What's new

Last good song you listened to?

I think one deaf person and two dishonest ones.

Why call out the integrity of others when it is you who doesn't seem to want to follow through with what you said? $20 is $20 but geez it's only $20.

Look, I get that you engaged my music post here, not to have a discussion, but to be a jerk, and I know why you would do it. But if what you are really saying is that your words don't really matter to you, then you are just wasting my time.

It's just a music thread. Maybe your ears are just too sensitive.

Why call out the integrity of others when it is you who doesn't seem to want to follow through with what you said? $20 is $20 but geez it's only $20.

Look, I get that you engaged my music post here, not to have a discussion, but to be a jerk, and I know why you would do it. But if what you are really saying is that your words don't really matter to you, then you are just wasting my time.

It's just a music thread. Maybe your ears are just too sensitive.
So, so, serious. Lol. Dude, it's called banter. I even made fun of myself.

Where I come from, and pretty much everyone I know, if you bust someone's balls, it means you like them 99% of the time. :)

This was the 1%.

I'll give you your money when you go out to lunch with me. Fair? Oh, your math is poor.

Hehepeepeecaca

Last edited:
Dude that sounds disingenuous. Everyone knows that banter is a friendly teasing EXCHANGE of remarks between two people. Did you not notice that I wasn't playing? It's either a lie or you were oblivious. You were prodding or goading me into banter perhaps. I wanted you to buzz off.

This is most likely all about me calling you out for your early season Donovan Mitchell takes and your trolling of those early season game threads where you made them more about you. You didn't like hearing that. Before and since, we had very little exchange. So to come here and start hating on an artist that I said is one of my favorites, isn't friendly at all. Banter such as that is what people do after having a friendly history. We don't.

Where I come from and the people I hang out with mostly are people who don't say one thing and do another.

Dude that sounds disingenuous. Everyone knows that banter is a friendly teasing EXCHANGE of remarks between two people. Did you not notice that I wasn't playing? It's either a lie or you were oblivious. You were prodding or goading me into banter perhaps. I wanted you to buzz off.

This is most likely all about me calling you out for your early season Donovan Mitchell takes and your trolling of those early season game threads where you made them more about you. You didn't like hearing that. Before and since, we had very little exchange. So to come here and start hating on an artist that I said is one of my favorites, isn't friendly at all. Banter such as that is what people do after having a friendly history. We don't.

Where I come from and the people I hang out with mostly are people who don't say one thing and do another.

I don't really remember your comments about my Mitchell takes and don't care. :) I was at the doctor's office yesterday and was trying to entertain myself. I have literally nothing against you or your posts. If giving you **** for that song rubbed you wrong, I apologize.

Also, I'm not hating on the artist as much as I am that song. I'm sure she's great. She had a huge crowd. I clicked on it because I was interested in hearing something new.

I actually played that song again this morning to see if it were as bad as I remembered. As a musician myself, she obviously has talent, especially being able to finger pick and sing flawlessly. That said, after about a minute of listening to it, my gf came out of the bathroom while getting ready for work and said, what the **** are you listening to? Please, turn it off. Haha

Music is absolutely relative. I actually cringe going back to the start of this thread and listening to some of the **** music I've posted, but it's also nostalgic af because I remember why I was listening to those songs, during that time in my life. I have a weird taste in music and try to be open as to as many genres as possible, but a lot of times, I can't do it.

The last song I posted was by The Menzingers, my favorite band of all time. They're absolutely not for everyone. They're an eastcoast, pop-punk rock band that play with raw emotion and have mesmerizing 50s vibe to them. They have some of the most brilliant written songs (same with Astronautalis and Doomtree) and are the epitome of lyrical geniuses, to me. Not a lot of people like or appreciate them. I write most of the music I play and I often get stumped on writing lyrics because it's hard for me to transfer my words into an actual written sequence. It's a dyslexic thing, I imagine.

Again, I was sincerely trying to banter with you (I know you weren't having it and that's why I continued.) After seeing the boob video and yours I had to try and bring levity into the thread. I'm a weird guy. Not a lot of people get my humor and it's not until they realize that 90% of what I say is some lame attempt at a joke or a dig while coming across as serious as possible, I'm actually pretty damn easy going.I don't want to discourage you from posting songs in here. I, often times, play what people share in here and have found a lot of songs and artists I like.

