What's new

Knicks hire Johnnie Bryant

It would be appreciated if you gave us something more tangible than your "smoke and mirrors" because all you have is circumstantial supposition. Has Donovan ever said or even hinted that he wants to play for the Knicks? Put that in writing and then you have something tangible. Sure, he's from NY and might want to play for the Knicks someday. But certainly not at the present. I could see, however, that the signing of Bryant indicates that the Knicks want DM. We shall see how it plays out. But your obsession with this, and I've said this before, is very annoying. What's your point in constantly harping on this?
THE KNICKS JUST HIRED THE CLOSEST COACH ON OUR STAFF TO DONOVAN TODAY IM SORRY THESE THINGS KEEP COMING UP I DONT WANT THEM TO.

I would usually laugh out loud even at the hint of the Knicks having any aspirations about signing Mitchell or any other premier FA, but the Knicks have a new management that seems to be very competent and they've been making good hires from other successful franchises and they've been going for lesser known but respected names(like Johnnie Bryant) and supposedly Dolan has been staying out of Leon Rose and co's way... for now.

Now the question is - for how long will Dolan be able to stay out of the new management's way? But don't forget that BKN was looked at as one of the worst run teams in the league just 2 years ago and they managed to turn that into a promising young team that was able to attract 2 of the biggest FAs in the league in KD and Kyrie. Teams can turn around relatively quickly with good management and a few lucky rolls of the dice. And if they start looking like a competently run franchise, players like DM would definitely have to at least consider them as options. And in the case with DM he has the hometown factor play in his decision too.

In any case - after the blow Hayward landed on me, I've decided to not get too emotionally attached to individual players... to just be happy with what they bring to the team and appreciate them for the time we have them and if/when the time comes they decide to seek other opportunities... so be it. It's on our management to make this team harder to leave and more appealing to stay.

Anyways - congrats to Johnnie Briant, he seems like a hard working coach who deserves the opportunity to grow in his profession and this is a good chance for him to continue to prove himself.

I'm just here to enjoy the ride. If Donovan really does want to leave then I hope he at least helps us get compensation and leaves on respectful terms.