO then we get him for a fifth year and then he’s UFA.

but ppl aren’t talking about the more likely issue at play here— him leaking that he doesn’t wannabe here a la Anthony Davis, forcing the trade. To me that seems more likely.

I think we gotta accept this situation for what it is— he grew up in NY, hes a big market player, and he’s not gonna retire here. At this point it’s a ticking time bomb before he leaves, and we just need to do everything we can to win a championship before he leaves. With a performance like he just had he frankly just vaulted into top 4 jazz player ever, and is well on his way to the Hall of Fame *shrugs shoulders*
Rudy is more romantic— I think he prefers winning *here* than elsewhere— but his narrative is different. At this point I kinda think we need both of them here and one more clutch signing/draft steal, but I see it as likely that we’ll fizz out. It is what it is. Let’s just enjoy him while he’s here, and hope for some luck

I think if he goes for QO then we get him for a fifth year and then he’s UFA.

but ppl aren’t talking about the more likely issue at play here— him leaking that he doesn’t wannabe here a la Anthony Davis, forcing the trade. To me that seems more likely.

I think we gotta accept this situation for what it is— he grew up in NY, hes a big market player, and he’s not gonna retire here. At this point it’s a ticking time bomb before he leaves, and we just need to do everything we can to win a championship before he leaves. With a performance like he just had he frankly just vaulted into top 4 jazz player ever, and is well on his way to the Hall of Fame *shrugs shoulders*
Rudy is more romantic— I think he prefers winning *here* than elsewhere— but his narrative is different. At this point I kinda think we need both of them here and one more clutch signing/draft steal, but I see it as likely that we’ll fizz out. It is what it is. Let’s just enjoy him while he’s here, and hope for some luck

Got it, thanks Dal.

You are correct. I guess there is still the fear that we match and he demands a trade

Oops I see dala already covered that
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My guess is this, he signs a 3 year max +1 player option. I don’t think he’ll sign the 5 year max. My personal opinion is, if that’s what he does, you may as we trade him sooner rather than later and get everything you can for him. Anything but the 5 year max when he signs his extension(I expect him to sign something, I’ve just mentioned there is smoke out there he won’t even extend, I don’t necessarily believe that, but it’s out there) tells me what I need to know about his commitment to the franchise.

My guess is this, he signs a 3 year max +1 player option. I don’t think he’ll sign the 5 year max. My personal opinion is, if that’s what he does, you may as we trade him sooner rather than later and get everything you can for him. Anything but the 5 year max when he signs his extension(I expect him to sign something, I’ve just mentioned there is smoke out there he won’t even extend, I don’t necessarily believe that, but it’s out there) tells me what I need to know about his commitment to the franchise.
It would be appreciated if you gave us something more tangible than your "smoke and mirrors" because all you have is circumstantial supposition. Has Donovan ever said or even hinted that he wants to play for the Knicks? Put that in writing and then you have something tangible. Sure, he's from NY and might want to play for the Knicks someday. But certainly not at the present. I could see, however, that the signing of Bryant indicates that the Knicks want DM. We shall see how it plays out. But your obsession with this, and I've said this before, is very annoying. What's your point in constantly harping on this?