P.S. Don't ever share that song again, Ok?

Saw these guys last Wednesday, great show, not band for a Sydney band.

One of my favorite bands jr high and high school was a band from Australia based out of Melbourne and Victoria called - The Living End. I saw them at Warp Tour '99 in Salt Lake City along with Blink 182, Pennywise, No Use for a Name, Melancholy, Eminem, Ice Tea, Zebrahead, Less than Jake and a few others. One of my best memories.

Have you heard of the Living End? Their bass player plays the stand up bass like a boss and their guitarist can shred the **** out of a guitar.

(Haven't heard this song is 10 or so years)

I guess I need to look for more boobs in the songs to cheer you up mate.

Jolene by Dolly Parton is a fine song.

I'm actually streaming DM highlights onto my 75' Samsung, enjoying it considerably. Considering watching OKC game 6 on league pass but its 2am...

One of my favorite bands jr high and high school was a band from Australia based out of Melbourne and Victoria called - The Living End. I saw them at Warp Tour '99 in Salt Lake City along with Blink 182, Pennywise, No Use for a Name, Melancholy, Eminem, Ice Tea, Zebrahead, Less than Jake and a few others. One of my best memories.

Have you heard of the Living End? Their bass player plays the stand up bass like a boss and their guitarist can shred the **** out of a guitar.

(Haven't heard this song is 10 or so years)

Yeah they put on a great show, saw them a few years ago when they headlined a big charity show a friend of mine does to provided sporting and musical facilities to underprivileged kids. Their guitarist is an arsehole, came pretty close to beating the piss out of him and his father outside one of the countries more storied venues one night (I worked the door there for a decade). Said to them, "If you want we can fight and you will lose, I also know who you are so i'll sell the footage to the press." Seemed to end the discussion.

If we talking about fine songs, I am not very emotional person but this one almost makes me cry. Especially if I think about my cousin who died in car accident at 35 years old.

I don't really remember your comments about my Mitchell takes and don't care. :) I was at the doctor's office yesterday and was trying to entertain myself. I have literally nothing against you or your posts. If giving you **** for that song rubbed you wrong, I apologize.

Also, I'm not hating on the artist as much as I am that song. I'm sure she's great. She had a huge crowd. I clicked on it because I was interested in hearing something new.

I actually played that song again this morning to see if it were as bad as I remembered. As a musician myself, she obviously has talent, especially being able to finger pick and sing flawlessly. That said, after about a minute of listening to it, my gf came out of the bathroom while getting ready for work and said, what the **** are you listening to? Please, turn it off. Haha

Music is absolutely relative. I actually cringe going back to the start of this thread and listening to some of the **** music I've posted, but it's also nostalgic af because I remember why I was listening to those songs, during that time in my life. I have a weird taste in music and try to be open as to as many genres as possible, but a lot of times, I can't do it.

The last song I posted was by The Menzingers, my favorite band of all time. They're absolutely not for everyone. They're an eastcoast, pop-punk rock band that play with raw emotion and have mesmerizing 50s vibe to them. They have some of the most brilliant written songs (same with Astronautalis and Doomtree) and are the epitome of lyrical geniuses, to me. Not a lot of people like or appreciate them. I write most of the music I play and I often get stumped on writing lyrics because it's hard for me to transfer my words into an actual written sequence. It's a dyslexic thing, I imagine.

Again, I was sincerely trying to banter with you (I know you weren't having it and that's why I continued.) After seeing the boob video and yours I had to try and bring levity into the thread. I'm a weird guy. Not a lot of people get my humor and it's not until they realize that 90% of what I say is some lame attempt at a joke or a dig while coming across as serious as possible, I'm actually pretty damn easy going.I don't want to discourage you from posting songs in here. I, often times, play what people share in here and have found a lot of songs and artists I like.

P.S. Don't ever share that song again, Ok?

I have nothing personal against you Archie. It is water under the bridge.

Even though it is banter, I really don't get the criticism. When I post a song it is because I like the song and can go back to it over and over again, years down the road again and still like the song. I don't come here thinking what poster x or poster y will approve of before I post it. I like what I like and I'm sure that I like it. They mostly aren't popular songs. I would never be under the impression that most people would like what I post. I like it, and if someone else likes a song that they haven't heard before, then that is what it is all about.

I mean I can give a *no autotune* warning next time, if you need it.

Last edited: