What's new

Life - official thread

*pulls along the curb and rolls down window*

Hey girls, I'm trying to get some gardening done... know where I can find a couple of hoes?

landscaping-van-2.jpg

Yeah, stickers and crusin' in the company van. It's like a delivery van for plants, right one love?
Yah.. it is a Volkswagen Transporter so it is a nice enough vehicle but it aint a chick mobile that's for sure.

But then again I wouldn't be into girls who are so fixated on material things anyway.

Yah.. it is a Volkswagen Transporter so it is a nice enough vehicle but it aint a chick mobile that's for sure.

But then again I wouldn't be into gorls who are so fixated on material things anyway.
So you're not into girls then?

To some extent all women are materialistic.

Facts of life.

I guess I'm just too old fashion/romantic... I just want them to like/love me for who I am, ... do you know what I mean?

But yes I know, on my trip to Thailand last month I met so many women/girls who were very much into material things and it really bore me.

I guess I'm just too old fashion/romantic... I just want them to like/love me for who I am, ... do you know what I mean?

But yes I know, on my trip to Thailand last month I met so many women/girls who were very much into material things and it really bore me.
Liking someone for who they are is so new it hasn't even happened yet. Nothing old fashioned about it.

I'm getting a disabled license plate today. It's a weird feeling.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app
Why? What's wrong?

August is going to be fairly busy for me.

First, I have to submit my beers for the Beehive Brew Off by the 13th. I will be submitting 8 beers in 10 categories (two beers will be entered into more than one category).

Pistol Porter category 13C English Porter

Third Cousin category 14C Scottish Export

YES category 11C Strong Bitter and 17A British Strong Ale

Worker Bee Bitter category 11A Ordinary Bitter

Bitter Exit category 11B Best Bitter

Stormborn category 12A British Golden Ale

Underway IPA category 12C English IPA

Bounty Hunter category 21B-Rye Rye IPA 22B American Strong Ale

The judging will take place the 20th and 21st with the awards ceremony on the night of the 21st at The Bayou (mini-meetup?). I'll be stewarding again this year.

I'm hosting the 4th game of the 2016 Summer Poker League on the 13th. I think everyone in the league, all eight of us, will be there for the first time.

On the 27th I'll be at this year's Utah Beer Festival. Sounds like they've made significant improvement over what they did last year. They'll have RFID wristbands that will hold all your "tokens" electronically which should speed up the lines and eliminate having to stand in the line to buy more tickets. Being at the Utah State Fair Grounds will hopefully provide more opportunities for shade and they've said there will be many more food options than in previous years. (mini-meetup?)
You should make a thread for the mini meet up like a week before the event.

Eh. My wife loves who I am, loves what I do, and she's a great person. She's also honest, and wanted to marry somebody who she knew could take care of her financially. And that doesn't mean she wanted somebody rich, she just didn't want a bum. Does that make her materialistic? Kinda...but that is how most women are. I don't blame them either.

This is the absolute truth: my girlfriend's love and support wouldn't waver if I decided to be a struggling artist making $30K a year. She is absolutely hooked up to the energy and effort one puts into living the life they want.

(She comes from rural poverty and left public education at age 12. She's a long long way from the institutional conceits that hook people into a certain dependence on money.)

They're out there.

This is the absolute truth: my girlfriend's love and support wouldn't waver if I decided to be a struggling artist making $30K a year. She is absolutely hooked up to the energy and effort one puts into living the life they want.

(She comes from rural poverty and left public education at age 12. She's a long long way from the institutional conceits that hook people into a certain dependence on money.)

They're out there.

Heh. I'm only making $40k right now. Sole income for my family of 3.

Why? What's wrong?
Rare and incurable lung/heart disease. Early stages still, but I get really short of breath and really dizzy. It felt like giving in to the disease to get the disabled parking plates. But long walks through parking lots make me hesitant to go places. And as others have pointed out, why waste what little energy I have on a parking lot.

So my doc convinced me and I got them yesterday. It still feels weird, partly because I know I don't look sick when I get out of the car and I hate people judging me. Silly, I know.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

They're out there.

What if you were making 12K, living in a trailer park with tons of crime and made ends meet with government assistance and an equally good looking, equally intelligent and equally into her guy came into the picture and that guy was making over 100k/year?