What's new

Kris Dunn

We’ve gone full spaz… lolz.

You can’t send this stuff out… then they never do it… they’d be taking advice directly from internet dummies. They only take advice they search out in the internet boards through their algorithms.
I hear JZ has been taking your advice for almost a year now. You sold him on Gay as a possible buyout. He also brought in Shaq. Quin doesn’t do JFC, though.

I wouldn’t do this unless Boston threw in an asset or two. It is a real steep contract with where the Jazz are at and Dunn would probably hardly play.

We’ve gone full spaz… lolz.

You can’t send this stuff out… then they never do it… they’d be taking advice directly from internet dummies. They only take advice they search out in the internet boards through their algorithms.

JZ’s probably bringing this **** up in the board room…
JZ: ”Okay, okay, one last thing before lunch. It’s probably nothing but some schmuck from IG DM’ed me a trade proposal last night.”
Gay intern: “You’re o—What’s your handle, Justin?”
JZ (grimaces at intern, looks to Ryan, and rolls his eyes): “Anyway, as I was saying, some overzealous fan DM’ed me this ****. (Projects it on the screen). It’s likely nothing and we all know Ryan doesn’t want to spend real money, am I right Ryan? Haha. Kidding’ brotha, but yeah, maybe let’s do some DD on this, crunch the numbers and see if it makes sense. (Looks to Dennis who’s sleeping, slumping in his chair. Flicks some peanuts at him.)
Dennis: Wait, what?
Ryan: Dennis, please see me after the meeting is over.
Dennis: Sorry, I had a late night.
Quin: Side piece? Lines of coke off her ***?
Ryan: Do we need to drug test you, Quin?
Quin: It was a joke, Ry. Get the stick out of your ***.
Intern: Do you need help with that, Ryan?
Ryan: Huh?
Justin: People, people. Lunch is calling and we have this franchise altering DM to get to before we can leave. As I was saying, Dennis, I know you’re my boss now, but you’re not fooling anyone. Do us all a favor, see if this trade makes sense. Run it by our analytics team.
Dennis: No
Justin: Excuse me?
Dennis: No.
Justin: No, what? No, you’re not going to run it by the math nerds?
Dennis: No. Don’t do the trade.
Justin: And why is that, Dennis?
Dennis: We’re a really good team now.
Justin: That’s why? That’s the best ya got?
Ryan: Dennis. My office. Now.

I hear JZ has been taking your advice for almost a year now. You sold him on Gay as a possible buyout. He also brought in Shaq. Quin doesn’t do JFC, though.
Yes but that was earned through his own searching… you can’t just lazily send it to him. It’s too obvious… also you forgot Butler.

JZ’s probably bringing this **** up in the board room…
JZ: ”Okay, okay, one last thing before lunch. It’s probably nothing but some schmuck from IG DM’ed me a trade proposal last night.”
Gay intern: “You’re o—What’s your handle, Justin?”
JZ (grimaces at intern, looks to Ryan, and rolls his eyes): “Anyway, as I was saying, some overzealous fan DM’ed me this ****. (Projects it on the screen). It’s likely nothing and we all know Ryan doesn’t want to spend real money, am I right Ryan? Haha. Kidding’ brotha, but yeah, maybe let’s do some DD on this, crunch the numbers and see if it makes sense. (Looks to Dennis who’s sleeping, slumping in his chair. Flicks some peanuts at him.)
Dennis: Wait, what?
Ryan: Dennis, please see me after the meeting is over.
Dennis: Sorry, I had a late night.
Quin: Side piece? Lines of coke off her ***?
Ryan: Do we need to drug test you, Quin?
Quin: It was a joke, Ry. Get the stick out of your ***.
Intern: Do you need help with that, Ryan?
Ryan: Huh?
Justin: People, people. Lunch is calling and we have this franchise altering DM to get to before we can leave. As I was saying, Dennis, I know you’re my boss now, but you’re not fooling anyone. Do us all a favor, see if this trade makes sense. Run it by our analytics team.
Dennis: No
Justin: Excuse me?
Dennis: No.
Justin: No, what? No, you’re not going to run it by the math nerds?
Dennis: No. Don’t do the trade.
Justin: And why is that, Dennis?
Dennis: We’re a really good team now.
Justin: That’s why? That’s the best ya got?
Ryan: Dennis. My office. Now.
At most DL does Zoom from Houston. At most.

I wouldn’t do this unless Boston threw in an asset or two. It is a real steep contract with where the Jazz are at and Dunn would probably hardly play.
I’m just not convinced that the difference between Smart and Dunn is drastic. Certainly Smart - Dunn < Jordan Clarkson. This move would allow us to have our cake and eat it, too.

I’m just not convinced that the difference between Smart and Dunn is drastic. Certainly Smart - Dunn < Jordan Clarkson. This move would allow us to have our cake and eat it, too.
We don’t have enough minutes for both cakes so we need to replace one cake with a higher quality cake.

I’m not sure Dunn is playable in the post season cuz the shot is so iffy. He had one year he shot it okay.

That said if Ryan wants to spend his money on Dunn I’m cool with it.

We don’t have enough minutes for both cakes so we need to replace one cake with a higher quality cake.

I’m not sure Dunn is playable in the post season cuz the shot is so iffy. He had one year he shot it okay.

That said if Ryan wants to spend his money on Dunn I’m cool with it.
We don’t, but it gives us some pieces. Look at how Lue used Beverley, for instance. Barely played in the first round when he wasn’t needed. Used more in second round but minutes yo-yo’d. I think we definitely need a defensive upgrade and think we definitely need a bit smaller dose of Clarkson with new additions, but I’d also have the same concerns about Smart being 25+ MPG. He’s a terrible shooter, too. I think the difference between Smart and Dunn is likely opportunity. But Dunn affords you the ability to keep him as a smaller piece. In the same way that Gay will fill a super-Niang role, Dunn could fill a super-Oni role.

tl;dr Dunn at 15 mpg is possibly better than Smart at 25+ mpg because I think you’d get diminishing returns with more Smart minutes. 18-20 mpg would be the sweet spot and I don’t think you could bring him in for that role.

Have him work on 3 and 3 only. Put him out there with a more committed Donnie, Royce, Bogey and Gay (or even Gobert) and I think we’re fine.

I mean, Dunn coming in and clanking threes or Oni? Or Smart? Smart’s gonna clank a lot more of them.

Probably not worth it in my mind, unless the FO is lower on Butler than I think they are there's just not a ton of minutes in the backcourt rotation.

unlike Shaq, Dunn actually does have enough skill to play the point. Can he stay healthy is the question.

Reactions: Red
Dunn is a nice player but I don't know that it happens. Aren't quin and Schroder like BFFs? Why don't we sell Schroder on balling out in Utah for nothing instead of Boston for a touch more than nothing.

He doesn't fill a need but he can score by the dozen.

Dunn is a nice player but I don't know that it happens. Aren't quin and Schroder like BFFs? Why don't we sell Schroder on balling out in Utah for nothing instead of Boston for a touch more than nothing.

He doesn't fill a need but he can score by the dozen.

He’s a really good fit in Boston. IMO, they need guys like that who play defense and don’t need to score to impact the game. For that reason, they’d be foolish if they trade Smart imo.